Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

quote:

has not filed with the FEC as a protest, claiming it lacks constitutional authority

:laugh:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Totalitarian Democracy Dot Com

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

uhh that's not... how ice cream... works...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The keywords keep going off the page :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The actual gay agenda is jerking off our massive ~freedom bonersdesires~

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The takeaway here is that Libertarianism apparently correlates with mental illness

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Wheeee posted:

The takeaway here is that Libertarianism apparently correlates with mental illness

It's the anime mental illness

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

You'd think third parties would have a great opportunity to make an impact this year, with a center-right political scion running for the Democrats and a conservative apostate with the GOP

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ForSale.com

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
mard allan feldman needs to shave his head and get his rear end to six flags, pronto.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I hope every single goon already knows but in case you didn't John McAffee had what was probably a bath salts fuelled public meltdown on the internet as he was being hunted down by a central american government for drug manufacture.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Also didn't he probably kill his Belizean neighbor

These candidates run an amazing gauntlet of "featureless corporate cog" to "Boss from Office Space" to "unstable local weirdo"

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

hemophilia posted:

I hope every single goon already knows but in case you didn't John McAffee had what was probably a bath salts fuelled public meltdown on the internet as he was being hunted down by a central american government for drug manufacture.

didnt he kill a guy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sai posted:

didnt he kill a guy

Bath salts dude

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
Not enough love for Gary Johnson ITT. He's seems like a legitimately cool guy.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sai posted:

didnt he kill a guy

I wasn't even aware that he was let back into the US, I thought there was like a warrant out for his arrest.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ManDingo posted:

Not enough love for Gary Johnson ITT. He's seems like a legitimately cool guy.

He's basically just Your Dad

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gary Johnson posted:

Imagine the disgust of the Founding Fathers if they were to see the national government spying on citizens’ private communications, monitoring financial transactions, photographing license plates, and even demanding to know what a person is doing at a public library -- all without warrants or due process of law.

Luckily for Gary, we don't even have to imagine!

• spying on citizens' private communications - "From George Washington to Thomas Jefferson, the key members of the founding generation believed that intelligence operations were essential to the defense of the United States, including the 18th-century equivalent of today’s electronic eavesdropping — clandestine mail opening. Certainly none of the Founders spoke about a "right to privacy," nor did James Madison initiate the effort to amend the Constitution with what became known as a "Bill of Rights."" source

• monitoring financial transactions - "County courts in Virginia exercised what conservatives today would consider outrageous power over economic relationships and transactions. They could set the prices innkeepers could charge their customers -- that sort of thing. We might now recognize such powers as unwise or misguided, but Jefferson and Washington seem to have taken it for granted," source

• photographing license plates - "What sorcery is this which has captured a moment in time within a glowing rectangle? What is this odd shiny bulbous carriage with no horses?!" - Thomas Jefferson, probably

• know what a person was doing at a public library - The predecessor to the modern public library was a thing called a "social library" introduced to the US by Benjamin Franklin, where people would buy membership and share books. The idea was similar to and grew out of book clubs, so it's not like privacy was even a concern.

That's all I got, Gary Johnson is super boring and very forgettable and seems to have at least bought a wordpress theme for his website.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bonus:

Gary Johnson posted:

The Internet has literally changed the world, and has done so largely without interference from the government.

The internet is a gift from the all-knowing Hand of the Market and just sprang into existence in 1995, yep.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
I didn't realize the younger Koch brother was the Libertarian VP nominee in 1980 lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zohar posted:

I didn't realize the younger Koch brother was the Libertarian VP nominee in 1980 lol

nobody ever mentions he ran against Reagan

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

• spying on citizens' private communications - "From George Washington to Thomas Jefferson, the key members of the founding generation believed that intelligence operations were essential to the defense of the United States, including the 18th-century equivalent of today’s electronic eavesdropping — clandestine mail opening. Certainly none of the Founders spoke about a "right to privacy," nor did James Madison initiate the effort to amend the Constitution with what became known as a "Bill of Rights."" source

• monitoring financial transactions - "County courts in Virginia exercised what conservatives today would consider outrageous power over economic relationships and transactions. They could set the prices innkeepers could charge their customers -- that sort of thing. We might now recognize such powers as unwise or misguided, but Jefferson and Washington seem to have taken it for granted," source

these points and links owned, thanks

funny how a certain type of lazy ignorant person confuses being interested in history with being interested in yanking convenient facts out of context and reconfiguring them into a just so story for the purpose of winning current events arguments

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 06:46 on Feb 27, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

oystertoadfish posted:

funny how a certain type of lazy ignorant person confuses being interested in history with being interested in yanking convenient facts out of context and reconfiguring them into a just so story for the purpose of winning current events arguments

Today I drove past a redneck in a F-150 flying a Confederate flag right next to a Union flag. I don't even live in a part of the country that was part of the Confederacy. I wouldn't even call it cognizant dissidence because the thought of the USA and the CSA being enemies probably never crossed his mind.

History means absolutely nothing to some people.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oystertoadfish posted:

I'm pretty sure that like 90% of the right (or at least the far right)'s concept of the founding fathers was basically made up as propaganda during the cold war.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
There is only one candidate up there that looks remotely fuckable.

E:

I looked her up on the republican candidate thing and welp, shes put on some weight.

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Welp it's settled then...

TRUMP 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Microwaves Mom posted:

There is only one candidate up there that looks remotely fuckable.

E:

I looked her up on the republican candidate thing and welp, shes put on some weight.

Stupid loving statist I will consume all the transfats and xxl sodas I want. Big brother's nanny state can't stop me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

I'm kind of fascinated by the fate of Gary Johnson. I would have thought being a former governor would have opened up better opportunities than hopeless presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party.

He's not even in the same league as the other candidates:
-Author, Publisher, and Radio/TV host; Libertarian Activist
-Author and CEO
-Actor and Business Owner
-Former Governor of New Mexico
-Veteran and Spiritual Visionary
-Licensed Physician
-Lawyer and Engineer

Mu Cow has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Feb 28, 2016

• Locked thread