Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I'm looking to hook up my desktop PC to our projector for some sweet Dolphin/P64 action. The PC and projector are separated by a few feet too many for extension cables to make sense, so the current plan is to stream via a laptop.

Do any of ya'll know of any remote desktop apps that 1) are capable enough for gaming at 1080p and 2) also run on OS X? This will all run on the local network, so Internet access is not a requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

anatomi posted:

I'm looking to hook up my desktop PC to our projector for some sweet Dolphin/P64 action. The PC and projector are separated by a few feet too many for extension cables to make sense, so the current plan is to stream via a laptop.

Do any of ya'll know of any remote desktop apps that 1) are capable enough for gaming at 1080p and 2) also run on OS X? This will all run on the local network, so Internet access is not a requirement.

Steam? Steam Streaming even works with non-Steam games..

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

HalloKitty posted:

Steam? Steam Streaming even works with non-Steam games..

This is what you're looking for. I've tried out running emulators via steam streaming to a livingroom TV and it works pretty great if you're on a wired connection.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Sounds pretty good! I hardly ever use Steam, so I haven't kept up on new features. Thanks, guys!

• Locked thread