Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Ranter posted:

Is that cheese too, or just a FUCKLOAD of super thick butter?

Nope just butter, a trick from my granddad, use a cheese slicer to slice butter, never have problems with cold hard butter again.

I honestly don't think it's more than you'd generally apply with a knife though (and you want more than usual on this bread), it just looks bigger like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Yeah nah that's a shitload of butter, the amount of butter my Opa used to put on his schinkenbrot. It's good but probably considered 'abnormal' for my generation in Australia/USA.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to butter and fats in cooking I'll admit, less sugar, more fat.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

His Divine Shadow posted:

Here's a finnish sandwich, a bit different from your regular american sandwich. Way simpler, bread, butter, meat, and a glass of milk to go with. And while it seems to me that in america a bread is just something light and fluffy to hold the meat and other stuffing, the main part of this sandwich is the bread. 100% rye, dense, chewy, heavy, the meat and butter is just accents to the bread itself. My SO complains it hurts your jaw after a while of chewing. Doesn't look like much but it'll keep me going for hours.

Sometimes if I want to see if somebody is on the same wavelength as me, I'll ask them what the most important part of a sandwich is. And if they say "the bread," the only correct answer, I'll know they can be trusted.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

exquisite tea posted:

Sometimes if I want to see if somebody is on the same wavelength as me, I'll ask them what the most important part of a sandwich is. And if they say "the bread," the only correct answer, I'll know they can be trusted.

I think you mean "the miracle whip"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

exquisite tea posted:

Same with pizza.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

I think you mean "the miracle whip"

Same with pizza.

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Smoked tri tip from Willow Market in Menlo Park. One of the best smoke rings in California. They just started doing pulled pork and hot links, too. I've gotta post one of my Reubens with homemade pickled onions, sauerkraut, and bread soon.

OMG I used to go there in high school/college (I left the bay area in '09). That place is awesome and it's so good to hear they are still going!! Looks like they have added to their menu ,that thing looks perfect.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

wontondestruction posted:

OMG I used to go there in high school/college (I left the bay area in '09). That place is awesome and it's so good to hear they are still going!! Looks like they have added to their menu ,that thing looks perfect.

They have three smokers going 24/7 now. And Macallan actually prints labels with "Willow Market" on their really fancy whiskey just for them. I'd say they're doing really well.

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

They have three smokers going 24/7 now. And Macallan actually prints labels with "Willow Market" on their really fancy whiskey just for them. I'd say they're doing really well.

Holy crap!! Well I know where I'm going next time I visit!! That's awesome.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Breakfast sandwich is sandwich:

egg, aged cheddar, homemade 'nduja, homemade roll

YojimboMonkey
Mar 24, 2004

In the savage world of Skartaris, life is a constant struggle for survival. Here, beneath an unblinking orb of eternal sunlight, one simple law p

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Breakfast sandwich is sandwich:

egg, aged cheddar, homemade 'nduja, homemade roll

nduja and egg sounds amazing

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The best sandwich is all the sandwiches. I'd kill your mother for a good Three Kings on rye right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'd normally use wholemeal bread, but the bakery near my house always runs out of that really early so I had to get white instead. Still pretty great.

• Locked thread