Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strong bird
May 12, 2009

That meat looks nasty, my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

strong bird posted:

That meat looks nasty, my man

LOL look at this guy

"Filet and flank is gross" - white dude

Surprised you didn't ask about the tendon.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

Spudalicious posted:

Can we talk more about Pho? That poo poo is bomb diggity.

Here's my pho story:
One day my Vietnamese coworker invited me over for Pho. He said I could help make it, but that it takes a while. It turns out you have to cook that poo poo ALL drat DAY. And just for the broth! All the poo poo you put in there seems like an afterthought with how loving difficult it is to get the broth right.
Noodle soup bitches. Eat it every day and you'll live forever.

Just don't add in bean sprouts and your pho will be perfect every time.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
strong bird what is the latest on 'soups'?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I made some pumpkin soup because even though they're out of season the Indian grocery had insanely cheap ones. It was good.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Speaking of pumpkin soup which is one of the greatest soups around. Does anyone have some tips for putting different things into one or changing it up a bit? Something out of the ordinary.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Fists Up posted:

Speaking of pumpkin soup which is one of the greatest soups around. Does anyone have some tips for putting different things into one or changing it up a bit? Something out of the ordinary.

Curry and black beans.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
I like to roast off the pumpkin seeds, toss them in curry powder and salt and use them as a crunchy garnish. Or crispy sage leaves. Caramalised pearl onions. Chilli oils. Coriander seeds. I like to have soups which taste of their main ingredient but have bursts of flavours through garnishes.

Soup is good.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fists Up posted:

Peanut butter is really good in pumpkin soup.

Harrisa is good too.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Archenteron posted:

Potato + Onion (or Leek, or both!) is classic as heck and, on topic with the incoming summer heat, works really good cold too. Chill the soup, blend it if you feel like it to really make it smooth, add a little bit of dairy (milk/cream) if you have it, re-season a little, and you can pretend you're fancy by calling it by a French name

Potato+Leek soup + bacon is a match made in heaven. - And just not in the general "bacon is amazing"-sense, offhand I cant think of anything that pairs better with bacon. (Add the bacon as you're serving, not while making the soup.)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
You could cut up a little bacon into lardon and render out the fat for sauteing the veggies that are going into your soup.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I get a craving for creamy celeriac soup when the weather gets cold. poo poo owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I souped tonight

I made 'hamburger soup" a blast from my childhood past. Pretty much just a vegetable beef soup with ground beef instead of chopped steak or whatever. Other than that it does not resemble hamburgers in any way thankfully.

• Locked thread