Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

##vote
1 C;D;B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

##vote
1. B

That's mad creepy.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
##vote
1. A, B

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

oh Jesus that's some nightmare fuel, but it'll set up great conflict later

##vote
1.B

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
##vote
1.C

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

meteloides posted:

oh Jesus that's some nightmare fuel, but it'll set up great conflict later
Also, it makes the villagers seem more like reasonable people rather than superstitious hillbillies.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

##Vote
1. B;C

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

##vote
1. C;B

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Hey all, quick update. I still plan on continuing this story (I have some great ideas for where to take the story based on your responses), but right now I'm finishing up my last semester of university and preparing for a Kickstarter campaign that I'm running this summer (more info on that later), so I'm super-busy and unable to sit down to write more of Sangreal. I hope you've enjoyed what I've written so far, and will stay tuned when I return to the forums (likely in mid-May 2016).

Thank you for reading and voting up to this point! I'm excited to see what happens next!

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Winner: B, with a bit of C for good measure!

Back To Walking

"I... see."

The words rolled off your tongue slowly. Clearly there was more to this story than the old man was letting on, but it had been a very long morning, and your broken bag was not doing you any favors. As you gathered yourself to follow this stiff-jointed farmer towards the Magistrate's, you mused in your own head about superstitions. Superstitions that would lead a mercenary to believe in magical shadowmen so hard that he would try to burn down a lovely little town such as this one? Please.

A. Of course he's exaggerating. The farmer must be trying to make this sleepy town more enticing so you'll stay and spend money. Or, at the least, talk to him more.
B. Of course this isn't the full story. These Green Knights of Trill are so enamored with their leader they'll say whatever she wants them to, even if it's foolish talk of magic and demons.
C. Maybe there's something to it, but until you see proof of it, it really doesn't affect you much. Lots to do anyways.
D. Maybe there is something to it. After all, there were some strange things at the Academy that even you never were able to learn the true nature of...

These thoughts filled your head as heavily as the books in your arms weighed you down.

~

And we're back! Sorry for the delay.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

##vote
1. B;D

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
##vote
1. C

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

##vote

1. B;C

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
##vote
1. D

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

##vote
1. D;A

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 20, 2016

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
##vote
1. C

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

##vote
1. C; B

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Winner: C

The Three Horsemen

Not much to be done about it, though. The sun was beginning to dip in the sky, and your journey had tired you. Best to focus on the needs of the present, as you always said.

The present, however, was proving to be almost as exciting as talk of delusional mercenaries and shadows.

From off in the distance, you heard the distinctive clattering of horseshoes on cobblestones, rapidly approaching you from the direction you were traveling towards. As you watched, three people, hair bundled under low-browed helmets that sheathed their faces in darkness, and torsos covered in stiff leather doublets, rode up and moved to encircle you on their horses. Each carried a short spear and wore middling sized round shields on their left arms.

A. Bandits! Brigands! Run for it!
B. Bandits! Brigands! Drop your books, draw your blade and defend this old farmer!
C. Royal Guardsmen! Clearly they noticed your loose books and are here to help!
D. Royal Guardsmen! Clearly they noticed your loose books and are going to try to extort you for money!

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 20, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
the first c

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

##vote
1. D

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 21, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Second C. Everyone knows the royal guards are extortionists.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

second c. never trust cops.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
##vote
1. C

I tried to come up with some sort of clever ACAB reference but it just didn't fit. :(

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Puppies are dicks posted:

##vote
1. C

I tried to come up with some sort of clever ACAB reference but it just didn't fit. :(

Also was my FB pic for a while :v:

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

LowellDND posted:

Also was my FB pic for a while :v:

Ah, the good ol' days... Also, updated the post with a D instead of two C's. Sorry about the typo. Continue voting, as you were!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

C - nice royal guards?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

##vote

1.C

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY