Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I remember the big drama that happened when I jumped from one e-fed CCW to the competing e-fed WCW Total War. That was some good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I have noticed that more feds have a card every two weeks these days and not weekly to fight fatigue.

Still, Im not interested.

At all.

Ahem.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Did it have a guy named Justin Sane?

Who'm I kidding, EVERY e-fed had a guy named Justin Sane

From my neighborhood indie's website....

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's not a pun. He's a guy named Justin who happens to be very mentally sound.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm currently in an e-fed.
:negative:

It's only open to invited readers for some reason or else I'd post a link. I'll look into it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

oldskool posted:

I'm currently in an e-fed.
:negative:

It's only open to invited readers for some reason or else I'd post a link. I'll look into it.

Eagerly awaiting the details. Can't wait to see what efeds are like so far into the modern web era.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The Bee posted:

Eagerly awaiting the details. Can't wait to see what efeds are like so far into the modern web era.

Still waiting on the leader's reply, but basically the Thursday night show is promos only, written by us, the wrestlers, and on Sundays the head honcho puts up the weekly matches.

Everybody's roleplaying an actual wrestler, albeit in different scenarios that may or may not have ever occurred. The next big event features Bobby Heenan managing the British Bulldogs against the tag team champions of Bret Hart and Nick Bockwinkel, for example, while the main event is a remix of Wrestlemania V with champion Hulk Hogan (now managed by Elizabeth) defending against an increasingly crazy Randy Savage. Ted DiBiase has aligned with Jerry Lawler (alongside Virgil and Jimmy Hart, respectively) to create Money & Majesty to fill the heel stable gap recently created when the super-heel squadron of Mr. Perfect, Vader (with Harley Race) and Jake Roberts (alongside Sensational Sherri) imploded.

The fact that it's based around real people was the allure for me, personally. Nobody's super weird about their characters since there's no self-insertion and some of them are downright eerie in how authentically their promos are written, thanks to having literal years of source data to watch for inspiration.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Gran Akuma is an e-fedder and used to have an active account on the Fire Pro Club. I always found that hilarious.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
You ain't poo poo unless you worked an official WRESTLEZONE efed.

Any way I really want to play that table top wrestling game now.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

oldskool posted:

Still waiting on the leader's reply, but basically the Thursday night show is promos only, written by us, the wrestlers, and on Sundays the head honcho puts up the weekly matches.

Everybody's roleplaying an actual wrestler, albeit in different scenarios that may or may not have ever occurred. The next big event features Bobby Heenan managing the British Bulldogs against the tag team champions of Bret Hart and Nick Bockwinkel, for example, while the main event is a remix of Wrestlemania V with champion Hulk Hogan (now managed by Elizabeth) defending against an increasingly crazy Randy Savage. Ted DiBiase has aligned with Jerry Lawler (alongside Virgil and Jimmy Hart, respectively) to create Money & Majesty to fill the heel stable gap recently created when the super-heel squadron of Mr. Perfect, Vader (with Harley Race) and Jake Roberts (alongside Sensational Sherri) imploded.

The fact that it's based around real people was the allure for me, personally. Nobody's super weird about their characters since there's no self-insertion and some of them are downright eerie in how authentically their promos are written, thanks to having literal years of source data to watch for inspiration.

Sounds like an oldschool forums RPG/Collective Fanfic. Which owns.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
There was that thing we did in that wrestling web game a bunch of years back. That got off the rails pretty quickly.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

oldskool posted:

That reminds me of a fed I joined where I piloted the Necro Butcher to be a top contender for the world title. That was a funny time. Those feds are enjoyable, but do people get weird about allowing present-day folk in against the classic wrestlers? What if someone wanted to play the Young Bucks and superkick Lawler for a few hours?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Armitage posted:

There was that thing we did in that wrestling web game a bunch of years back. That got off the rails pretty quickly.

Didn't that involve alot of trivial pursuit playing angles

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Michael Cole discovers a skeleton.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

britishbornandbread posted:

drat, RoughKut is gone. My 20s are disappearing with every passing day.

Christ. I vaguely knew one of the guys from that, probably through a WebTV chatroom, and wound up with my actual name listed as one of their example wrestler names. Nice to think that I may have been rock bottoming people in strange corners of the internet for years. Plus, I know at least one goon was in GCW with me. Ran into him playing GTA Online awhile back.

Stuck around the hobby way too long, and wrote far too much doing it. By the time I got out, 2007 or so, I don't think anyone involved actually watched wrestling; I didn't, though I'd buy a game now and then; UFC dominated the conversation. Everyone was definitely slacking by then. Cards were never up on time, and we accepted the slipped schedule a little more each time it happened. poo poo, we may have gotten down to a show a month. I think the fed I was in for my last run survived for a few months after the owner abandoned it with the usual internet disappearing act. It was mostly a social forum by then, and I was long gone from the fedding before he went ghost.

