Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

ask them how to properly handle an exception, soon as they start talking let out a deep heavy sigh to let know that they're wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the correct answer is "very carefully"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Clockwerk posted:

ask them how to properly handle an exception, soon as they start talking let out a deep heavy sigh to let know that they're wrong

I ask this, but I expect to hear about exception vectors, saving context, and switching stacks and processor modes.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

during my last interview I was asked the "how do you make 5 gallons of water with a 1 gallon and a 3 gallon bucket" question directly out of die hard 3

it was awful so I recommend that

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
lol didnt even get a phone interview got fast tracked to on site :kamina:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tatsujin posted:

lol didnt even get a phone interview got fast tracked to on site :kamina:

this is more an indictment on the desperation of the company to fill a seat than it says about your actual talent

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

FopeDush posted:

during my last interview I was asked the "how do you make 5 gallons of water with a 1 gallon and a 3 gallon bucket" question directly out of die hard 3

it was awful so I recommend that

i thought it was 4 gal with 5 and 3 buckets

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

wait was the question to detect if you actually saw the movie because it's one of the best die hards, possibly two in the ranking

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

the answer is to piss in all the buckets

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

aeflux posted:

wait was the question to detect if you actually saw the movie because it's one of the best die hards, possibly two in the ranking

yeah seems legit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah making 5 gals with a 1 gal isn't even a challenge in any regard

um

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

yeah making 5 gals with a 1 gal isn't even a challenge in any regard

um

welcome to the corporate world

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
ideally I would hastily assemble a generic bucketing system to hold 5 gallons only to be told after completion that business requirements have changed and that the 5 gallon bucket should hold 7

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
make sure to patch your leaks in your bucket

burning swine
May 26, 2004

OK I forget the exact nature of the buckets it was 5 years ago. I checked after the interview though and it was exactly as stated in due hard 3

Also the guy who asked me that question got laid off 6 months later

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
was it for not shutting up about die hard

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

it is my favorite christmas movie :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008