Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not surprising the worlds most scaredy cat nation - American - also puts the most time and energy into preventing "security vulnerabilities" that as far as I know only strike the poor and the stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
so, what does it feel like to be constantly struck by security vulnerabilities

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
haha kablammo

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

echinopsis posted:

not surprising the worlds most scaredy cat nation - American - also puts the most time and energy into preventing "security vulnerabilities" that as far as I know only strike the poor and the stupid

for real? dude....check out the secfuck megathread. sure we like to joke around and point out the lulzy parts of infosec :nsa::nsacloud::nsallears::nsamad::downsa::nsavince: but we also discuss how serious security issues can be! IMO it's the best security discussion forum on the web :cabot:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

think of them as security opportunities

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
ya more like insecurity professionals imo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

that as far as I know only strike the poor and the stupid

i have some bad news echi...

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

think of them as security opportunities

exactly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

i have some bad news echi...

I'm neither mate.
I'm smart enough to be having sex and rich enough to have a house to have sex in

can you say either of those things I don't think so. there is only one thing alone you can achieve that I cannot

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

look at the IT industry and tell me he's wrong

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

it's because doing computer is easy but doing secure computer is hard and expensive so companies don't bother and now you have to spend an bunch of money to buy stuff and pay people to make doing computer secure and you can never get it 💯

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like Chelsea peretti

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

PleasureKevin posted:

look at the IT industry and tell me he's wrong

your confusing cause and effect here

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

my main client is also a software developer

he uses the same password on every website. he doesn't use any 2-factor authentication. he set his laptop to not sleep, so the password lock screen never comes on. and he leave his laptop open while he leaves the building, which is a shared office full of strangers.

oh, and he's travelling, so i imagine if someone stole his laptop they'd get into everything.

he's otherwise a smart person and not really averse to change, i have no idea what's wrong with him. and i've said before, i'm not going to do [some feature he really wants] until you set up a password manager and change all your passwords, but still he's made excuses and we're at a stalemate.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
didnt read just saw the last posted thing and clicked to tell you to go away forever pls

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

PleasureKevin posted:

my main client is also a software developer

he uses the same password on every website. he doesn't use any 2-factor authentication. he set his laptop to not sleep, so the password lock screen never comes on. and he leave his laptop open while he leaves the building, which is a shared office full of strangers.

oh, and he's travelling, so i imagine if someone stole his laptop they'd get into everything.

he's otherwise a smart person and not really averse to change, i have no idea what's wrong with him. and i've said before, i'm not going to do [some feature he really wants] until you set up a password manager and change all your passwords, but still he's made excuses and we're at a stalemate.

:effort: rules all

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

didnt read just saw the last posted thing and clicked to tell you to go away forever pls

rude

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Squeezy Farm posted:

for real? dude....check out the secfuck megathread. sure we like to joke around and point out the lulzy parts of infosec :nsa::nsacloud::nsallears::nsamad::downsa::nsavince: but we also discuss how serious security issues can be! IMO it's the best security discussion forum on the web :cabot:

thanks Squeezy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread