Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
1. CF

What if the attacky thing we get is also a mouth? Win/win!

2. If we think we can win, after we get the cool upgrades. Use that smarts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hello Sailor posted:

1. CD

2. A. Use our speed, perception, and freshly-acquired smarts and penchant for competitive eating to make strafing runs on Bubba's undefended regions and take a bite out of him each time. Ideally, we'll eventually enrage him enough to stop eating and chase us. At that point, we can steer for much smaller demons we can swallow whole on the run, so we can keep growing while Bubba starves.

You can't take a bite out of him, since you don't have a mouth yet. You can try to rip holes in him with your pointy red thinger though.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

C'mon. You asked for a plan if our first vote included a mouth and voting seems to be running that way.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we secrete digestive enzymes and have our whole body be a mouth? Like a starfish stomach?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

The optional plan vote was for how you were going to take on Bubba in order to acquire HIS mouth. Sorry if that was unclear. Were yours to win it'd be finagled to make sense according to what you've got at the moment

Outrail posted:

Can we secrete digestive enzymes and have our whole body be a mouth? Like a starfish stomach?

That's kinda how it goes till you get a mouth. For now it's SCHLORP-sorption. Takes a while.

Gonna try and get an update out tomorrow, so theres some more voting time left. Might be late in the day depending on how the morning goes for me.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 25, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
In that case we need to up our digestion acids and gain a giant drill piece and digest our goes from the inside out.

Eat me? No I'm actually eating you and you can't stop it. Keep eating more prey to sate my hunger and I'll stop eating you. Now I'm too big to stay inside you so you're food sorry bro next please.

Voting for whatever can make that happen.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We'd probably need some kind of super membrane to resist being digested long enough to counter-digest.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
1: A, D
2: B

Because it took way too long to kill and eat stuff last time. Smarts 'aint worth anything when you can't properly kill or eat to gain knowledge

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

In that case we need to up our digestion acids and gain a giant drill piece and digest our goes from the inside out.

Eat me? No I'm actually eating you and you can't stop it. Keep eating more prey to sate my hunger and I'll stop eating you. Now I'm too big to stay inside you so you're food sorry bro next please.

That's pretty metal.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Outrail posted:

Daaaaamn. Can we do smarts and this?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Learn to become parasitic. Don't kill big guys instantly, just eat them slowly from the insides. Absorb all of their essence, and the essence of what they eat, while they slowly weaken and die.

Because being large just makes you a target.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

Learn to become parasitic. Don't kill big guys instantly, just eat them slowly from the insides. Absorb all of their essence, and the essence of what they eat, while they slowly weaken and die.

Because being large just makes you a target.

Changing my vote to this, twice.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Poison Mushroom posted:

Changing my vote to this, twice.

same here

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
... and you want to end the tortuous process of being eaten alive? Find something bigger to eat you.

Trojan horse to end all Trojan horses.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Voting Closed, Tie between PLAN OUTRAIL and SMARTS.

This is an unexpected turn of events, but it's gonna make things very, very interesting. I'll start putting together the update now.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Gonna need to plan to take down Bubba. What the poo poo is a plan?

That guy probably knows. CHARGING POINTY RED THING ATTACK STAB ACTION GO!

Alriiiiight. PLAN: noun, a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something. OKAY THEN! Bubba's big like whoa and spends all his time eating stuff...probably doesn't think a whole lot . *snicker* Sucker. He's too big to eat. Too big to eat...time for defense!

That git'll do nicely. Second verse, same as the first!

Ugh. Wow. So this is what indigestion feels like. It's a good thing you're just about made of eyes, so you can check out what's going on in your guts. Looks like your food vacuole is having a tough time breaking this dude down on top of his thick membrane. Hey, it seems you goofed and sucked in a bit of the swimmy juice too and your digestive acids can't get through it. Luckily it's only covering MOST of him so you'll get him in a few moments. Hmmm... Hmmm...

Do you:
A. EW! Spit out the swimmy juice once you're done. Yuck! You wanted a thick membrane, not a mouthful of pool water!
B. *gurgle* Roll with it and find a daemeoba who's got a pepto bismol organelle.
C. BONUS! Infuse the swimmy juice into your new membrane. Maybe it'll keep you from getting digested so easily in addition to providing protection?
D. SCORE! Screw armor, let's suck up more swimmy juice and repurpose this guy's thick membrane. Selectively permeable membrane, bitches! Just don't get shanked.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

C

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Clearly we should go with the swimmy juice option.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Corrupting/devouring our enemies from the inside is pretty drat demonic. Let's follow C where it leads.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hello Sailor posted:

Corrupting/devouring our enemies from the inside is pretty drat demonic. Let's follow C where it leads.

