Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hinata has no idea what Ryohei's schedule is all about. He doesn't ever complain, though - traveling all over Rokugan was what he signed up for, after all. He's been sticking by Momo and Oboro since Ryoko Owari, though, trying to impress them whenever possible. "I've never been to any of the Phoenix lands! What're they like, Momo-chan?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/JpCQ5QY.png][/timg]

Sayaka waits for Seppun-sama's next scheme. She still doesn't know if he is a lucky fool or a secret tactician, but if she can get more real work done like she had been able to do in Ryoko Owari, this trip would be worth it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Momo says quietly in confidence to Oboro, "Oh, we have weeks, I'm sure it'll turn up?", putting on a hopeful face.

------

"Oh, I grew up in Phoenix lands, my father is an ambassador.", Momo offers to Hinata. "So... everyplace else is a bit more..." She trails off on that. "... well. It's very peaceful. I mean, I've never seen such a fuss as we went through in Ryoko Owari. And learning is valued so much more. I didn't know there were so may peasants that don't know how to read, or to count coins. There nearly everybody does. I'm a little surprised, shouldn't they know how to, at least to just read the Tao?" She smiles sheepishly. "But it's not my place to judge how other people rule their lands." A slight pause. "And shugenja are much more common, of course! I didn't know until our travels that what I did was considered all that unusual... I mean, I'm familiar with the element of Air, but I'm lacking in so many other ways. There are people that can do much more wondrous things than I can! The kami tend to be a little more helpful, since they often had more relationships with mankind there." She clasps her hands. "Oh, and the sushi is... the Phoenix don't have to cover up the taste with spices or sauces. It's all very fresh since you're right next to the coast, much like on the Crane coast. And the forests are beautiful, especially in winter."

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

The journey to Kyuden Asako passes all too quickly--especially since despite your best efforts, you're none of you able to find any sign of the sort of hat Ryohei is known for wearing. Ryohei himself remains habitually cheerful, not seeming to notice any of the minor inconveniences that travel inevitably throws into the path of the traveler.

The lands of the Phoenix are known for their natural beauty, and traveling through them is a pleasant enough experience. Kyuden Asako itself is everything you'd expect of a Great Clan's Kyuden, and you are met by a retinue of Phoenix bushi. Ryohei's hat has still made no appearance.

"Honored guests," speaks the leader of the retinue, bowing deeply. "I am Shiba Barahime. May I have your names, that I may convey them to my lord with news of your arrival?"

Ryohei sits up straighter, looking eager.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Momoirobara relaxes a bit upon getting to travel through Crane and Phoenix lands, at least. Here, at least, she can take charge of things like seeing to gifts and other matters of etiquette. It's a good way to keep herself distracted from her predicament, at least.

Arriving is a further relief, and she actually seems to have relaxed... or let her guard down, depending on how you look at it. A bow to the guard, and she says, "This is Seppun Ryohei, Kakita Keiichi, Shosuro Sayaka, Himura Oboro, Kuni Kaede, Toku Hinata..." Lord first, then ordered roughly according to the Tournament of the Kami, and of course- "... and I am Doji Momoirobara." - leaving herself for last. "We are honored by your courtesy and vigilance, Shiba."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Oboro is happy to leave the introductions and formalities to Momoirobara. She bows appropriately, but keeps one eye on Ryohei, just in case.

In contrast to the Crane, Oboro has been feeling increasingly out of place as they move further into these prosperous, well-manicured lands. Even the inns have been nice enough that she's been reluctant to touch anything. The Crab has mostly perked up with the occasional setback where she's had to break trail or do some physical feat - like that washed out bridge a few days back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Ryohei seems to be almost bouncing up and down in his excitement. Fortunately, he's not currently wearing a hat--so that can't be what he's excited about.

Right?

• Locked thread