Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if it makes you feel any better, completing the law and chaos routes unlocks some bonus demons for fusion in new game plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In related news they announced Persona 5 is coming out September 15...

...in Japan

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Pablo Gigante posted:

...in Japan

im hoping it comes out around when the new model of ps4 comes out because im selling mine and ill buy the new model of the ps4 and persona 5 since thats all i really want at this point lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pablo Gigante posted:

...in Japan

maybe this means winter release in the us

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

...in Japan

i dont think we'll have to wait too much longer. everyone loves persona

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im glad the ps4 is region free so i dont have to wait an extra year anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought at some point forever ago that part of the delay was making sure localization happened parallel to development so they could target a single release date. Maybe they just haven't announced the US/Euro versions yet

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I thought at some point forever ago that part of the delay was making sure localization happened parallel to development so they could target a single release date. Maybe they just haven't announced the US/Euro versions yet

I sure hope so.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

that would be nice. but i personally dont mind waiting a couple more months cos final fantasy 15 is out in september too.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
persona will kill ff if they release in the west at the same time imho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think you're overestimating how many normal people know about persona

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

doubt it. no1 is going to ignore final fantasy no matter what

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hubris.height posted:

I really doubt it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hmm maybe

actually, i think i'm underestimating how much jrpg fans are willing to pay for games in one month. i should look at ffxv and see if it looks good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

i ended up getting neutral on accident which was cool, because i got the cannon ending and dont' ahve to replay it. whew.

you can just watch the different endings on youtube.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

:troll:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

you can just watch the different endings on youtube.

unironically did this with smt4..i did not want to navigate that horrible overworld a second time

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

are people talking about the new p5 trailer in here or just the date announcement..... cuz whoo boy. im excited. its gonna be good.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lesbian baphomet posted:

are people talking about the new p5 trailer in here or just the date announcement..... cuz whoo boy. im excited. its gonna be good.

same

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmaoo

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
someone please help me, persona 5 looks too loving slick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's incredibly cool that they made such a stylish looking game for a turn based battle system

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

someone please help me, persona 5 looks too loving slick.

This is revolutionary

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

It's incredibly cool that they made such a stylish looking game for a turn based battle system

I love the UI

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
seemlessly leaving combat to run around while you read your level ups seem cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

hubris.height posted:

seemlessly leaving combat to run around while you read your level ups seem cool

I think it's a animation

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

yeah it definitely looks like he's just running in a circle around the camera point, not player controlled. but it'd be really cool if the camera goes straight back into the dungeon view once the results end

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rediscover posted:

I think it's a animation

oh really? it kinda looks like he's running in the world, but then it would have to do the so5 / tales of zestria "combat in your area" thing i guess

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i see it now

it still looks cool

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

oh really? it kinda looks like he's running in the world, but then it would have to do the so5 / tales of zestria "combat in your area" thing i guess

before the start of the gif there's a transition effect that covers the whole screen, so they're not literally walking right out of the combat positions/poses into the results. but it creates the same effect and looks great and it probably means they could use similar transitions to smoothly return to the actual dungeon world after

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
man all the extra time spent developing it is gonna pay off

they really looked at the problems in making a turn based game and seem to have addressed a bunch of them

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
that third gif has them seamlessly going from dungeon to combat, so going the other way around isn't out of the question.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Inflammatory posted:

that third gif has them seamlessly going from dungeon to combat, so going the other way around isn't out of the question.

i think its a trick of the eyes, because before combat there's a stairway, and it doesn't appear to be there in the combat scene

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

there's a fade into the battle scene background after the shadow's mask gets torn off, but the camera is looking up so you dont see the floor change. but its hard to notice and looks good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The game looks too good to be real. Even tghe promo art for the PErsonas and stuff looks like it cost millions of dollars to make... Unbelievable quality.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i think you're assuming too much competance on atlus a wholly owned subsidiary of sega ltd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sega does what Nintendon't.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

lesbian baphomet posted:

there's a fade into the battle scene background after the shadow's mask gets torn off, but the camera is looking up so you dont see the floor change. but its hard to notice and looks good

hubris.height posted:

i think its a trick of the eyes, because before combat there's a stairway, and it doesn't appear to be there in the combat scene

oh i thought we meant seamless as in no loading screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

unironically did this with smt4..i did not want to navigate that horrible overworld a second time

just take notes. its not like the locations change around randomly like the castle in harry potter or anything

• Locked thread