Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toenut
Apr 11, 2003

fourth and nine
That show was so much fun. Okada looked like he was having a great time. Dalton Castle was great. And the crowd just went insane for The Elite. TV taping tomorrow should be fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

P.S. Won $500 playing poker so add that onto this great night. I love Las Vegas.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MagicCube posted:

P.S. Won $500 playing poker so add that onto this great night. I love Las Vegas.

The Cube always wins

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Terrible show in the big picture to be honest. Elgin made a real smart promotional jump from ROH to New Japan.

The main event and the Bucks match ruled no doubt.

Agreed, midcarders in RoH losing to upper mid card types in NJPW has destroyed the promotion's credibility, and established them as pathetic losers in comparison

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So who does Lethal now feud with over the world title?

Elgin?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

So who does Lethal now feud with over the world title?

Elgin?

Others have said online now so I can't get in trouble. Adam Cole was going to win the title two weeks ago for sure.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
I thought this was a really fun show, even if the crowd was dead for lots of it. Looking forward, though, I feel like Lethal is out of credible challengers. Some of it is sort of on ROH's failure to elevate mid-carders. They've done a good job with Kyle O'Reilly, but there are a bunch of guys underneath (ACH, Cedric Alexander, Moose and Matt Sydal come to immediately mind) who could probably be PPV title challengers right now if they'd been given a bit of a push these past few months. Also, I was pretty into the Fish/Roddy feud, and I'm bummed it was preempted by Roddy dropping the belt to Ishii, a dude who has very good matches but whom I don't really personally connect with.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Young Pageviews posted:

I thought this was a really fun show, even if the crowd was dead for lots of it. Looking forward, though, I feel like Lethal is out of credible challengers. Some of it is sort of on ROH's failure to elevate mid-carders. They've done a good job with Kyle O'Reilly, but there are a bunch of guys underneath (ACH, Cedric Alexander, Moose and Matt Sydal come to immediately mind) who could probably be PPV title challengers right now if they'd been given a bit of a push these past few months. Also, I was pretty into the Fish/Roddy feud, and I'm bummed it was preempted by Roddy dropping the belt to Ishii, a dude who has very good matches but whom I don't really personally connect with.

Yeah, I kind feel the same way.

I forgot that Elgin wrestled him at Wrestle Kingdom 9, so dunno if that rematch is in the cards.

Lethal beat the Briscoes pretty decisively, beat Roddy, beat AJ, beat Fish decisively, beaten O'Reilly twice now, beaten Cole, beaten Elgin. He's not getting Nakamura, I don't see New Japan offering up Tanahashi or Okada or even Omega.

Trying to think of someone else they could slide in as a challenger before Global Wars.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Young Pageviews posted:

I thought this was a really fun show, even if the crowd was dead for lots of it. Looking forward, though, I feel like Lethal is out of credible challengers. Some of it is sort of on ROH's failure to elevate mid-carders.

Luckily ROH having their midcarders lose to NJPW guys has nothing to do with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

rovert posted:

Others have said online now so I can't get in trouble. Adam Cole was going to win the title two weeks ago for sure.

So why'd they get cold feet? Is it because of whatever personal issue made him pull out of the Honor Rising tour at the last minute?

• Locked thread