Good times. I still remember crashing at a friend's place and drunkenly checking the website to find out that I hadn't won the world title. Weird to think back on nerdy poo poo like that, or exactly how long the bullshit I was writing became before I got out. Not that I was the only person in the world doing that particular garbage.

Anyways, that's my story, burn & salt the earth, thank you for listening

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Croc posted:

I don't remember those but if I remember correctly the arena got blown up on the last show.

The pubbies hated us in that game too.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Time's almost out to back the WWWRPG expansion.
Twelve hours!
Including skins for playing El Santo, John Cena, Ken Shamrock, and Daniel Bryan at his Indiest.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

The Croc posted:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Playing WWWRPG with non-wrestling fans is weird.

The main event was determined with magical laser lights and the power of anime.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

So you guys roleplayed New Japan?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

KungFu Grip posted:

So you guys roleplayed New Japan?

Nah. Sounds more like they roleplayed HUSTLE.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I played a round of WWWRPG at a con. Made me go into the dealer's room and buy a copy. Educational and informative!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Nessus posted:

I played a round of WWWRPG at a con. Made me go into the dealer's room and buy a copy. Educational and informative!

What happened that was so good?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Golden Bee posted:

This was definitely the dynamic the one time I playtested WWWRPG, with different people at the table being fans, lapsed fans, casual fans, or not fans at all. It resulted in a main event where I was playing Okada (circa the start of his Rainmaker face turn) and challenging for the Intercontinental Title against a Yokozuna-like heel that was just named Shogun and who had an army of ninjas that tried to interfere in the match by killing me with poison blow darts

EDIT: To his credit, the GM did a decent job of reconciling the wild tonal differences by framing said main event as a changing of the guard from broad old-school foreign heel gimmicks to this modern cocky Japanese mega-face

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Zack and Steve play WWWMEE

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Golden Bee posted:

What happened that was so good?
The guy's gimmick for the table was that it was like space wrestling, in case he got a bunch of noobs who only knew wrestling from cultural osmosis. Of course instead he got me and a couple of pretty savvy friends plus some other people who knew what was up. We threw together characters and then did some promos and a big slobberknocker main event - it was more or less a glorified product demo, it was just one that worked!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Whaaaaat I had no idea wtfdnd had continued off-site what what the hell. This is great omg there's so much here. :woop:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

poo poo, I never remembered to post the e-fed I'm in.

You have to email bundelson@gmail.com to get access to it, but the site is theuwa.blogspot.com & the next PPV is going up in about fifteen minutes.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Push Quetzalclothesline forever.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

oldskool posted:

poo poo, I never remembered to post the e-fed I'm in.

You have to email bundelson@gmail.com to get access to it, but the site is theuwa.blogspot.com & the next PPV is going up in about fifteen minutes.

Double post and all, but its kind of weird to consider joining this efed without being able to read anything of it until after you join it...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i swear i was in some online e-fed wrestling type browser game thing in like 2007-2008 with people from SA and ended up being a booker/writer on it but then booked everything to not be wrestling at all and instead basically Scooby Doo and Monster Truck Rallies which pissed off everyone, I think

my wrestler was named "A Malfunctioning 1950s Robot"

good times.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Heres my old Efed character. I was basically totally indie Rey Mysterio

http://s7.zetaboards.com/UWE/topic/1093711/1/

(Picture there was Lince Dorado)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

MotU posted:

i swear i was in some online e-fed wrestling type browser game thing in like 2007-2008 with people from SA and ended up being a booker/writer on it but then booked everything to not be wrestling at all and instead basically Scooby Doo and Monster Truck Rallies which pissed off everyone, I think

good times.

Yeah I was in that one as BONE SLAMMER, the typical GBS Ron Paul supportin', baconator eatin', misogynistic goon who was not allowed out of his mothers basement. He had to don a mask so she would never find out. He had AAAAAHHHTHEBODYSLAM!!! as his finisher.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Armitage posted:

Yeah I was in that one as BONE SLAMMER, the typical GBS Ron Paul supportin', baconator eatin', misogynistic goon who was not allowed out of his mothers basement. He had to don a mask so she would never find out. He had AAAAAHHHTHEBODYSLAM!!! as his finisher.

all i know is i never won a match b/c as a malfunctioning 1950s robot, all my moves inflicted massive damage to myself

also I think the 3rd 'season' or w/e involved 4 on 4 tag matches vs ghosts w/ AM1950sR functioning as the containment unit

MotU fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 2, 2016

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Just wanted to bump this thread and announce International Incident is 90%+ shipped and on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

MotU posted:

good times.

So, did you write the newest Scooby Doo movie? Because wrestlers inexplicably racing monster trucks while Scooby-Doo tag teams with the Undertaker sounds exactly like what you're describing.

• Locked thread