Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brexit the Frog

i am nervous about it! it's an "ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS CLASS" so i'm sure it'll all be like "ballet is a type of what, class..? DANCE, yes good that's correct"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex

Post your tights

Macnult

football? nah, I'm here to brush up on my sword-fighting parries.

Brexit the Frog

i'm showing up in gym shorts since this is the first lesson. but i will once i have some!

alnilam

dance is cool, ballet isn't my fav but i respect it a lot, gl I'm sure it'll be fine

MrWillsauce

cool, let us know how it goes

FluffieDuckie

trip report please

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Brexit the Frog

it was fun! I was the only guy, but it wasn't super weird thankfully. they went over the super SUUUPER basics which I am thankful for because I am a dumb baby who knows nothing and is not graceful

I was the only one in socks tho, gotta get me some slippers this week

my feet feel weird now, like there's parts of them I haven't used in years and am now trying to thaw out

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

Rusty Staub posted:

it was fun! I was the only guy, but it wasn't super weird thankfully. they went over the super SUUUPER basics which I am thankful for because I am a dumb baby who knows nothing and is not graceful

my feet feel weird now, like there's parts of them I haven't used in years and am now trying to thaw out

i took guitar lessons from a guy who did ballet. he was cool.

alnilam

here's a secret my old housemate who was a ballet dancer told me: "none of us are actually graceful, we're the clumsiest people in the world... it's all tons of practice"

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

alnilam posted:

"none of us are actually graceful, we're the clumsiest people in the world... it's all tons of practice"

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

here's a secret my old housemate who was a ballet dancer told me: "none of us are actually graceful, we're the clumsiest people in the world... it's all tons of practice"

I've found that dancers are incapable of walking across a flat floor without either tripping or plopping down and doing stretching exercises.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Rusty Staub posted:

Good for you, Rusty! I hope you keep with it and learn something good.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

MrWillsauce

all this time I thought I was just an awkward klutz, it was just my inner dancer trying to get out... :aaaaa:

FluffieDuckie

MrWillsauce posted:

all this time I thought I was just an awkward klutz, it was just my inner dancer trying to get out... :aaaaa:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I took an adult ballet class years ago and loved it. It's always good to take a class in something.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

ChairmanMeow posted:

I took an adult ballet class years ago and loved it. It's always good to take a class in something.

Not a children's ballet class?

ChairmanMeow

super mario batali posted:

Not a children's ballet class?

they politely but firmly asked me to step away from the children.

*I did take some classes as a child also

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
How do you even disguise as a child?

it's not like you can just wear a moustache and sit on someone's shoulders

alnilam

DeepQantas posted:

How do you even disguise as a child?

it's not like you can just wear a moustache and sit on someone's shoulders

hmm, or can you...??

DeepQantas

Maybe if you're a werekid and the classes happen once every full moon

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i just use forced perspective, like stand in front of very large horses or oversized furniture

Brexit the Frog

lol if you're not bringing a huge horse to ballet class

DeepQantas

We're not graceful, we just stand in front of a huge lumbering horse

Brexit the Frog

comparative ballet is a relatively new style, but just as valid

ChairmanMeow

Rusty Staub posted:

comparative ballet is a relatively new style, but just as valid

Luvcow posted:

i just use forced perspective, like stand in front of very large horses or oversized furniture

I wear a giant bow on my head

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i thought we couldnt do ballets until november.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

Luvcow posted:

• Locked thread