Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funayama City. A city where anything can happen. Including an attempted robbery by a superpowered individual.

A young man rushes through the back alleys of Funayama before stopping to catch his breath.

"poo poo...think I lost them..."

Them being you, and you not being lost at all. Wherever you happen to be, you hear the voice of your boss, Dameon Alexander, in your heads. When you have telepathy, you save a lot of monet on walkie talkies.

"Alright, investigators., status report. Have you caught up to him?"

Where are you? What are you doing right now? Have you in fact caught up to this roustabout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Casey Heron

Just another punk who thinks he can hide from the law, just like any other day on the beat. If it wasn't for the weirdo task force I was on I woulda barely noticed I even got my transfer. That and the boss. I shudder when I hears him in my head. It'll take a more getting used to having it directly beamed into my head. Nothing like an ear piece.

"Yeah I'm about to pile on the dumb lug. Doug gave me the ol' fast ball special up on a fire escape sos I flanked the punk overhead. He should be keeping up with the others." I just says it out loud, not sure how else I'm supposed to do it.

I really hauled butt to get ahead for the ambush so I catch my breath overlooking the alley way. I'm perched on a window sill, not too high to hurt myself but I should be above where he's looking. It's the perfect trap. I am one hundred percent ready to yell something clever and leap onto that idiot the second he shows his face.

quote:

Abilities
Agile 2
Art of Invisibility 3
Companion 3 (Doug Turgnst, Unflappable Detective)
Connected 1 (Prosecutor Ashford, swears he'll indite Casey if her showboating costs him a case)
Gear 2
Heightened Sense (hearing) 1
Evasive 2
Intuitive 2
Lucky 1
Cute! 2

Weaknesses
Ageism 2
Awkward Size 2
Code of Conduct 1
Easily Distracted 1
Impulsive 1
Infamous 1
Lecherous 1
Overconfident 1
Poor 1
Rude 1
Short tempered 2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Shirona Mitsurugi

"Uh, I think I'm ahead of him now actually..." Shirona whispers, poking her head around the corner of the alley. She's still not used to this whole telepathy thing. It feels go reply out loud, but it also feels weird to just think her response. Whispering seems like a reasonable middle ground.

Not seeing the man they're chasing, she glances up to spot Casey. She gives the small detective a cheerful wave. "If everyone keeps chasing him this way, Casey and I can get him for sure!"

Shirona adopts a fighting stance, one hand on her sword hilt, read to leap around the corner and confront the fugitive.

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Shirona Mitsurugi
Concept: Fastest Sword in Funayama
Birthday: January 3
Blood Type: B
Association: Funayama Investigators, Furedendo Senior High School Kendo Club & Student Council, Mitsurugi Dojo
Hobbies: Kenjutsu & Kendo, Manga, Cooking
Fave Food: Pastries
Enemies: Ryou Caliburn, the Red Knight

Abilities [21]
Agile +3
Attack +2
Beautiful +1
Combat Expertise +2
Connected +1
Intuitive +3
Iron-Willed +1
Quick +4
Smart +1
Teleport +3

Weaknesses [-16]
Code of Conduct -1
Guardian -1 [Hikaru Mitsurugi, Shirona's mother]
Impulsive -1
Jittery -1
Kind-Hearted -2
Love Magnet -2
Restricted Freedom [High School] -1
Rival -3 [Ryou Caliburn]
Soft-Spot -1 [Pastries]
Stubborn -2
Unlucky -1

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Lee Su-Won

"Lee Su-Won, Code Five~!", comes the police officer's thoughts, before remembering she isn't on a radio, much less a police-appointed one. "Er. I mean, ah- sound out! Um. I'm on route to the perp, ahhh... 20-30 seconds behind!" Wait, does she have vocal pauses in her head? "I'm going to catch him in this alley and he'll be sorry for making me run all over this city and- wait crap I'm thinking out loud again, sorry!" Seeing the figure slip around the corner, she keeps at her run, putting on the speed as she tries to get into clear shouting distance.

