Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'm away for Xmas so the next update is going to be couple of days off (You may notice I also usually take the weekends off too). Feel free to talk among yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
This feels extremely relevant to adventuring. https://youtu.be/wkz4__r1VmU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Would Anna's heal bring Crutlin back into the fight?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Because he brought a heal and didn't state an action in Round one I'm going to retcon it so he was on full when hit by that Flame Strike which will mean he isn't unconscious and in need of immediate assistance to stop going backwards. In general the Paragon Heal will restore someone to full HP (less 1-4 HP). Whether this also restores consciousness and fighting ability without further intervention is a matter of DM interpretation. I usually go with what ever builds drama the most.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'm a little concerned regarding Snivick and Crutlin. If it is RP drama then play on! Crutlin will certainly have an interesting time of it during the training he is about to undertake.

My NPCs often behave in confrontational ways. It is generally the result of reaction rolls and previously determined characteristics (also usually by dice roll). If you would like your fantasy world to be slightly less full of jerks I can certainly dial it back a bit.

You can wait to find this out IC if you prefer.

There is considerable irony in calling Snivick a coward (or indeed greedy) as he has been forced by Martha to stop adventuring due to a number of deaths as a result of rash decisions and reckless behaviour.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The impression I get is that clerics and paladins get increasingly weird due to being in close contact with their god and thus tend to become caricatures to an extent.

Not that the standard for 'normal' is particularly high around here.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I also like the fact that you roll for reactions. It means that Charisma is not just a dump stat (Says the man playing a paladin)

Also I like the fact that Crutlin is like some sort of Tom cat always ready to brawl even with bigger cats

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
So long as we are all having fun. I have my hands on the controls and can turn this ship around.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Cartoon, do you have any problem with Anna weird loan idea? I was just trying to simplify splitting the loot while also being able to raise funds to resurrect Cosmo.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I don't. Martha is the one you are asking. I'd be a little careful of the urge to mindlessly loot hoover.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

So how do you want to go about Anna's whole "magical steed" adventure now that she has reached level 4?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I was thinking that you, or your mentor might have a vision provided by Hassia of the location and circumstances of your mount. I will roll to determine what the mount is and put something together based on that. I already have a bit of a plan but :rolldice: rule my world.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Is there any risk of the sword outsmarting Anna and controlling her as a puppet?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Skellybones posted:

Is there any risk of the sword outsmarting Anna and controlling her as a puppet?

That wouldn't be terribly difficult

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Skellybones posted:

Philo's already volunteering himself for a magical consultation, given he's the sort to worry about everything. By the way, since the dead NPC has imposed some budgetary constraints, I should ask how much I'll need to level up, so I can hold onto just enough for that.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
By the grace of Mosus, Walago will only charge you 2000 gold.

Skellybones posted:

Do I look like that sort of DM?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Should we look into that other first-level passageway that we thought led into wererat town?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If you're asking me I'll roll the dice for you.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Skellybones posted:

Should we look into that other first-level passageway that we thought led into wererat town?

To be honest, I have forgotten which one you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The second set of stairs down in the middle top.

• Locked thread