Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't have a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i don't have a butthole

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
that sounds like a serious medical condition

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I DONT EVEN HAVE A PHO-

wait

Silver Alicorn posted:

I don't have a phone.

poo poo!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my buddy in AR still only has a landline and has the same first name as his dad so i have to ask for X junior its hilarious

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

my buddy in AR still only has a landline and has the same first name as his dad so i have to ask for X junior its hilarious

Jr supremacy

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

only phonecalls I get are my boss, and random recruiters asking if we're hiring

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
suggest some hold music
anything goes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you favorite racist CB radio channels

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cb's dead now. not even the truckers use it. waze and sat radio are the thing now

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Jonny 290 posted:

suggest some hold music
anything goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkNNDuAb9A

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if you used it for data would the fcc come by and crush your balls or do they not give any fucks about cb?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Shaggar posted:

if you used it for data would the fcc come by and crush your balls or do they not give any fucks about cb?
fcc doesn't care about cb unless you get a c&d for whatever reason

https://www.fcc.gov/general/citizens-band-cb-service

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

if you're running legal power you could broadcast slow-scan goatse all day and the FCC would still chase down the thousands of illegal dudes running big amps and splattering all over the spectrum first
it has pretty lovely range and gets eaten up by atmospheric noise though. much more fun to run data through FRS radios.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Heres a phone revelation i just had: ive got google voice on my work gmail right, on the work domain. anyways. ive only used it as a tree number (for james press 6) on the pbx kuz im too cheap to buy myself a real extension and a real phone. anyways. get this. i thot i coujldnt make outbound calls from it kuz the fail caller ID. BUT! BUT! I put simultaneous ring on anotehr extension and my google voice. i can log into it and use the vonage cloud click2call and ring it - but get this - the click2call rings my google voice also. now i can make outbound calls with my office callerid from anywhere i can log into my work gmail. amazing. amazing!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
and this hosed up setup sounds a million times better call qality that fucktarded ZOIPER which is bull poo poo in linux (works p deece in windors)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

As a Millennial I posted:

i also don't know my voicemail password

same, mine probably has like 1000 messages on it of people saying "call me back plz" and i never will

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
We use Facebook At Work now. It's like a separate Facebook with a separate app and Messenger app. Facebook also gave us all this promo poo poo including magnets gum and cookies.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Basically I get paid to go on Facebook

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my desk phone forwards to my skype which i usually forget to open

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
skypes gross use a sip phone and x-lite like a fuckin beardlord

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
isn't there a hipchat/slack-like that is open source and can be run on your own servers by now?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
jabber's pretty close to that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

skypes gross use a sip phone and x-lite like a fuckin beardlord

x-lite is p deece but i prefer zoiper

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Jonny 290 posted:

jabber's pretty close to that

yeah we use jabber/xmpp

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
another call

NO im not interested in your mortgage servicing conmference

really don't want to play the rear end in a top hat ans start swearing at the min-wage Filipina chick reading the script on the other end off the line but

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

buttcrackmenace posted:

another call

NO im not interested in your mortgage servicing conmference

really don't want to play the rear end in a top hat ans start swearing at the min-wage Filipina chick reading the script on the other end off the line but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I don't even have direct line of sight to my phone but it's usually blinking angrily about something or another

it's shuffled behind monitors and a bunch of crappy mice I don't use but still have

• Locked thread