Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't wait to see how the British media will undermine Big Sam and bring about his eventual failure just like every other poor sod who takes the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Big Sham"

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
It's coming home

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36852995

quote:

Sam Allardyce is "the right person" to manage England, according to Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho.

Yeah I bet he said that for purely altruistic reasons and not because h edesperately wants Sam to be not managing a Prem team next season.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36852995

Yeah I bet he said that for purely altruistic reasons and not because h edesperately wants Sam to be not managing a Prem team next season.

Aren't Jose and Sam meant to be quite good friends nowadays ever since they did an England vs Rest of the World game together? Jose even apologised for the "19th Century Football" remark.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a shame he won't be in charge when city typically lose to sunderland at the stadium of light

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Can we get some code tags going?

code:
                   Forster
Walker - Cahill - Smalling - Bertrand
Sterling - Dier - Henderson - Alli - Downing
                     Carroll
Or would Big Sam prefer Townsend on the left?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Its coming home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Carrier posted:

Its coming home

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Spain and Italy's new managerial appointments have been even less ambitious, and they don't the excuse of Steve Bruce being the only other candidate

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I remember i proposed this years ago and was mocked by posters here. Who is laughing now?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

African AIDS cum posted:

I remember i proposed this years ago and was mocked by posters here. Who is laughing now?

everyone

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Maybe Big Sam should re-invert the pyramid

code:
             Forster
 Walker   Cahill   Bertrand
          Alli        Dier
     Rooney     Lallana
Sterling   Carroll     Vardy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why would Sam start a mincing fairy like Sterling?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

sassassin posted:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

sassassin posted:

You're right, replace Sterling with Matt Jarvis.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

code:
                   Forster
    Walker - Shawcross - Smalling - Bertrand
    Albrighton - Dier - Drinkwater - Downing
                      Alli
                    Carroll

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

code:
                   Forster
Walker - Cahill - Smalling - Bertrand
Sterling - Dier - Henderson - Alli - Downing
                     Carroll
Or would Big Sam prefer Townsend on the left?

Drinkwater and Vardy will start because Sam is A Man With Sense

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
All Big Sam has ever wanted was to manage a beautiful team of hard-working English lads, none of this da Silva or Fritzenberg or Gobbalobbalinglong. It's the perfect situation for everyone.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Can't wait to see Vardy and Carroll up front, Drinkwater and Noble in midfield. It's coming home

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait to see Vardy and Carroll up front, Drinkwater and Noble in midfield. It's coming home

Don't forget downing and big antonio on the wings

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

Sam hates Noble and tried to sell him his first year at West Ham.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Sam hates Noble and tried to sell him his first year at West Ham.

I can't remember the match but I remember Noble going loving ballistic at Allardyce subbing maybe Downing? and Allardyce having to take Nolan off instead since the players just stood there shouting at him.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if anyone thinks we won't continue to get the same attempts to crowbar 11 popular names onto the pitch at any given time apart from during useless friendlies where a token in form name from a smaller club will be tossed onto the pitch, never to be seen again after a nervy performance.

The FA and sponsors are a big part of the problem and they're not changing/going away any time soon.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ninpo posted:

Lol if anyone thinks we won't continue to get the same attempts to crowbar 11 popular names onto the pitch at any given time apart from during useless friendlies where a token in form name from a smaller club will be tossed onto the pitch, never to be seen again after a nervy performance.

The FA and sponsors are a big part of the problem and they're not changing/going away any time soon.

If I have anything positive at all to say about big sam it's that he's probably the only english manager who is quite happy to tell the money to gently caress itself if it doesn't agree with him.

Otoh, this has clearly been his career ambition since he was young, and he might kowtow more than normal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/England/status/756500327411560449

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Spangly A posted:

If I have anything positive at all to say about big sam it's that he's probably the only english manager who is quite happy to tell the money to gently caress itself if it doesn't agree with him.

Otoh, this has clearly been his career ambition since he was young, and he might kowtow more than normal.

The whole reason they never employed Brian Clough was because he wouldn't toe the line.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Good. Now that's done i am putting this thread out of its misery.

All of you who said it's coming home are idiots.

Someone make a new England thread for this brave new era and the world cup qualifying which starts in September.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its coming home

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
it's coming home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008