Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

whats the deal with someone getting a 10 min misconduct but there not being any associated PP? what's the rationale there

to keep them from starting poo poo. you use it to get people who are gonna get chippy or start fights or take runs out of the game when they start before they/the game gets out of hand.

I wish they'd do it more often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Well I think most teams would take the goal instead of calling the play dead and getting a penalty shot
Yes, I agree. So like you said, why not foul? And my response is that there should be some form of additional penalty though I do not know what it is. Take basketball: a foul gets you two shots. A foul during that goes in gets you an additional shot.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

whats the deal with someone getting a 10 min misconduct but there not being any associated PP? what's the rationale there

Just the standard "throw a theoretical potential thug out of the game under any pretense possible as soon as the game is out of hand" thing NHL refs do

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

the penguins are doing such a good job boxing out, which is something they've been bad at all season and it's nice seeing them do it.

also trevor daley owns and thank you hawks for that trade <3333

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
That was very silly Yandle

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Jovial Cow posted:

That was very silly Yandle

yeah for as good as he's been that was really dumb and unnecessary to do at this point in the game

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
That was actually a really great save by Lundqvist that was labeled

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Hahah jesus christ rangers

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
gently caress you Rangers what the gently caress sort of last minute of the power play was that.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
rangers played a real good game for the most part and then shat themselves in the last 3 minutes but oh well

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Jesus they didn't exactly close the door on that one did they?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

nice to see the pens not letting off the gas late in the game too

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's a bit sad how important Cammalleri is to this team

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Look Around You posted:

Yea. Since that last Sid goal the 2nd/3rd/4th line have done a good job of cycling and still creating some nice chances.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ugh the I'm loving it joke...said with such gusto

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Look Around You posted:

A ton of people playing to keep their spot in the NHL will do that I guess. Sindqvist kicked rear end there

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ive gotta say, the pens forward depth does not look good on paper at all, but i've been really impressed with how rust and kuhnhackl in particularly have played

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

can anybody here confirm that the lightning pulled their goalie with 8 minutes remaining

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Wait, didn't someone on Det score? Was it waved off? It's a 0-0 game but I'm certain I saw a goal earlier in the game.

I guess you can tell how much I'm paying attention right now.

e: Oh now it says 2-0 so I guess the score was just messed up?

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 9, 2016

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Wait, didn't someone on Det score? Was it waved off? It's a 0-0 game but I'm certain I saw a goal earlier in the game.

I guess you can tell how much I'm paying attention right now.

Datsyuk just scored a 2nd goal for Detroit.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Datsyuk just scored a 2nd goal for Detroit.

Yep, they just fixed the score

thx :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Not a problem Marty :)

That was a real nice goal. Zets to Dats.

• Locked thread