Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Dennis "Corin Tucker's Stalker" Farrell is my current favorite front page writer because of amazing stuff like this. This article nails so much; the beautiful world of self-published masterpiece comics we were all promised by E-book publishing and Adobe Illustrator? Turns out it has grimy low-effort misogynist underparts, just like every branch of entertainment that ever was. I'm just glad there are still critics like Farrell casting a disinfecting light on stuff, Pauline Kael would be proud.

Because, really... Goldilocks with a steampunk assault rifle on "Baby Bear"s bed. Something is definitely wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Antarctic Press has always mostly been about geek trend bandwagoning PG13 stuff. Hell, their first comic was Ninja High School which was basically a rip off of 80s anime and US Sci Fi. They have only gotten worse and more blatant about it since.

Grimm's stuff though? Jesus. Its so blatant about it. Like the Robyn Hood series internally is really good and in general its' covers are mostly not like most of the Zenescope stuff but.. with the covers most of them have like.. who is it for? Chronic Masturbators who have a comic shop but can't access the Internet? People who really want to jack/schlick it to sexified versions of Fairy Tale/Disney stuff? (On the upside at least unlike your average Hentai manga its not teenagers being raped repeatedly. So its only mostly icky instead of SOMEONE CALL CHRIS HANSEN?)

I just don't get it. Is there really a market for it that is willing to pay 4-5 bucks for 20-24 pages of this?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

There will always be a market of horny people who are mind bogglingly bad with money.

• Locked thread