Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Waltzing Along posted:

You should be able to infiltrate enemy bases and steal their clothes.

They'll never take my katanas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Feelin' swole today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
It's practically begging for reenactments of Cho Aniki.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Sometime between my last post and now (after taking a break and traveling), 1.3.0 dropped. The interface is a bit more streamlined, there are answer previews in the thought bubble, and hearts are faster.

E: and a big speech bubble button at the bottom to give a direct update on stuff that's happened lately. Maybe people wanted that?

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 30, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shigesato Itoi (the Earthbound guy) interviewed your pal and mine, Yoshio Sakamoto, about Miitomo; it's broken into a few different parts, updated more-or-less daily, and NOA has just started translating them: https://miitomo.com/en/talk/

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Shigesato Itoi (the Earthbound guy) interviewed your pal and mine, Yoshio Sakamoto, about Miitomo; it's broken into a few different parts, updated more-or-less daily, and NOA has just started translating them: https://miitomo.com/en/talk/

This is actually pretty interesting. I hope Itoi Asks becomes a thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is actually pretty interesting. I hope Itoi Asks becomes a thing.

Itoi's main gig is doing interviews in this style for his website, Hobonichi. He interviews all sorts of people but he has done a lot of Nintendo interviews over the years and a lot of them are still untranslated.

Incidentally, Itoi released his own social app about a month ago - it's called Dokonoko and it's ostensibly a database to help people keep track of their pets but it's really just Instagram for dogs: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dokonoko/id1079305396

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm unable to link my Miitomo account on my new phone. I get a message telling me that the account I is already linked to a different account. Please help!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A search online doesn't reveal anyone having the same issue as you, which either means that nobody used Miitomo long enough to switch phones (possible) or that you are doing something wrong (more likely). Use the sign in, not the link an account or whatever option.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

For reference,

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Not a single hit for that support code number either. Call Nintendo is my advice.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love these costumes. Halloween Miitomo best Miitomo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love that candy has a purpose now.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
The tablet decided to become a paperweight, but once that issue is resolved, I hope to be back in Miitomo soon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo stuff from Nintendos investor meeting:

quote:

We released Miitomo in March this year, and it will soon reach 15 million unique users. This title has not been impactful from a profit perspective, but the trends have been largely according to our expectations.

As our initial foray into the smart device business, Miitomo has focused on bringing Nintendo’s entertainment to as many people as possible across the world. Another main goal of Miitomo has been to let consumers connect with their friends. We are making preparations to allow friend relationships from Miitomo to be carried over to Super Mario Run. Since Super Mario Run has a mode where you can compete with other players, this means that active communication with your family and friends in Miitomo will lead to even more fun moments in Super Mario Run.

In order to enjoy Miitomo with your family and friends, we are planning a major update soon that will completely transform Miitomo by making communication with your friends even more fun. This update will introduce a unique message feature that lets you use your Mii character’s facial expressions and voice to send any message you want in expressive one-on-one communication. We are also planning additional features.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

A cute novelty.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Takoluka posted:

I love that candy has a purpose now.

What is it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miitomo got a big feature update today:

-direct messaging

-room customisation (wallpaper & floors via Miitomo Drop, turn photos into custom posters)

-Style Central (share, browse, award hearts to and buy user-submitted ensembles)

-Answer Central (answer featured questions, read worldwide responses, award hearts, etc

-Sidekick Miis (secondary Miis with their own room that can direct message & use Style Central)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently Nintendo also expanded their list of playable countries. It doesn't show on the official listing yet, but at least you can download and play Miitomo from the app store in Finland.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'mma send you all good messages.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Any goons available to friend and send messages to and fro with to unlock the Mario and Metroid wallpaper and flooring?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crawfish posted:

Any goons available to friend and send messages to and fro with to unlock the Mario and Metroid wallpaper and flooring?

Sure. I forgot how to add people in Miitomo though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah I don't know how to either.

I think I might have to send you an email with a link or something?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Back in the day the easiest way was adding mutual Twitter followers. I can't remember if they added anything easier since.

Edit: oh, here it is:
https://support.miitomo.com/en-US/faq#category6.question6

quote:

❶ From your Mii's room, select Friends.
❷ Select Add friends.
❸ Select Invite and choose whether to send via e-mail or SMS.
❹ A message including an invite link will be created.
❺ Send the message to your friend.

Once the other user taps on the link and follows the on-screen instructions to send you a friend request in Miitomo, you can accept their request and become friends in Miitomo.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 10, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Unmature posted:

What is it?

New game called Candy Drop where you spend candy trying to get normal Miitomo Drop tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I wish they would add more games besides the drops

• Locked thread