Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dr. Faustus posted:

Being the awesome and totally not douche-y person Blastron is, maybe they'll tweet that to Terry for us and try to make it happen. Because lecturing the executive producers on how to properly create their art is definitely a cool thing to do and not the behavior of a complete tool.

P.S. - "We'll miss you for Season Three" is definitely sarcasm because no, he won't; and no, we wouldn't either.

Jesus Christ lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Watched Sharknado 3 yesterday and it was surprisingly entertaining. Don't think I've ever seen so many celebrities in one movie. Watching 4 tomorrow.

Tonight we watched Lavalantula and that was fun too. I have 2lava 2lantula recorded, probably watch it next weekend.

edit; oops, wrong thread!!

wormil fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 8, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Steve Guttenberg is a national treasure. I listened to him on some podcast and they wanted him to headline the original Sharknado but he declined and said he majorly regretted it.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

wormil posted:

Watched Sharknado 3 yesterday and it was surprisingly entertaining. Don't think I've ever seen so many celebrities in one movie. Watching 4 tomorrow.

I enjoyed the first 3. They're completely stupid, but at least they were fun. Sharknado 4 was just stupid, and not at all fun.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not caught up yet, but I just got to the time loop episode. I love time loops episodes. This is gonna rule.

Edit: oh my god Jennifer Goines just quoted Groundhog Day. Amazing.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 8, 2016

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Snak posted:

Edit: oh my god Jennifer Goines just quoted Groundhog Day. Amazing.

Won't be her last popular culture reference....

About the time loop episode : It was a very strong episode but I didn't completely understand why Time wouldn't allow such big changes in time so Time resets itself. That was Season 1. Right?
But in Season 2 we get Paradoxes and the End of Time... which is arguably worse don't ya think?

12 Monkeys have been pretty consistent about "Da Rulez" of Time Travel in their universe, but I think this is one case where they break earlier established rules.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My problem with Lavalantula is that it should be Lavarantula. What's a talantula?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Does Lavalantula Crockett have a pet lavalligator?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Evernoob posted:

Won't be her last popular culture reference....

About the time loop episode : It was a very strong episode but I didn't completely understand why Time wouldn't allow such big changes in time so Time resets itself. That was Season 1. Right?
But in Season 2 we get Paradoxes and the End of Time... which is arguably worse don't ya think?

12 Monkeys have been pretty consistent about "Da Rulez" of Time Travel in their universe, but I think this is one case where they break earlier established rules.

It would have destroyed time travel. Well, at least the Dr. Jones side of it, I suppose the Mr. Jones time travel stuff might still exist. Basically, removing Dr. Jones from creating time travel is so totally abhorrent that time was simply not letting it happen. It has kind of implied that Time has some agency. It's not total control though, so it can't repeat/fix paradoxes that involve a person being killed by their own sternum. But a huge disruption of causality like Dr. Jones saving her daughter is actually something it can fight back against.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So no Time for love, Dr. Jones?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Any of the last 3 episodes would have been strong season finales. Definitely called the identity of the Witness as he was being conceived, though. I feel lile season 2 seemed weaker than season 1 overall, but it finished really strong. Resurrection was such a great episode. Jennifer Goines doesn't get enough development, but when she does, its really great.

Her speech was really good too. I like how Cassie seems to recognize it, but obviously none lf the other characters do.

Edit: also Dr. Jones turning into a badass was great.

And Deacon was really entertaining in the last few episodes as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

And Deacon was really entertaining in the last few episodes as well.

Television will never bless us with another character as wonderful as Deacon ever again.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Television will never bless us with another character as wonderful as Deacon ever again.