pre:
LEE SU-WON | 이수원

VITALS						ABILITIES			WEAKNESSES

Concept: The Hypno-Fuzz				Attack +3			Focus: Uniform -1
Birthday: December 25th				Beautiful +2			Hatred: Injustice -2
Height: 160cm (5’3”)				Iron-Willed +4			Obsession: Mysteries -2
Weight: 55kg (121 lbs.)				Knowledge: Criminals +2		Overconfident -2
Hair: Brown					Passion: Law Enforcement +3	Poor -1
Eyes: Blue					Psychic +2			Restricted Freedom: Police Cadet -2
Blood Type: A					Quick +3			Unique Weakness: Psychic Drain -2
Association: Funayama Police Department		Resistance: Psychic Powers +2 	Unique Weakness: Psychic Suggestion -2
Hobbies: Cycling, Paranormal Investigation					Short-Tempered -1
Fave Food: Bánh Mì								Stubborn -2
Allies: Funayama Investigations
Enemies: Criminals				Total: 25			Total: 20

quote:

Telepathic Mono-Ideodynamic Hypnotics: Su-Won's Charismatic is based on her psychic powers, as her Uniform serves as a Focus. It doesn't necessarily require a police uniform, but it requires something sufficiently formal, like a uniform or dress. The impression Charismatic gives is "flavored" by her dress; a police uniform gives authority, a dress might provide glamour, but a sweatsuit won't provide much of anything. Her Psychic powers require verbal (or less often, other sensory) cues, essentially a Psychic Suggestion - reading minds requires something like "What's on your mind?" or "Do you remember anything about...", which forces the appropriate verbal response. Similarly, performing suggestions or control requires her to communicate them to the target. Lastly, her Psychic Drain works like Endurance Use, but graduated. So using Psychic to read surface thoughts costs no Endurance, but each increase in difficulty increases the Endurance cost by 5. So reading suppressed memories would cost 10 Endurance, and controlling a mind would cost 20 Endurance, for example.
pre:
DEFENSE 5		HEALTH 40		ENDURANCE 40		TV 13

POLICE GEAR

ATTACK			ROLL	DX	END

Rubber Bullets, 9mm	5	4	0
Effective, Ranged, Stunning; Ammunition: 5 shots, Low Penetration, Weapon
Su-Won levels her sidearm and takes a quick series of less-lethal shots.

Cuff ‘Em		7	0	0
Accurate 2, Effective 3, Paralyzing; No Damage, Ammunition: 3 shots, Weapon
In close, Su-Won slaps on the cuffs with alacrity, binding a foe’s arms.

Shock Baton		5	3	0
Armor-Piercing, Fatiguing, Reach; Ammunition: 5 shots, Weapon
Su-Won jabs with the baton, tazing. That’s a real verb.

Pepper Spray		4	0	0
Blinding, Impairing, Overwhelming; No Damage; Ammunition: 3 shots, Cancel: Mindless, Inaccurate, Weapon
While oleoresin capsicum doesn’t literally burn, the difference is academic when it's on you.

TELEPATHIC MONO-IDEODYNAMIC HYPNOTICS

ATTACK			ROLL	DX	END

“Hands in the Air!”	6	0	5
Affinity: Psychic, Disarming, No Gesture, Paralyzing, Ranged, Strike Through, Will Attack; Cancel: Mindless, No Damage
Calling out with psychic force, Su-Won forces the target to put their hands in the sky.

“Freeze!”		6	0	10
Affinity: Psychic, Overwhelming, No Gesture, Paralyzing, Ranged, Strike Through, Will Attack, Cancel: Mindless, No Damage
A powerful psychic lockdown keeps a target in place.

“Get Down!”		6	0	15
Affinity: Psychic, Multiple Targets 2, No Gesture, Paralyzing, Ranged, Strike Through, Will Attack; Cancel: Mindless, No Damage
With force of will and voice, Su-Won forces several people to hit the floor.

“BANG!”			7	6	20
Accurate, Affinity: Psychic, Effective 3, No Gesture, Ranged, Strike Through, Will Attack; Cancel: Mindless, Feather Blow
A shout rings out like a shot, or at least makes somebody think they’ve been shot.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Leonardo

Leo ambles along the alleyway behind Ms. Suggestive Outfits, snickering at his own clever joke. At Dameon's broadcast, Leo's pace quickens a bit, and the lanky young man thinks back "Here providing backup to the gung-ho cop, in case this guy has a mobility power. BTW, have you seen the awesome GATO mural here behind Sycamore Lane? I love how he channels his passion for life into every sweep of the spray can" The sound that's transmitted next is an audible sigh. "I'd give anything to meet him one day..."

