Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Probably Magic posted:

Why is it Tar Heels instead of just UNC?

because they call their football team unc.:shrug:

it's something I've been wondering myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
This is bORING

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the final four sucks every year as punishment for CBS/Turner refusing to let Gus Johnson do it

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Vegas is keeping the point spread at 12, I guess they figure that not even Boeheim can bs his way past two one seeds.

That said, I hate UNC enough to want to see them implode like Virginia did.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This game is cool.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Back to the previous game since I was out watching that:

That was one of the most surreal basketball games I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I've never seen any team shoot that well from the field in any game with any amount of importance behind it, and they did in the Final Four.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that feed out of the trap was a thing of beauty

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Diamond Joe should get Obama to deport the Syracuse team for failing him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crazy Ted posted:

Back to the previous game since I was out watching that:

That was one of the most surreal basketball games I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I've never seen any team shoot that well from the field in any game with any amount of importance behind it, and they did in the Final Four.

And the other team couldn't hit water from a boat, the difference was just amazing. The other team that happened to have the best shooter in college basketball.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

And the other team couldn't hit water from a boat, the difference was just amazing. The other team that happened to have the best shooter in college basketball.
It was like the Butler team from the UConn final went back in time and played the UNLV team that vaporized Duke.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

4 out of 13 from the line. Good job assholes.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

4 out of 13 from the line. Good job assholes.
It's almost as if these games should be held in a place where basketball is normally played.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

They should just start the game in the 2nd half with UNC up 20.

told you

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

It's almost as if these games should be held in a place where basketball is normally played.

Literally every team playing in this stadium aside from Nova has shot like poo poo right?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just saw the Villanova/Oklahoma score. :stare:

What the hell happened?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Just saw the Villanova/Oklahoma score. :stare:

What the hell happened?

Villanova used divine possession to overcome the depth perception issues of playing in a football stadium

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Ugh Cuse got nothing left. Good season fellas.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I read that jim nantz goes into restaurants and orders burnt toast

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Gonna be honest, I didn't watch one second of either of these games and it doesn't appear I missed much.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
LOL praising Roy Williams for overcoming his players' blatant cheating

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Heels. :)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Gonna be honest, I didn't watch one second of either of these games and it doesn't appear I missed much.

The first game was a hilarious monster beatdown which is always worth seeing on the big stage

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Tonight sucked. The women's tournament has been much better than the men's this year

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm a breakfast guy: three eggs scrambled, with bacon and wheat toast, burnt. The problem is, it never came back burnt. For years it would arrive limp and tan, which brought breakfast to a standstill when I sent the toast back. It was costing me 10 minutes a day, which, multiplied by six days a week, is four hours a month. That's 48 hours—two full days—per year. My friends, time is currency. My wife, Courtney, got tired of hearing me complain about it. She found a photograph on the Internet of a kitchen toaster ejecting two slices of burnt toast. She minimized it, printed it out and had it laminated. She insisted I put it in my wallet. When I order, I present the photo to my server. I get some strange looks, but I can assure you, the toast now arrives black and scary, just the way I like it.

- jim nantz

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I read that jim nantz goes into restaurants and orders burnt toast

it's the only dark thing that he likes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What a great Final Four full of total drubbings by the higher seeds.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
This UConn-Oregon State game is now Mario Party, wherein fouls are just called randomly to give the game some fun

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Everything was going okay for Oregon State for most of first half. They did a lot to shut down the inside game, Breanna Stewart went scoreless, and their guards were able to penetrate offensively.

Too bad UConn went on that 15-2 run to blow up the game

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Henchman of Santa posted:

The first game was a hilarious monster beatdown which is always worth seeing on the big stage
Once Villanova could set the score it stopped being good, entertaining basketball

this, however, does not mean it wasn't fun, because it's really fun to watch a team dominate so thoroughly

(this is why it's fun to watch the UConn women)

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

What if they just sent this UConn women's team to the Rio Olympics? Would they win it all there?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Democrazy posted:

What if they just sent this UConn women's team to the Rio Olympics? Would they win it all there?

Probably. Team USA is full of UCONN women I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

You're not gonna win a lot of games wherein your opponent is shooting 46% from the arc

• Locked thread