Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Apparently they were all in agreement to accept a settlement, but then just one rejected the deal and it hosed them all.

Which makes me wonder if they'll be suing that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Well only the 3 who went with the guy owe the money. The other 37 or however many don't owe anything, as far as I can tell.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Phyzzle posted:

Which makes me wonder if they'll be suing that guy.

... So they will incur more legal cost suing someone who lost their child in the shooting?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Well only the 3 who went with the guy owe the money. The other 37 or however many don't owe anything, as far as I can tell.

They don’t owe anything, but he did cost them each fifteen hundred dollars in settlement money (ten thousand dollars each for the ones most seriously injured).

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Didn't the judge tell them they were probably going to lose if they didn't take the settlement and be on the hook for all that money, which is why they all bailed when the one idiot rejected it?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dpbjinc posted:

Didn't the judge tell them they were probably going to lose if they didn't take the settlement and be on the hook for all that money, which is why they all bailed when the one idiot rejected it?

This is exactly what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

According to that article the one guy was a woman who was left paralyzed and ended up miscarrying due to the shooting. I can understand feeling like someone should pay in that case, but i'm not really sure how the theater would be liable unless they had the emergency exits chained shut or something.

• Locked thread