Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i spent my saturday night playing superhot and listening to tom waits. it was Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the story is basically just a prelude thing, you unlock endless mode afterwards and the game really comes alive in that mode.

the game doesn't really tell you this but jumping is super useful, if you're in a bad spot you can often jump out of it.

give playing with a controller a try, as moving slowly so you can control your timing more precisely is valuable.

that's my tips thanks for reading I like this game a lot.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

I have a Thing where even if i really like a game and the gameplay of it once i beat the story i lost all motivation to play any more. like i played mgs5 for lik a week straight and could have easily play it for another week straight but for some reason once i finished the story i just stopped completely

I'm the same way with games generally

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is a sale game for me, but i liked the unity demo

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I bet being the texture artist for this game was a really good job.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like slicing bullets out of the air with a sword

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm the same way with games generally

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah it’s too highly priced but I really enjoyed the beta so I’ll pick it up sometime. I even liked the stupid meta story that everyone hated. And SUPER HOT is really fun to say over and over.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wish there were more levels like the train level that did cool things with the time gimmick.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The story pisses me off.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Everything about the game is bad except the feel of playing it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the aesthetic is cool actually.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh yeah.. kinda.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it is.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

The story pisses me off.

What's the story

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
you can't really explain the story without spoiling it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

im also trying to think of how to articulate it and i would have to write a lot of stuff and i don't want to do it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The UI is an old computer and the game is an .exe that your chat room friend sends you where you kill red guys and the friends all coy like it's not as simple as that ;) you'll see keep playing ;) and then I guess the system tries to be like Glados and make you act like a dog and promise to stop playing and write WHAT HAVE UOU UNLEASHED on the screen and stuff. Whatever

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

net cafe scandal posted:

The UI is an old computer and the game is an .exe that your chat room friend sends you where you kill red guys and the friends all coy like it's not as simple as that ;) you'll see keep playing ;) and then I guess the system tries to be like Glados and make you act like a dog and promise to stop playing and write WHAT HAVE UOU UNLEASHED on the screen and stuff. Whatever

turns out the red people are antibodies and the people who play this game are AIDS destroying some poor saps immune system

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Umm yeah. Maybe

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Man this game is fun.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

It's dumb but I liked it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HIV attacks helper T cells, which make antibodies -- not antibodies directly.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

This super hot game looks super cool!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

why is there even a story in this game? i hate indie nut-huffin' bullshit.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My smooth buddy let me play this on Steam share. The dumb plot was even further up its own rear end than I thought,I thought it was maybe getting interesting when giant ASCII vaginas started squelching open and screaming insanely at me about disposable meat but it didn’t.

The actual game parts were really fun though, I just wish they’d done more to experiment with the gimmick. It’s a really cool idea and the game is incredibly short and it still managed to feel repetitive towards the end. I don’t like the new gameplay mechanic you get later on because the best part of the game was watching your replays and feeling like John Wick and now you have a superpower.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My smooth buddy let me play this on Steam share. The dumb plot was even further up its own rear end than I thought,I thought it was maybe getting interesting when giant ASCII vaginas started squelching open and screaming insanely at me about disposable meat but it didn’t.

The actual game parts were really fun though, I just wish they’d done more to experiment with the gimmick. It’s a really cool idea and the game is incredibly short and it still managed to feel repetitive towards the end. I don’t like the new gameplay mechanic you get later on because the best part of the game was watching your replays and feeling like John Wick and now you have a superpower.

Yup.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
my favorite part of the story is the bit where you ask for more info and it just spews out more text than you can humanly read

and if you slow it down or take screenshots to read what's there there's a bit that threatens to spoil the story with a big paragraph of explanation, that actually randomly chooses from like ten different meaningless justifications for what little plot there is, ranging from "suicidal ai that controls life support systems for entire human race puts contract out on itself" to "hacking servers of rival game developer because they hacked your studio first" to "trying to stop the illuminati's evil plans from coming to fruition" to "trying to ensure the illuminati's evil plans come to fruition"

not that the story matters when there's so many red dudes to cut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

my favorite part of the story is the bit where you ask for more info and it just spews out more text than you can humanly read

and if you slow it down or take screenshots to read what's there there's a bit that threatens to spoil the story with a big paragraph of explanation, that actually randomly chooses from like ten different meaningless justifications for what little plot there is, ranging from "suicidal ai that controls life support systems for entire human race puts contract out on itself" to "hacking servers of rival game developer because they hacked your studio first" to "trying to stop the illuminati's evil plans from coming to fruition" to "trying to ensure the illuminati's evil plans come to fruition"

not that the story matters when there's so many red dudes to cut up
haha I wondered what that said. That's cool

• Locked thread