Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

"Dalen?! Ugh! That's just perfect!" Sephy throws her hands up in disgust.

"That guy and his STUPID pet theories about the lore, and his CONSTANT arguments about them. Do you know he believes the Nisse aren't the old builders, but ascended PETS kept by the ancients?! URGH!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Luc1na pops a cake pop in her mouth, though her expression suggests even she's done with sugary stuff for a while. "Oh yeah, didn't he have like a chart? Or a timeline. It was pretty slick." She notices Sephy's tail bristling and changes the subject, quickly.

"Anyways, if its the same Morepork, I know the guy. He's with De Chelonian Mobile, in the Regiment subguild. They're solid raiders, and they were into the lore - sort of? They were always on about a bunch of weird RP stuff, though it didn't sound exactly like the - uh, stuff - Sephy talked about."

"I'm surprised he came up here though. Morepork did a lot of administrative stuff for them, and ran their war room - you know, the army minigame. He wasn't bad in regular stuff. Musketeer class, the close combat bayonet build. But it seems kind of a waste for him to be way out here in the middle of nowhere?"

She glances at the Nurbegorg leader. "Uh, no offense."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

"DarkbladeXx is a griefer supreme. Knew him before that actually; at one point he was almost pretty cool and he chilled with us a bit, but over time he just got nastier. Now, I like a good prank and all, but he always took it too far. Also, if you couldn't tell by the name, he was always kinda young. I didn't know him personally or anything, but if he's actually traveling with a group - and one relatively focused on lore and roleplaying and such - then something weird is going on. Or hey, maybe he's changed - it can happen. So...we're gonna go try to save them, right?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

"Dalen...", Grid mumbles, and squints. There's the glimpse of something deadly happening, like a sword being driven through her- but that didn't make him stand out. Having that kind of vision wasn't unique to him. After all, some of those present had triggered similar... dreams?

"... I think he came to one of my parties once?", she says, halting through ending the existence of an oversized candy cane. Her eyes drift away, and her appetite actually seems to slow after that, munching away more glumly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Nurbegorg nods. "None taken."

The little creatures direct you up towards the mountain...but without the Envoy to take you, it's not going to be an easy trip. The trees give way to steep, snow-coated cliffs very quickly, and unlike the ice giants, you can't just walk up them - or ride the pinedeer as the Nurbegorg do. Only Sephy would be anywhere near light enough to try that.

If you want to go after Dalen's party and reach the lairs of the Ice Giants and the Wintersmith, you're going to have to figure out how to get up those cliffs.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"I could throw all of you.", Grid says confidently in dead seriousness as she cradles a jug of sweetnog she brought along. Like you do. "Or I could just bring the mountain down closer..."

Neither is likely the ideal solution.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Luc1na leans back and looks up, frowning. "Well, maybe you can throw one of us and they can lower a rope?"

"Or - there's a lot of snow up there." She pulls out her rifle. "I could maybe get some of it to fall and make a ramp."

These are probably not great ideas either.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"Less fun.", Grid admits, looking over to Luc1na with a slight pout of disappointment. "But I suppose I could toss just one of you." She looks across the gathered adventurers, as if evaluating their aerodynamic properties.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

"I might be able to rig something up to help lift everyone, but I'd have to get to the top to set it up--and I'm not keen on being thrown," Sephy muses. "Maybe something like a ski lift or an elevator..." She pulls out a notebook and starts sketching designs.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Kawaii starts taking out climbing tools.

"Now, TECHNICALLY this is meant to be used for the Burglar subclass, but a) they never really got around to finishing programming it, and more importantly, b) we gotta start learning to think outside the rules. Right then!"

He takes out all the equipment...and dumps it on the floor.

"If one of you wants to use that, go for it. Grid - I volunteer for the tossing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Grid beams toothily, and puts her hands on her hips. "Okay!" Hopefully, Kawaii's packed for the journey, since she takes him by the shoulders, bowing gracefully as she swings her leg out slightly. There's a slight pause for tension, then she whips her arms upwards as her airborne foot plants into the ground hard enough to make a divot as she swings backwards, tossing Kawaii backwards and overhead towards the mountain.

Bent far enough back at the conclusion that she's almost looking upside down, she puts her hand to her brow as she watches. "Do enjoy the trip!"

Rolling Blood for the toss, and getting a 9.

• Locked thread