FewtureMD posted:

Name: Leonardo Pollock
Concept: Paper Powered Esper/Art Lover/Starving Artist
Birthday: July 16th
Blood Type: B
Association: Funayama Investigators, Bean Bean Cafe (Head Morning Barista)
Hobbies: Arts and Crafts, Looking Handsome, Fighting Bad Guys
Fave Food: Pudding
Enemies: Art Critics, His Landlord, Rainy Days, Nasty Espers

pre:
Abilities
Attack +2
Beautiful +2
Barrier +2
Charismatic +2
Connected: Art World +1
Dexterous +2
Origami Creations (Dimensional Pocket) +4
Evasive +2
Intuitive +2
Passion: Artwork +2
Perceptive +1
Quick +1
Total: 23

Weaknesses
Arrogant -1
Fussy  -1
Greedy -2
Impulsive -1
Love Magnet -1
Obsession: Fine Art -2
Overconfident -1
Soft Spot: Sweets -1
Quirk: Origami -1
Unique Weakness: Paper Control Only -3
Vulnerability: Fire  -3
Vulnerability: Water -2
Total: -19

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Daphne

Daphne, for her part, is having an iced coffee in a small cafe near an alley entrance.

"I'm camped out at the easiest place to go to ground. You guys keep up the good chase - I've got his 'safe haven' under surveillence." She doesn't do tackling, and most of her running is away, not after.

"By my map, you've only left him one route out - and that's the one you'll all be getting him on. I have your coffee orders in for after. If he does make it out, though, he thinks I'm on his side and can get him out. I have your backs."

quote:

Abilities
Agile +2
Art of Invisibility +2
Beautiful +2
Charismatic +3
Connected +2
Dexterous +3
Evasive +1
Lucky +1
Perceptive +2
Quick +1
Shape Shifter +4
Smart +1
Wealthy +1

Weaknesses
Arrogant +2
Code of Conduct: Only Steal From Criminals +1
Coward +1
Fussy +1
Greedy +2
Impulsive +2
Infamous: Former Con Artist +1
Overconfident +2
Pacifist +1
Restricted Freedom: Former Criminal +2
Rival: Phantom Thief Hundred Faces +2
Stubborn +1
Wanted: Old Victims +2
Weak +1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The man pauses, realizing he's surrounded. He holds up two fingerguns at each side, shooting off streams of compressed air from his fingers that whiz by at the speed of a bullet.

"Back off! I know about you guys! Just let me go and no one gets hurt!"

It seems like violence is the only answer people understand anymore.

"Try not to rough him up too much. We are enforcers of peace after all," Dameon reminds in your heads.

It looks like he's not going down without a fight! What are you gonna do about this now? Not gonna bother with initiative for now, first come first serve.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Lee Su-Won

As she comes the corner, Su-Won freezes as the finger is pointed at her, and ducks back behind the corner to avoid the... air gun? A bit less threatening when you think of it that way, but best not to find out what he can do first-hand. Pulling up her pistol, she takes a breath, and then swings around the corner to level it at the man. "All right, *hold it*!", she calls out, trying to stun him long enough to get him dead to rights. Well. Unconscious to rights? Doesn't have the same ring to it, but it's not like they give her deadly ammunition - nor would she want any.

Using "Freeze!" to try and paralyze him; a total of 12 against his Iron-Willed or equiv. Naturally, with these sorts of attacks she'll be denying any attempt to do damage due to their nature and just going for the Paralysis.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Shirona Mitsurugi

Shirona starts towards the perp, but ducks back behind the corner when she realizes Lee is opening fire. Once she takes her shot, though, Shirona appears right next to the man, sword in hand, without apparently bothering with the intervening space. This particular blade is dull, for non-lethal take downs, but if things get hairy she has the real deal on hand.

If Lee doesn't get him, she'll take the next shot. Otherwise, it'll just be putting a zip tie around his wrists.

Pre-rolling this attack just in case. Dull Blade (Perks: Accurate x2, Defensive, Stunning. Flaws: No Damage, Weapon). Stuns if I hit, gives me +1 defense regardless.

Got a 10 if needed.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Casey Heron

Well I was ready to jump on the punk and take him down but I'm no so keen on flying into the line of fire with the thrown down getting ready. And I can't just shoot him with standing orders. So I climb down to his level real subtle like so I can spring on him as soon as there's an opening. With my cuffs ready it'll be real easy and that way wees only need to get one good hit in instead of having to pound the crap outta him.

Sneaking with the art of invisibility to set up in an ambush spot with a pair of handcuffs 12

• Locked thread