Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

Would you mind backing up the "torture" claim? Also she hasn't really overseen too many interventions. She voted for Iraq, but it's kind of dumb to blame her for the botching of that particular campaign. Libya hasn't turned out great, but it's also kind of dumb to pin all the blame for that one on her, when the DoD played a pretty huge role.

OMFG read that NYT article from a couple weeks ago about her role in Libya. We wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for her pushing it. She also believes that ISIS exists because we wouldn't arm Syrian rebels.

and then there is the bloody Honduras coup that she supported on behalf of American corporate interests because the democratically elected President wanted to raise the minimum wage
https://theintercept.com/2015/07/06/clinton-honduras-coup/

she's every bit as bloodthirsty as any Republican, there is no war or war crime that Trump would do that Hillary wouldn't.

it's deeply loving insane to pretend that somehow Hillary is an acceptable alternative to Trump. If you vote for one of them it's just as bad as voting for the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

City of Tampa posted:

OMFG read that NYT article from a couple weeks ago about her role in Libya. We wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for her pushing it.

That doesn't answer what I said at all. No one's denying she played an important role in it, but it was a group effort.

quote:

and then there is the bloody Honduras coup that she supported on behalf of American corporate interests because the democratically elected President wanted to raise the minimum wage

That was a bad thing, no question. But I don't buy for a second that a President Trump wouldn't be doing the same sort of poo poo, at a grander scale.

quote:

she's every bit as bloodthirsty as any Republican, there is no war or war crime that Trump would do that Hillary wouldn't.

That's one of the dumbest things I've read in YCS. Clinton has shown no sign that she supports torture or the wanton killing of suspected terrorists' families, as Trump has. And again (and I've noticed you haven't responded to this point yet), Trump has openly advocated sending U.S. troops into Syria to take ISIS' oil. That is insane.

quote:

it's deeply loving insane to pretend that somehow Hillary is an acceptable alternative to Trump. If you vote for one of them it's just as bad as voting for the other one.

Bullshit. Clinton wouldn't try to deport every undocumented migrant from the U.S., she wouldn't try to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, and she wouldn't ban all Muslims from entering the country.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Mar 4, 2016

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Trumps not gonna/can't do any of the craziest poo poo that he says. If you watched the debate he even said as much. he's all over the place rhetorically but if you look at his history of political participation he's what would pass as a conservative Democrat today. Th sky isn't falling and the motherfucker is probably more moderate than any of the other Repub candidates since like 2000 McCain

Do you seriously think that voting for Hillary is a vote against war in Syria? that's p. retarded. the one thing preventing war with Syria is Russia and hopefully they shut the door on us invading for the foreseeable future, but if they took off and bailed on Assad Hillary would be there in a second using ISIS as a justification for another Bush-style foreverwar

Trumps's probably way more flexible than Hillary would be too.

Definitely do not vote for him tho

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Mange Mite posted:

Israel wants us to invade iran so probably iran is next

Iran one of the few countries that could legitimately come out of neocon-style regime change improved and prosperous.

***not that I am remotely suggesting it, gently caress***

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

menino posted:

I think it comes down to black voters fearing uncertainty. They have more to lose if the Democrats lose and they know Clinton's name a lot better and assume she's more electable. And I think that black electorate skews a lot more female than the white electorate.

Yeah, it helps to make sure a lot of the superpredators black male voters have a criminal record. Hillary's long game is intense.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Majorian posted:

Bullshit. Clinton wouldn't try to deport every undocumented migrant from the U.S., she wouldn't try to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, and she wouldn't ban all Muslims from entering the country.

It's sure something how Bernie Bros like you would so willingly accept the epitome of the most corrupt, corporate globalist in the form of Hillary Clinton (the antithesis of Bernie) over Trump simply because the latter wants to crackdown on illegal immigration. The majority of this country will look like loving Detroit by the time she's finished selling it out for her donors and foreign interests. You're a fool if you think she wouldn't invade Syria/Libya for the Saudis as well.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Immortan posted:

simply because
there's also his making war crimes a platform plank, his open fear of women's biology, a stark indifference to the environment, and the general indictment of humanity as a species if he is elected. The clintons we can claim to be fooled by, and will at least govern for the superficial betterment of cherry-picked metrics over their elected terms, profit incentive allowing. Making Drumpf the most powerful man in the world is the step before setting yourself on fire in a public place.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Because the South likes WASPs.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

BigBoss posted:

Not a jew

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

stephenfry posted:

there's also his making war crimes a platform plank, his open fear of women's biology, a stark indifference to the environment, and the general indictment of humanity as a species if he is elected. The clintons we can claim to be fooled by, and will at least govern for the superficial betterment of cherry-picked metrics over their elected terms, profit incentive allowing. Making Drumpf the most powerful man in the world is the step before setting yourself on fire in a public place.

Look at this Bernie bro here supporting neocon corporatist capitalism with a touch of feminism. :allears:

Political revolution indeed.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

stephenfry posted:

his open fear of women's biology,

do you know how much pussy the guy gets?

stephenfry posted:

a stark indifference to the environment,

Actually he's spoken a lot for a Republican primary about ensuring clean air and water through pollution controls, and protecting national parks etc.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Liberals have never wanted anything more than to feel superior to the toothless rednecks. The other poo poo is just in service of that.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Maoist Pussy posted:

Liberals have never wanted anything more than to feel superior to the toothless rednecks. The other poo poo is just in service of that.

hey now, they also want to get one over on each other too

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Immortan posted:

Look at this Bernie bro here supporting neocon corporatist capitalism with a touch of feminism. :allears:

Political revolution indeed.
I'll make it easier for you: pathetic lip service in favor of the environment and middling, pliable voting record are superior to Drumpf's absence of a voting record, obvious capital support of irresponsible environmental exploitation and stated indifference to the actual problem

HRC has for sure facilitated fossil fuel exploitation, but probably by the same means I have, simply being a participant in capitalism.

if neocon corporatist capitalism with a pseudofeminist PR department is what it takes to make the sky less ill, fine.

The Saurus posted:

do you know how much pussy the guy gets?

Actually he's spoken a lot for a Republican primary about ensuring clean air and water through pollution controls, and protecting national parks etc.
that says nothing about actual climate change, only the most obvious anthropocentric end results. Drumpf does not deserve this much charity from you. You have a serious problem -- this kind of cognitive dissonance on your part is on a par with catholicism. Please take a step back and look at the damage he is doing.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

stephenfry posted:

I'll make it easier for you: pathetic lip service in favor of the environment and middling, pliable voting record are superior to Drumpf's absence of a voting record, obvious capital support of irresponsible environmental exploitation and stated indifference to the actual problem

HRC has for sure facilitated fossil fuel exploitation, but probably by the same means I have, simply being a participant in capitalism.

if neocon corporatist capitalism with a pseudofeminist PR department is what it takes to make the sky less ill, fine..

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

The cap on high! The ranks tightly closed!
The SA marches with quiet, steady step.
The Saurus mocked by the nerd with the red text
Marches in spirit within our ranks.
The Saurus mocked by the nerd with the red text
Marches in spirit within our ranks.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Hillary Clinton is loving garbage and anybody who needs this obvious fact spelled out to them is a shitbird idiot lmao

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The correct answer is we did the right thing and chased all the Bernie retards out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The correct answer is we did the right thing and chased all the Bernie retards out
Probably what happened in Maine too

• Locked thread