Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Good and Cool Slice of Life Shows
Flying Witch
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless
Bad Slice of Life Shows
Kumamiko
Bakuon
Slice of Life Shows I Can't Decide On
Sansha Sanyou
Anne-happy

Actually those are all ghood, and so was Highschool Boatgirls.

I'm glad nobody has mentioned that dumb perfect glasses guy show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

kater posted:

I like it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:same:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That is ok. This season had a crazy amount of stuff in it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in summer we can all watch and enjoy the better, gayer perfect boy show, Handa-kun

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

sakamoto is definitely in my top 3 animes this season

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

kater posted:

:same:

It really came off as the sort of thing that would be faster and more enjoyable (or less of a waste of time) to read.

I'm actually pretty impressed Flying Witch didn't give me that impression, even though I read most of it fairly recently. Probably because it feels like they were less keen on making a chapter half an episode, no exceptions.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I dropped Anne Happy, but this was a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKYm1Wfpytg

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kiznaiver is over

it was ok but it never really got back to being as good as the honoka-focused episodes. beyond that stuff the main plot was kinda bleh. luluco was the much stronger trigger show this season.

also they pretty much confirmed that honoka is gonna end up with yuta which bothers me a lot more than i thought it would a few weeks ago. i don't normally object to cute relationship stuff, but doing it with those two particular characters feels lame to me

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 25, 2016

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Luluco > Kiznaiver

But both are very much worth watching. I agree that Kiz peaks around eps 8-10. It ends well but not strongly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wouldn't say it peaks at 8-10, that's actually where i think it starts to dive

i really loved it through episodes 6 and 7

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 25, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I finished big order, the ending was a big turd

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Namtab posted:

who could have predicted that when the rest of the show was also comprised of various sizes of turds?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

who could have predicted that when the rest of the show was also comprised of various sizes of turds?

The epic turd of what I assume is an anime original ending

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I finished Haifure. I liked it. It's a shame it has to be compared to GuP, a standard it could never meet

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Namtab posted:

Was the dark skinned girl with big boobs good, at least?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

chumbler posted:

there is a superior dark skinned girl with white hair in this season alone, in flying witch, and plenty more outside of it

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope everyone watched Tanaka-kun, Flying Witch, Macross Delta and Kuromukuro this season.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hope everyone watched Tanaka-kun, Flying Witch, Macross Delta and Kuromukuro this season.

i watched half of those because i'm already watching yuru yuri for cute chill comedy

i'll watch tanaka and flying witch eventually probably

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i'll watch tanaka and flying witch eventually probably

You really really really should, they're by far the two best shows this season.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Lemon-Lime posted:

I didn't. What are you gonna do about it, tough guy.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Catching up on Re:Zero, holey moley has the 2nd arc been amazing. My face during 7 and 8 :stonk:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The best show for me this season was Flying Witch. The characters were good and time would fly by when watching a episode which speaks to how compelling the show is. However, nothing really happens plot-wise so if the first episode doesn't grab you then it probably won't get better for you. Basically has the same appeal as Non Non Biyori.

Haifuri was okay. As a show about cute girls on a WWII warship it completely delivers. However if you wanted an interesting and compelling plot then it completely falls flat. The early episodes were interesting (the submarine episode was particularly good) but as a series I feel like it gets worse as the series goes on.

Sansha Sanyou was good. It's a standard slice of life show. The characters are okay but the series is well directed. It also has really good animation and Futaba's voice is amazing.

Tanaka-kun was also good however the first episode is bad imo. The show gets a lot better when Miyano gets introduced in the second episode and the show only gets better as more characters are introduced.

Kumamiko. I have yet to watch the last episode but from the looks of it, the ending sucks. Has some highlight episodes and scenes but outside of Natsu, Machi and the other kids, all the other characters are terrible. Has it's novelty of being country side Watamote and has a really good Ending Theme.

Bakuon was okay. It has some funny scenes (Chisame instantly failing her test was so good) and the characters grew on me. However I felt like Chisame was introduced too late and the show would of been better with her from early on.

People are raving about Re Zero so I think I'll watch that. How did Kabaneri turn out? It caught my interest but I never got around to watching the first episode.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 28, 2016

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sydnesider posted:

Catching up on Re:Zero, holey moley has the 2nd arc been amazing. My face during 7 and 8 :stonk:

come back when you watch the ending to episode 24

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zettace posted:

The best show for me this season was Flying Witch. The characters were good and time would fly by when watching a episode which speaks to how compelling the show is. However, nothing really happens plot-wise so if the first episode doesn't grab you then it probably won't get better for you. Basically has the same appeal as Non Non Biyori.

Haifuri was okay. As a show about cute girls on a WWII warship it completely delivers. However if you wanted an interesting and compelling plot then it completely falls flat. The early episodes were interesting (the sub episode was particularly good) but as a series I feel like it gets worse as the series goes on.

Sansha Sanyou was good. It a standard slice of life show. The characters are okay but the series is well directed. It also has really good animation and Futaba's voice is amazing.

Tanaka-kun was also good however the first episode is bad imo. The show gets a lot better when Miyano gets introduced in the second episode and the show only gets better as more characters are introduced.

Kumamiko. I have yet to watch the last episode but from the looks of it, the ending sucks. Has some highlight episodes and scenes but outside of Natsu, Machi and the other kids, all the other characters are terrible. Has it's novelty of being country side Watamote and has a really good Ending Theme.

Bakuon was okay. It has some funny scenes (Chisame instantly failing her test was so good) and the characters grew on me. However I felt like Chisame was introduced too late and the show would of been better with her from early on.

People are raving about Re Zero so I think I'll watch that. How did Kanaberi turn out? It caught my interest but I never got around to watching the first episode.

On Kabaneri, Ichiro Okouchi continues to be a real bad writer, but it's mostly fun-dumb rather than terrible-dumb like Guilty Crown. Mostly.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Great, my stupid typo is in stone forever.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One thing Sansha Sanyo has over a bunch of series this season and other SoLs is that it's already at 13 volumes and still running iirc so there's ample material for a season 2 if they wanted

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Macross Delta was my favorite show, it's been really fantastic. Please watch it everyone

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
macross delta starts okay, gets a little shaky as the mc grows out of his worse impulses, then ramps up exponentially to a brilliant season finale

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

macross delta starts okay, gets a little shaky as the mc grows out of his worse impulses, then ramps up exponentially to a brilliant season finale

It's not a finale! The show is 26 episodes and the next episode is scheduled for next week so it doesn't look like it's taking a break between cours.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Every episode of Delta has been 100% great, except the most recent, which hit 300%.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That sounds like the time I personally rated one of the symphogear gx episodes as 30/10.
The math checks out.

I wish I had time to anime.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Zettace posted:

Kuma Miko's last arc is pretty much business as usual until the very, very last scene, where everybody learns exactly the wrong lesson. It's fascinating to watch, really.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zettace posted:

natsu is pretty awful too, did you forget all the times he helped push machi into doing something she didn't want to

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chumbler posted:

Ehh....

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Kabaneri came to an end, and if you want a bit of fun and utterly brainless summer-blockbuster action, it's pretty deece, even if it did have a touch of Studio Wit's usual production issues. Not sure Okouchi's the kind of writer I'd trust with a second season, though - his biggest achievement this time around was not being too much of a demerit amongst all the flashy explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Anne-Happy made the mistake of teasing a season 2 that will never happen.

• Locked thread