Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Splatmaster posted:

Welcome aboard, yer me pet shoulder monkey!

*makes excited monkey noises, climbs onto the captain's shoulder and then points menacingly at the other crew members*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

Yarrr, capn, me countin abilities tell me we got either one or eight monkeys on board... I forget which. Well, we got THIS MANY, anyway. yarr

Android Blues

the reeking mystic's piece of gear is a set of knucklebones from a demanutated thief, worn in a pouch around her neck, where no-one will want to steal them

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*monkey eyes the pouch around the mystic's neck and rubs his tiny hands together mischievously*

MrWillsauce

Ye pesky monkey keep yer paws off me cargo if ye know what's good for ye

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*monkey chitters at mr. willsauce and then makes throat slitting gesture before hiding behind the captains head*

MrWillsauce

YARRR

mrwillsauce brandishes Merlin and stalks off to the cargo hold (wait, do we even have one, or is all of our stuff really just sitting on the deck?). We'll see whose pet is harder...

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out
Item: a rusty harpoon.

+5 to combat against enormous adversaries, +2 to combat against normal-sized ones (due to its unwieldy size); almost no other important characteristics.

+3 to "accidentally" skewering unwary captains to continue failing upward :ssh:

breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)
-a man with an especially large corn chip for a head walks up the gangplank-

CAP'N, THE KITCHEN'S A MESS! That's good news, though. We'll be having chicken and rat chili for our next meal. And probably pretty much all of them.

I brought this bottomless sack of corn chips though so we should be good on that front. Nachos for days. Just keep those bloody pigeons away.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

WELCOME ABOARD THE HORRIBLE SHIP SPLATMISTRESS.

If I've got the ship's manifest aright we have aboard (from left to right):

One Captain Splatmaster, who comes equipped with a pile of useful magical stuff sea madness
One Drilldo, the ship's boy, who brings a solid anime recommendation and a strong work ethic
One Mister Willsauce, the quartermaster, who has a pet rock named Merlin and accountancy skills you can almost count on!
One Senor Manlove, the disgraced Spaniard. Consigned to work in the galley he comes equipped with a letter of marque from the Spanish crown and a burning desire to reclaim his noble heritage through the dark arts of chefery.
One B.F. Dorito, a cook who carries a bottomless sack of cornchips that strongly resemble his head. How odd!
Mister Filth, the first mate, wields the cruel harpoon Tetanius
A reeking, half-blind mystic with no name wears the knuckles of a thief about her throat
A plucky monkey whose sins hang heavy around his neck and for whom the hangman's noose waits impatiently in Tortuga
and
an indeterminate number of these oaves, who work below decks and do most of the chumping. Should anyone "join" after departure, the oafshead will hatch and reveal a new crewman!

Captain, it is time! The ship is prepared, the crew is aboard. The furnace is stoked and with a whistle the boiler sets the propeller in motion. You are away!

You are at sea, steaming in the general direction of the entry to the ancient tunnel leading to the catacombs, within which lies the Island of the Unforgotten Lost. It could take a couple of hours to arrive. Maybe this is the opportunity your awful crew needs to get to know one another?

hi how are you ♥

FilthIncarnate

I run a tight ship.

Unless Captain Splatmaster wants to run a tight ship, in which case the ship I run is crooked and loose.

Android Blues

the mystic sets up a tent on the maindeck, wherein she lights candles, slings hookahs up against the wall, and generally attempts to cultivate a small area of homey, choking darkness

MrWillsauce

The furnace isn't the only t hing that's stoked!

I shoo the stinky lady off of my warehouse and see how many different ways I can arrange our crates of stuff. I want the cargo to be arranged as tastefully as possible.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*monkey chitters and then disappears to go investigate the ship mischievously as a monkey is wont to do*

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Ye fools! Ye should have turned back when ye hadst the chance!

ye!

Luckily the captain thought to bring a mystic aboard. As soon as the planets, sun and moon aligned on the far side of the Earth, dragging the tides to a hundred-year low, the mystic involuntarily stretched out her bony claw in the direction of the tunnel, now visible at the low water mark.

A pitch black hole in a pitch black night, and only the stars and the burning obsession of a half-insane, half-nuts, all crazy captain to light the way.

Captain, your orders? Crew, your insubordination?

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

gulp

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*chitters nervously*

:ohdear:

breakfast dorito

doritos form part of a healthy breakfast (in theory) and should not be used as a primary source of nutrition (you don't tell me how to live)
Looks like things are about to get hella real so GRUB'S UP! WHO WANTS RAT NACHOS AND CHEAP GROG?

Gotta be well fed before swashbucklin'

FilthIncarnate

As the scheming and treacherous first mate, I will require Captain Splatmaster to make a decision before I can attempt to undermine it.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
We make way for the (formerly) hidden tunnel!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

After dallying all night the cap'n gives the order "Full steam arrrr-head!" and the Splatmistress lurches forth into the pit. Even at the lowest possible tide and no mast it's a tight fit - the funnel scrapes the top of the tunnel with a horrible screeching noise every time the waves roll up and down. You'd better get through this tunnel before the planets and whatnot unalign themselves - if the water rises much you'll be torn to piees against the ceiling of the this tunnel! unfortunately the tunnel is of indeterminable length, disappearning into the darkness ahead.

The Splatmistress is a steam vessel which burns coal to heat the water and provide propulsion. In the confines of the tunnel the smoke from the burning of the coal has nowhere to go so it clings to the ship in a noxious shroud. Pushing ahead at full steam might get you out of this literal scrape but it might poison the crew - and more importantly you've never run this rust bucket under full steam before. It might explode.

Lowering the power or going to oars only might be safer, but you risk drowning if the rising waters catch you in this tunnel.

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

yarr it's a good day t' die! I say full speed ahead, capn! yarrrrrrrrr

breakfast dorito

LET'S RUN THIS poo poo INTO THE GROUND, SIR!

FilthIncarnate

A good day to die, indeed.

MrWillsauce posted:

yarr it's a good day t' die! I say full speed ahead, capn! yarrrrrrrrr

Seconded.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
THREE QUARTER STEAM AHEAD AND MAN THE OARS!

Mystic, fetch us up a fine tailwind and speed us up!

And pray to whatever gods ye all pray to

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

FilthIncarnate

Absolutely, captain.

Incidentally, a prayer to my gods requires my commanding officer gently scratch himself on my rusty harpoon.

For good luck, you see.

If you'd do the honors....?

Android Blues

the mystic bargains astutely with the wind, using as her main token of persuasion the fact that, if it helps the Splatmistress get into this nightmarish subterranean channel, it probably won't have to cradle this terrible boat within its bosom ever again. she also sacrifices a lamb, but the wind doesn't seem so into that

MrWillsauce

yarr how many times do I have to tell ye "no ritual sacrifice in me cargo hold?" yarr

Android Blues

come on, says the mystic wryly, it was barely even ritual. i didn't even use the good incense. she waggles her eyebrows at him like she does when convincing a mark of their tarot reading, a time-honed skill

MrWillsauce

yarr... eyebrows... a'right... yar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breakfast dorito

That WAS a waste of our one good lamb, though. Can I cut it up into chops yet?

• Locked thread