Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how do you sort friends by list? anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

how do you sort friends by list? anyone?

click on friends

boom, sorted list of your fb friends

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dislike button posted:

click on friends

boom, sorted list of your fb friends

how do u sort by custom list? i have ppl in custom lists.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Data science knows of no possible way to sort lists, sorry.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
all people are created equal in the eyes of the lord

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dislike button posted:

all people are created equal in the eyes of the lord

PBUZuckerberg

b h m
Feb 13, 2016

everyone knows there are only 4 human emotions, why does facebook insist on 6 emoticons to choose from...

pram
Jun 10, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

Data science knows of no possible way to sort lists, sorry.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I hearted the new profile photo of a friend. peace

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Smythe posted:

how do u sort by custom list? i have ppl in custom lists.

map reduce

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
theyre gone now. i miss em

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

type "John Smith in Austin" or "John Smith from Austin" ffs stop trying to make it more complicated than it needs to be. they have a thousand of the best rejects from Google doing semantic search so that you don't have to fiddle with knobs and controls.

and they have zero links, hints or instructions on how to use this semantic search anywhere in or around the primary interface for searching, I think they did some kind of overlay when they first launched it but nobody reads those on purpose then when you do get to your thing only "top posts" actually retrieves stuff from your timeline and if you hit any of the other tabs on the results page you get random all caps spam from strangers

they made a base assumption that people would magically get it and they were so proud of it they assumed it didn't need to be discoverable

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Friends list: How to sort by List?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

b h m posted:

everyone knows there are only 4 human emotions, why does facebook insist on 6 emoticons to choose from...

horny, hornier, horniest, schadenfreude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Use case: I have 2 lists of friends.

1) "bad word ppl"
2) Everyone else

How do I sort by "bad word ppl" or "friends" so I can determine if I've got everyone in the right place?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

you have no friends smythe, stop fronting

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

type "John Smith in Austin" or "John Smith from Austin" ffs stop trying to make it more complicated than it needs to be. they have a thousand of the best rejects from Google doing semantic search so that you don't have to fiddle with knobs and controls.

I've been trying this and it doesn't work. maybe some weird Firefox extension is loving it up but if I type in "John Smith from Austin" I get one result; unless there is really only one person living there with that name

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 6, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I've been trying this and it doesn't work. maybe some weird Firefox extension is loving it up but if I type in "John Smith from Austin" I get one result; unless there is really only one person living there with that name

i'm also only getting one guy, and he's not even from austin, he just went to a university with "austin" in the name

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

or the guy you are searching for is private

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
http://search.fb.com/

I hit the like button and submitted a comment on how I really enjoyed being able to connect to the Facebook Search brand like this, but the comment didn't show up anywhere or to my friends. I think it's fake.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

:cawg:

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
I went to a tech talk thing at Facebook Boston the other day. they were showing off graphql which is they use instead of regular REST.

anyway one of the things they showed is how they could notify you when one of your friends started to write a comment on one of your stories. even the presenter commented that it was kind of creepy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

i'm also only getting one guy, and he's not even from austin, he just went to a university with "austin" in the name

Yeah glad it's not just me. Facebook's search is terrible, and not just because I am used to "beep boop" entries (which I am).

I did the same thing with Brooklyn. There's no way there's two John Smiths in Brooklyn. There's probably a thousand+.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
smythe please probe this dude defending search made for nontechnical women and children, its haram in the pos

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i think fb search is us only at the moment

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

Its good for look at pics of hot girls. (GRILLS)
lol why bother when i can search "remy lacroix tumblr" or /r/RemyLaCroix and get all that i need

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
the buttons are back jfc facebook make up your mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
p. sure they were never gone

• Locked thread