Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Waci posted:

Make deals with dragons.

No Waci. Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
We...won? So that's how it feels. Congratulations paragon, it was a very fun game. Of course I'd rather it kept on going for longer, but you are the writer. What we got was very good quality, so I'm looking forward to your next game. What was the secret of the deep roots? And all the others, what kind of bonus would they have given us?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mr. Nemo posted:

We...won? So that's how it feels. Congratulations paragon, it was a very fun game. Of course I'd rather it kept on going for longer, but you are the writer. What we got was very good quality, so I'm looking forward to your next game. What was the secret of the deep roots? And all the others, what kind of bonus would they have given us?

Deep roots accelerated root growth, gave them the ability to grow through almost anything, and also provided you with a supernatural sense of what exactly was around your roots at all times in very fine detail. I'll post the rest later.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

paragon1 posted:

I might do Lord of the Castle as well (actually I should probably figure out a non-gendered title since I'm going to let y'all pick gender on this one), because I am a smart person that only make good decisions and it won't slow down update speed for both at all!

Call it "Master of your domain"

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

:kimchi:

Mr. Nemo posted:

We...won? So that's how it feels.

Yeah, that's a pretty weird ending for a Something Awful Forums CYOA.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

paragon1 posted:

No Waci. Bad.

:getin:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

dont be mean to me posted:

:kimchi:

Yeah, that's a pretty weird ending for a Something Awful Forums CYOA.

Any ending except abandonment is weird for a SA CYOA

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Volmarias posted:

Call it "Master of your domain"

Hmm..this is pretty good!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It'll be a few days minimum before the new thread(s) go up because I'm determined to not do that poo poo completely by the seat of my pants and actually keep notes this time. I'll post the links here when they do.

Because this game was basically entirely me thinking about the game a bit throughout the day and then just sort of making poo poo up on the spot without writing anything down (besides the posts themselves of course), and that created some unnecessary problems towards the end on my part.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
How about a Feudal Lord Shadowrun sim where you run a megacorp/city and your boss is a dragon?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Nyaa posted:

How about a Feudal Lord Shadowrun sim where you run a megacorp/city and your boss is a dragon?

YES

Lets work for Lofwyr!

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
This was a really good story adventure of a tree

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Nyaa posted:

That's a really cool idea, but I don't think I'll go that way for a number of reasons.

Waci posted:

YES

Lets work for Lofwyr!

You just like this idea because you know that goons will get themselves eaten in the first week.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I'm not one of the people who want everything to be eaten!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FlocksOfMice posted:

This was a really good story adventure of a tree

Agreed. For something you were writing by the seat of your pants, it came out absolutely great.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Yes. I want to see what you can do with plans.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Waci posted:

I'm not one of the people who want everything to be eaten!

There are people that don't want everything to be eaten? :confused:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Volmarias posted:

Agreed. For something you were writing by the seat of your pants, it came out absolutely great.

Seriously, no notes at all? Wtf man. Did you have your old posts up in tabs for reference or something?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
We became the Deku Tree, awesome

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Thanks for the game, really enjoyed your perspective on wizards and the depth of the lore you developed. For something totally unique, I'm glad our goony-ness wasn't enough to fail the game, and winning feels great! Thanks again for your hard work and song contributions, I'll be looking forward to the next one.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
It was an amazing adventure and I'm surprised to hear it wasn't planned thoroughly. Thank you for doing this!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blasphemaster posted:

Seriously, no notes at all? Wtf man. Did you have your old posts up in tabs for reference or something?

Pretty often towards the end, yeah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Here's what the other secrets would have gotten you:

The Flowing Water- Mastery over your local water flow and pretty much universal water tolerance, from total submersion to cactus in the desert levels. You would also gain a strong affinity with water based creatures, from tardigrades to whales and huge water elementals.

The Cleansing Fire-Total immunity to fire, immunity to all forms of parasites(your early deal with the spiders and choice of environment helped you dodge that problem anyway), and any piece of you that was broken off would burst into flame or explode.

The Deep Soil-I mistakenly referred to this as the Deep Roots in the epilogue and later, see what happens when you don't keep notes. :v:

The Long Day and Night- Perfect sunlight tolerance, you'd be fine on a tidally locked planet facing the sun or forever under starlight. I also figured it have some esoteric involvement with the passage of time, but never had to pin down exactly what that would be since you didn't pick it.

The Ripping Wind-~All the secrets of the wind~ You'd be safe from storm winds, able to "hear" things from extremely long distances, and have a very strong affinity for birds and other creatures of the air, great and small. A great pick for anyone living on a mountain.

The True Names-the one you picked!

And two secret ones that I never fully decided on in my mind. One would let you exist in multiple dimensions at the same time, and I could never make up my mind on the last. Raw control over life iteself? Death? Something to do with Divinity? Some anti-Madness thing? Who knows? Not me. :shrug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
AAA+++ would 5 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
For starting out as a joke CYOA this was actually really awesome and a cool read.

• Locked thread