Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

synpe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

fancy scroll wheels miss the point that you already have something larger that you use to translate motion into screen changes

good for your program with a scroll bar i guess

also "ratchet scroll a little or whip it to scroll a lot" is both intuitive and objectively better than taking your eyes off the content to diddle with the ui

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

flakeloaf posted:

also "ratchet scroll a little or whip it to scroll a lot" is both intuitive and objectively better than taking your eyes off the content to diddle with the ui

i blame apple for programs without scroll bars and also loving up the scrolling direction

it's so bad now that the brand new machines at the gym i use have the down arrow mean "increase" as in the resistance or tv channel

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fancy scroll works gr8 and its the reason everyone only looks at Logitech for mice.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i was thinking of games or photoshop when you're working over here and the scroll bar's way the eff over there, but yeah windows that ought to have scroll bars but don't, or they do but they scroll in some stupid number of clicks (1 when it should be 3, 3 when it should be lots) are annoying too, especially if the designers knew their scroll bar was bad and "solved it" by giving it buttons you can click to make it seem less bad

i have no idea why macs scroll backwards unless it's just to help people Think Different

this reminds me of an a4 ps/2 mouse i had with two scroll wheels, one for vertical and the other for horizontal scrolling, because that was a thing people did in the win 3.11 days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
osx unnatural scrolling is a defect created by the hack jony ives

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i need a new wired mouse that is going to last a while and doesn't look like FATAL1TY crap

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

flakeloaf posted:

i was thinking of games or photoshop when you're working over here and the scroll bar's way the eff over there

my opinion is that middle click and hold should be the hand/grab tool so you can pan around from anywhere inside the content with 1 click

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i've held the really bulky sculpt mouse too and it also feels nice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i have a 502 but i loving hate the buttons on it, and a 400s that is kinda wearing out and i still hate wires

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i like the trackpad on my macbook pro, and also my logitech marathon mouse m705.

i have a magic mouse too but i don't really like it that much.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i have some wireless microsoft thing that's been pretty good

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

logitech still makes the g700, op

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

i like the performance mx :shrug:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

g402. gamer crap, but it's not too bad.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

THC posted:

logitech still makes the g700, op

SO DEMANDING posted:

G700/G700s are idiot gamer garbage that would be just OK except they have to be recharged every 2-3 loving days

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

i like the performance mx :shrug:
utter trash. bad shape, poor QA, and everything about the mousewheel is terrible. middle-click is mush (assuming it works at all, see "poor QA"), side-scrolling has no tactile feedback at all, and it is made of cheap lovely plastic instead of metal like every other logitech mouse with the fancy scrollwheel

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sorry did not read thread

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

SO DEMANDING posted:

utter trash. bad shape, poor QA, and everything about the mousewheel is terrible. middle-click is mush (assuming it works at all, see "poor QA"), side-scrolling has no tactile feedback at all, and it is made of cheap lovely plastic instead of metal like every other logitech mouse with the fancy scrollwheel

side scrolling is bad but otoh i don't use side scrolling, sorry about your non-widescreen monitor or artistic job/hobbiesi guess?

everything else though: disagree, every mx revolution i had had a busted middle click in a couple of months but no issues with the performance in 6 years.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

flakeloaf posted:

what happens if u nae nae

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

just looked at my logitech mouse. it's an m-u0007. god bless logitech for having two different kinds of model numbers for everything

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

it would be a good mouse if the side buttons were better positioned and it didn't have those retarded sensitivity changing buttons on the top.

you can (and should) reprogram them into volume buttons

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i don't need volume buttons on my mouse.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

actually,

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

its legit great, i had it that was on my mx1100 and i got really used to it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why would i ever want that? also i have volume controls elsewhere

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

maniacdevnull posted:

its legit great, i had it that was on my mx1100 and i got really used to it

i just reach up, behind my keyboard, and change the volume on my Marantz 2230, OP

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i just ring a bell, which signals my trained monkey to fetch my knob attendant servant/slave who adjusts the $500 wooden volume knob on my stereo

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lotta dopes itt

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

SWITCH TO COMMAND MODE

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

i just reach up, behind my keyboard, and change the volume on my Marantz 2230, OP

pwned hard tbh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

horse mans posted:

logitech used to be good

every thing i've bought from them in the past three years has been half working cheap plastic crap

where have ya been friend

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shaggar posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

had a mx anywhere mouse that I replaced with another mx anywhere when the buttons wore out (after like a year)

turns out they used micro switches that weren't really rated for enough cycles because lol race to the bottom

yeah after this I guess I'll get a Microsoft mouse?

• Locked thread