Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean, it's got to be in the works, right? Like, they'll be investigating a crime scene and Ice-T (played by Ice-T in the show) will put on the headset and figure out who the killer was somewhow. The episode will end on a foreboding note somewhow. Will that mean that mean that VR has "made it" or will it mean the opposite thing? I am just asking questions here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

tomoroww

Aug 4, 2010

i think they already made that episode

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
In 10 years when old people start to become aware of them

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plcIQgX-kbo

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Television is for garbage people, furthermore...

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Television owns, idiot

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Are those real lines from the show?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/UD6LjiZU0p-x.jpg

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Mordja posted:

How long until we see one of those VR headsets on Law and Order: SVU?

Probably never cuz CSI New York already had a goddamn holodeck.

The only episode I've seen of CSI Cyber was the season (and probably series) finale. It wasn't quite as crazy as the ep in this vid but pretty close. They "hacked" to change the password on every home's router in a three mile area just to make a phone call to someone who had his phone in airplane mode, which of course they somehow knew. It wasn't even portrayed as their 1337 feat for the day, they just used their supercomputers to magically do it in a few seconds.

All throughout the episode they flash bullshit definitions onscreen for the seniors watching the show, and everyone gives questionable explanations for everything they say even on terms anyone born in the last half century should be familiar with. It comes off like a bizarre educational video by someone who couldn't be arsed to do any research. Wish I'd known about this show earlier, I've been missing out.

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate
Enhance

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man1oy4Xh_0

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

whoah nice .who can name all the game in there i think i recognise 2 or maybe 5

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
How long until we see YOU on L&O:SVU, OP, you rapist piece of poo poo!!!!!!

You maek me loving sick!!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I want to see Ice T in that suit they released in Japan this week. The one with the Oculus Rift and the light up rubber boobs to grope and the robot arm that fleshlights your donger.

I can't be the only one who read that article and immediately imagined Ice T in it.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
one time i got drunk and paid money for the ice t d&d audiobook

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Can the thread be nothing but these?
I loving love these

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
ive never even played d&d

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Murder She Wrote was way ahead of the curve on this.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Now is the perfect time for the return of TekWar!

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
The episode would center around Benson while she fights with Carisi about "street justice" meanwhile Ice-T nephew is lured in a separate cut sequence, into the dark underworld of VR Headsets and he stumbles into software that mimics rapes that were cold cases from NYPD SUV

*Boom*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Phobic Nest posted:

Probably never cuz CSI New York already had a goddamn holodeck.

The only episode I've seen of CSI Cyber was the season (and probably series) finale. It wasn't quite as crazy as the ep in this vid but pretty close. They "hacked" to change the password on every home's router in a three mile area just to make a phone call to someone who had his phone in airplane mode, which of course they somehow knew. It wasn't even portrayed as their 1337 feat for the day, they just used their supercomputers to magically do it in a few seconds.

All throughout the episode they flash bullshit definitions onscreen for the seniors watching the show, and everyone gives questionable explanations for everything they say even on terms anyone born in the last half century should be familiar with. It comes off like a bizarre educational video by someone who couldn't be arsed to do any research. Wish I'd known about this show earlier, I've been missing out.

Computer science fiction

• Locked thread