Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

Isnt that article or whatever known to be a joke or made up or something?

Well at least exaggerated. You can't really drop acid everyday and have it still affect you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

drunk dog posted:

dont know if this is blank for just me or not thanks radium but here is a link to the picture

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1148224.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Hunter-S-Thompson.jpg

its showing up now that i changed it from [img] to [timg] and then edited it twice

its blank again

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Also his account of running for sheriff is p. interesting, have no idea which book it's in though

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
the hunter S thompson stage of adolescence is fun at the time but slightly embarrassing in hindsight )^=

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I ate a half oz of mushrooms and drank tea made from another half oz of mushrooms and had a very bad trip and realized later that it completely mirrored the viewing experience of the film fear and loathing in las vegas

Oh man this is gonna be good

Oh poo poo it's kickin in

Oh poo poo this is great

Haha gently caress boys this is awesome

Huh what's happenin now

Ugh ok this is starting to get uncomfortable

Whoah ok this is no bueno

gently caress me this is fuckin terrible

Oh god when will this be over

Fuckin KILL ME

I SAID KILL ME YOU FUCKIN COWARD OF A GOD

hmm ok things are settlin down a bit now

Ugh Busey

Hmm I think it's almost over

Well that was awesome right? i mean i must have enjoyed it if I blew an entire afternoon doing it, right? Can't wait to do t again fellas ok lets smoke a doobie and listen to rubber soul

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Gotta respect a man who can still shoot a gun straight on all those drugs

HST on his cocaine mountain.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

he seemed like a really smart and interesting dude back when he wrote his books and stuff, but everything from his recent years before his death just made him seem like a half senile weird right wing gun nut

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
coffee at 4:95?
Must be last nights acid loving up the time stream.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i like the venture bros version better

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Fonzarelli posted:

he seemed like a really smart and interesting dude back when he wrote his books and stuff, but everything from his recent years before his death just made him seem like a half senile weird right wing gun nut

Time and drugs caught up with him, he was done after 1983. I do sorta respect* the way he died, he at least chose not to linger into a dementia addled old man pissing himself. (*The whole wife finding the mess kind of ruined it a bit. Take that poo poo outside or at least give warning, don't make your exploded head traumatize someone for life.)

He had an amusing 20 year run. Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trial 72' is still worth reading as are his coked out letter from early 70's. poo poo still amuses me. This one was to Anthony Burgess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

They really shot his ashes out of a cannon as he requested, which I thought was pretty cool.

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail is amazing. I would have loved to have seen the Hunter who wrote that cover this political season.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Un-l337-Pork posted:

They really shot his ashes out of a cannon as he requested, which I thought was pretty cool.

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail is amazing. I would have loved to have seen the Hunter who wrote that cover this political season.

His little coda about the Bush presidency at the end of his last book is pretty good. I'm sure he would have come up with entertaining ways to call everyone pigs and whores for both the subsequent election cycles.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoy reading his posts on the toilet

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

dad gay. so what posted:

I enjoy reading his posts on the toilet

this but not you. and never

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
too bad he turned one of those guns on himself with his son in the house

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
the most striking thing even more so than all the drugs and the scotch snow-cones is the fettuccine alfredo in the hot tub at 6am

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
HST getting drunk and shooting poo poo with Conan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNEImAIM4L4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
Poor man is a slave to his desires, A wise virtuous man like I live in my mom's basement but avoid the debasement... of my soul

• Locked thread