Yep!

Also, wasn't there a dude who had a mind control type secretion? That could have some pretty fun synergism.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

Yep!

Also, wasn't there a dude who had a mind control type secretion? That could have some pretty fun synergism.

That sort of thing is likely going to be among the next round of votes. You'll have options to pick from so you can customize how you do the controlling.

The more upgrades you get the more like you are to succeed, but Bubba will have more stuff to contend with the longer you wait.

Keep in mind that the earlier you get something, the more affinity you have with it. This is the earliest developmental stage of your being, so your choices here will continue to define you more than stuff in the next stages of your existence. Perception is your key trait, followed by mobility and then intellect/cunning so you're on your way to being the creeping horror in the dark that isn't easily evaded. If you'd gone with say, shiv-armor-mouth, you'd have been heading towards more of a devouring juggernaut. Genestealer versus ultralisk as it were.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
D: I've got a feeling this can lead to hijinks.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
D That sounds pretty neat.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
C swammy jouice

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!
D - let's go for a glass cannon approach where we are fast but fragile.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

In case clarification is needed:

A/B are full armor options
C is a hybrid armor/digesty-resisty option.
D is the full digesty-resisty option, no armor.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

gently caress. This guy is giving you some mighty bad indigestion. Like...ow guys. Lots of OW. ALL OVER! ON THE INSIDE!

HMMMGHGHGHHARARRRRARARARAMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHGHGHGHGHGHGHH!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHGHGHGHGHG.......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGGH1011010001010101001001!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are demonic amoeba.

A deameoba, if you will.

You don't know if demons poo poo.

You don't know what poo poo is.

If they do, it isn't advertised.

Probably for good reason, considering what you just went through.

Anyway, you don't.

You use 100% of the kill!

If you were...say...one of those silly ol' humans (dafuq are those?), this would be the equivalent of passing a kidney stone spawned from the broken home of a sentient pile of glass shards and concentrated capsaicin. From both holes.

These were not good times.

Luckily you for you, the brain in your not-yet-noggin can't remember that poo poo, so huzzah!

*gurgle*

Huh. Seems that you managed to muscle that goop into an armored layer completely surrounding yourself! Anyone who tries to chomp you is in for a surprise! All except the pointy red thinger. Why? WHO KNOWS?

Full Disclosure: I've been doing some behind the scenes stat tracking and dice rolling but...gently caress. Two consecutive 100's on an actual god drat one hundred sided polyhedral is NEW. I've been rolling this loving thing for 15 years. This is a first. So. Super crit on this advance. Your future advancement in what is essentially armor with a Diablo-style Thorns buff (for this point in the game) is nearly on par with your choice for perception. Maybe you'se not swole, but you'se TUFF and SPOIKY. Normally I wouldn't bring this info up, but...drat.

DAS VOTE! :science:

You decide to:

A. Get yourself a squirty-mind-controlly-juice-chute like you saw on that guy! Might be tricky but Imma nom him!
- 1. Just go for it you panzy!
- 2. I GOTS AN IDEAR!
B. I still want a shiv! Hunt down and devour the shiv-havers!
C. What's the deal with pointy red bits being not covered by the goop? Eat a dude with an extra one for answers. Maybe?
D. Write in!

Reminder that votes can be combined if there is a near enough consensus on the point. Maybe a mind control shiv or whatnot for A+B for example.

*cough*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A2. With our brain and our eyes and our speed can we cut off the brain chute with our stabby, and just eat that?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Poison Mushroom posted:

A2. With our brain and our eyes and our speed can we cut off the brain chute with our stabby, and just eat that?

From the inside out.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
A1

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

This one. Except eat the whole thing, there might be more to it than just the chute.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

From the inside out.

You're larger than most, so this could be an issue. Finding a juice-chute-haver you can infiltrate will be a challenge. BUT YOU GOT EYES SO....

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

What is C, our demonousity stat? Our affinity for magic? If so, we should go for more horns.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blasphemaster posted:

You're larger than most, so this could be an issue. Finding a juice-chute-haver you can infiltrate will be a challenge. BUT YOU GOT EYES SO....

Just because we're bigger doesn't mean we can't force the issue and wear them like a coat.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hello Sailor posted:

What is C, our demonousity stat? Our affinity for magic? If so, we should go for more horns.

Maybe. :)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of sorts for a little while. I should try to have the update up tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
voting D to write in and say we should acquire more sorts

• Locked thread