Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoltec
Dec 9, 2014
Basic Info:

System Shock Two, successor to System Shock, is a first-person shooter from 1999 created by Ken Levine in conjunction with Irrational Games and Looking Glass. While primarily a first person shooter, it contains an immense level of depth of plot, leveling system, and class-based game play that modern games can barely hold a candle to, a progenitor of the FPS/RPG hybrid of today.

System Requirements

A Baked Potato

Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 2 GB

Plot Introduction:

The player is a member of the United Nations Nominate serving aboard the starship Von Braun 42 years after the events of System Shock. Awoken from cryo-sleep and augmented with several cybernetic implants, you find the ship in utter disarray. Thrust directly into the action you struggle to find answers and overcoming a multitude of obstacles along the way.

Personal Thoughts:

For a modern video game enthusiast such as myself, I did not expect nearly the slightest shred of what this piece evoked during my play-through. The nearest contemporary game which I have found to be even remotely similar would be the original Bioshock. Both containing the classic dual stats of Health and Mana/EVE/Psi Hypos in addition to a vending system, and security hacking. These are coupled with the dark and hopeless ambiance of an isolated environment with the player scrambling for ammunition and supplies, they make for an enjoyable experience. Yet for all of the polish found in the graphical improvements, game physics, and NPC behaviour or Bioshock, System Shock Two stands out as a pinnacle of achievement through its depth of leveling, class system, and multiple skill trees working to make each and every play-through utterly unique in your approach towards dispatching each and every adversary.

Conclusion:

All in all, I am sure a great many of you have already played this game but there still may be a number of you who have not. To those individuals: I highly encourage you to avoid that tithe for the latest AAA title, and instead spend the modest $9.99 (US) for this phenomenal game.

10/10

Steam Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238210/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cool, thanks bud.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Or you could, you know, not be a chump and get it at the same price from GOG instead: https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_2

That way you get it DRM free.

Stoltec
Dec 9, 2014

Soul Reaver posted:

Or you could, you know, not be a chump and get it at the same price from GOG instead: https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_2

That way you get it DRM free.

drat, where has this been all this time. Is their track record for customer support better than Valve?

• Locked thread