Yes, he's right up there with my other favorite characters in Syfy : Jayne and Amos. (Classic and New)
Jennifer is in a league of her own now though.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

What made Deacon great is he was built up as this total rear end in a top hat warlord psychopath, a real bad guy that Cole and Ramse ran from. He shows up, guns blazing, takes over the Facility, and then he's like "eh, whatever" and just starts helping out. By the end he's a beloved hero.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And you see he is still fuckballs crazy, like when he escaped from the guy who tried to kill him and gave Ramse and Cole a pass because he would have done the same thing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It wasn't even like, a reveal that he survived the Foreman in a later episode. They basically got done telling Jones that they had Deacon killed and Deacon just walks in covered in blood like "yeah I'm not that easy to kill" and that's the end of it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dude just wanted to drink some whiskey and have a swordfight

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Based on prior data I have concluded that Deacon survived his multiple stab wounds.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Hey everyone you know that everyone can be Time Saved right as evidenced by Many Many Episodes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Based on prior data I have concluded that Deacon survived his multiple stab wounds.

Think about it: the Deacon the came back from the Foreman actually could have been the Deacon that survived the acolytes at Titan.

But no really, I'll believe we've seen the last of Deacon when the show ends.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

grilldos posted:

Hey everyone you know that everyone can be Time Saved right as evidenced by Many Many Episodes.

I want Michael Hogan back.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hell the fact the Jones remembers being annihilated in the time-storm and Cassie remembers living in the house with Cole is loving time-ghost pregnant!! proves that all bets are off.

Like next season Deacon could show up as a literal ghost and be like "I'm the echo of a me that never was. A man who made peace with himself in a world that never existed" and then shoot a motherfucker in the face and vanish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Like next season Deacon could show up as a literal ghost and be like "I'm the echo of a me that never was. A man who made peace with himself in a world that never existed" and then shoot a motherfucker in the face and vanish.

*in every single episode of the season.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Quantum Leap reboot starring Deacon.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I liked Quantum Leap back when it first aired.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Christopher Lloyd has joined the cast for next season.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

GreenNight posted:

That's cool news. When's the new season going to air?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Snak posted:

Quantum Leap reboot starring Deacon.

I suppose the answer to an innumerable amount of dilemmas could in fact be ruthless murder. I'd watch it.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

GreenNight posted:

At first I thought you were trolling, and it would have been a good one as I was under the impression CL had already passed away.
But no! Good news he's alive and kicking and I think he would perfectly fit in the cast.

(PS : I hope somehow Colonel Tigh makes it back)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Anything is possible. Even a Back To The Future/12 Monkeys tie-in.

(Dr. Brown creates the splinter machine, Dr. Jones creates the serum. :getin:)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Christopher Lloyd as future Cole?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The only spoiler I've seen concerning his character is that he's the father of pallid man

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well of course he is. :allears:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Hi I just started season 2 and wanted to know if Cole and Cassandra get together this season. If they don't I'm not watching anymore. Thanks in advance for all your help,

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Them getting together changes the course of history itself.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

indigi posted:

Hi I just started season 2 and wanted to know if Cole and Cassandra get together this season. If they don't I'm not watching anymore. Thanks in advance for all your help,

I don't think you'll be disappointed

I'm halfway through S1 of my rewatch and holky gently caress July 2017 cannot get here fast enough I love this show so much

isaboo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 27, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

pahuyuth posted:

I don't think you'll be disappointed

I'm halfway through S1 of my rewatch and holky gently caress July 2017 cannot get here fast enough I love this show so much
I was, as I've said before, really skeptical about the change in the show with the Primaries and the implications of them.

Turns out, the show still succeeds for me on the strength of the characters, the time fuckery, and the mystery. Mostly the humor, acting, and directing. But the production values help.

I'm so happy they're going to get to wrap the show up and not just leave us hanging.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Will season 3 definitely be the series finale? I hope the writers take that into account because honestly after last season it was far from sure we would even get a third season. I was one of the pessimists but SyFy for once made me happy.
(but they'll never be able to make up for Firefly, and no : Serenity wasn't nearly enough).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Evernoob posted:

Will season 3 definitely be the series finale? I hope the writers take that into account because honestly after last season it was far from sure we would even get a third season. I was one of the pessimists but SyFy for once made me happy.
(but they'll never be able to make up for Firefly, and no : Serenity wasn't nearly enough).

It'll probably be the last season.

Firefly was Fox and a long rear end time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

People are assuming it will be the last season because season 2 didn't get very good ratings and season 3 got a shorter episode order.

• Locked thread