Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I didn't enjoy that but Spurs are drat good it must be said. Keeps the title exciting :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What happened to Man United? Their whole squad is poo poo unknown players. Finishing 5th would be overachieving if anything.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

jyrka posted:

What happened to Man United? Their whole squad is poo poo unknown players. Finishing 5th would be overachieving if anything.

i agree. lvg is overperforming and should be in charge for a thousand thousand years

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the unknown minnows of manchester united have only spent £500m on players in the past two seasons

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

vyelkin posted:

gently caress manchester united imo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

straight up brolic posted:

the unknown minnows of manchester united have only spent £500m on players in the past two seasons

It would be hilarious if it weren't sad that United pissed away a combined 29 million quid on Rojo and Darmian, for instance.

jyrka posted:

What happened to Man United? Their whole squad is poo poo unknown players.

Actually the kids are generally outperforming many of the veterans and big money buys. If anything they should play more!

Today United's whole defence fell apart after Fosu-Mensah went off injured.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 10, 2016

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jyrka posted:

Its really incredible there is some new player with a made up name each week

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Serious question did Borthwick Jackson die?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Haha get hosed United

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

And the more famous players are very average and should be playing for Fulham or Newcastle.

I don't see a way for them to become 'a big club' again. Terrible squad.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jyrka posted:

And the more famous players are very average and should be playing for Fulham or Newcastle.

I don't see a way for them to become 'a big club' again. Terrible squad.

Shocking how poor players like Rojo and Blind are. This franchise is going to lose fans soon.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

Shocking how poor players like Rojo and Blind are. This franchise is going to lose fans soon.

Rojo is there because of superagent Jorge Mendes and Blind because LVG is mates with his dad. Just shows what happens when you buy players for reasons other than merit. What a mismanaged mess!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Blind isn't terrible, he's just not a center half. Rojo is dogshit, though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
LVG is a brilliant manager to be doing as well as he has been. I've been saying it all season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rojo is amazingly bad.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

African AIDS cum posted:

football manager regens irl

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
mesah whatever his name is was loving great today, then he went off and spurs scored 3

makes
u
think

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol United are terrible.

Liverpool on the other hand own. Allen, Origi, Ojo and Stewart really stood out today. I honestly think Allen has done enough to stay at the club. Every time he's played under Klopp he's done the exact job he's there for. With Henderson out he should start imo.

I've also done a complete 180 on Origi. He looked raw as gently caress without any confidence at the start of the season but now he's a threat every time he gets the ball. He's got pace, power, good on the ball and a great work rate.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol United are terrible.

Liverpool on the other hand own. Allen, Origi, Ojo and Stewart really stood out today. I honestly think Allen has done enough to stay at the club. Every time he's played under Klopp he's done the exact job he's there for. With Henderson out he should start imo.

I've also done a complete 180 on Origi. He looked raw as gently caress without any confidence at the start of the season but now he's a threat every time he gets the ball. He's got pace, power, good on the ball and a great work rate.

Allen does a great job at running around and getting in people's way. He's like a little terrier. Quite happy for him to stay next season as a rotation option.

Origi's been fantastic since Klopp came in.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
One day Allen will get the ring to Mount Doom and then he'll be no good for anything anymore but in the meantime let's keep him.

Origi owns.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

EvilHawk posted:

Allen does a great job at running around and getting in people's way

This is exactly what I don't remember him doing under Rodgers. Though thats probably because Can enables it rather than Gerrard or Henderson.

Also I hope the club are finding a way to give Divock some of Big Ben's wages, cos he is doing the job we bought that big lump for.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Yeah can't deny I judged Origi too quickly. All that about him being in the worst 11 in Ligue 1 last year, and a history of shite squad player forwards going back as far as I can remember, I didn't have much hope he was gonna do anything. But he's really exceeding expectations, it's great.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Allen is brilliant for Wales even when surrounded by League One garbagemen. Send him home, please.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You can have Henderson instead.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

ChrisXP posted:

This is exactly what I don't remember him doing under Rodgers. Though thats probably because Can enables it rather than Gerrard or Henderson.

Also I hope the club are finding a way to give Divock some of Big Ben's wages, cos he is doing the job we bought that big lump for.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Xabi posted:

You can have Henderson instead.

I like Henderson and there is clearly a good player there but he's really regressed since that Suarez season and I'd actually consider taking Allen over him.

Hopefully we buy an outrageously good cm to play alongside Can for next season

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
When Hendo has recovered fully he'll be back to being insanely sick, don't be gay as a pejorative

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hes not very good and i'm glad he's injured and won't play for england in the summer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

he's really regressed since that Suarez season

Most players on Liverpool have regressed since that season and that's because Suarez made them all look better than they were.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Most players on Liverpool have regressed since that season and that's because Suarez made them all look better than they were.

I agree with that to a certain extent but the main thing that hosed up Henderson was that heel injury imo.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Maybe this wasn't the game to watch

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

8raz posted:

Maybe this wasn't the game to watch

Yeah its pretty awful. Although gayle just almost scored an overhead.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
McCarthy is an incredibly retarded person

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Zaha could look up when passing or crossing he might be a player.

Common English problem.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
E: Wrong thread! These teams are boring

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Showed up in time to see Wickham put a terrible header over the bar.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gtkor posted:

Showed up in time to see Wickham put a terrible header over the bar.

also seconds too late to see wickham take an airshot from 4 yards

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

There's a BPL match going right now?!

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Puncheon probably deserves better than Palace at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

sassassin posted:

If Zaha could look up when passing or crossing he might be a player.

Common English problem.

Alli seems to not have this, Sterling sort of doesn't his problem is more just that he runs like a spastic and surprises his own self with his actions, it's like anti-vision.

• Locked thread