Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout

here is my longboard. it was taller than me when my parents bought it!

i took it out for a spin around the block and boy does it need new bearings but it's still fun as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Macnult posted:

Don't forget to buy a helmet too! They can save your life.

lmbo at this video but helmets are lame, if im braindead I can still drink Go-Gurt thru a bag and thats all that matters

social vegan

wow this board sure is long holy heck just how long is it, *skates and the front end of my board goes off camera and appears to poke in the scene on the other side of the set wowzer how long is this thing

Macnult

my boy Will Royce killin' it in colombia https://www.facebook.com/S1Helmets/videos/1011576302213166

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

If we're insisting this is about land longboards, then you should get one of these: http://santacruzskateboards.com/starwars/

I might get one for display. I don't skateboard but they look cool

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Macnult

For those trying to scout out any good hills in their area, there's this useful website that makes the search a lot easier. It makes life on the east coast seem a lot less disappointing.

Gomi Day

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
i've always been a huge fan of skull skates and have had many of their decks through the 20 odd years i've been skating.

looking on their site, right now. i see they have a few complete decks for half off!

the dragster looks about what you're talking about.
http://skullskates.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1_90/products_id/1172

the bearings are very meh and i have no experience with their own trucks or the wheels it comes with, but for an absolute beginner, you can do a whole lot worse for $125!

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 28, 2016

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
i don't know enough to post longboards well or malicioiusly but they're delightful either way

playground tough
The difference between a cheaper complete and a custom setup is huge; it's definitely worth dropping money on some solid gear. If you're serious about doing some longboarding, or even if you have money and like nice things, grab that setup Macnult put together for you. God drat that looks sick.

About a month ago I built myself a decent regular skate setup. I never could ollie as a kid but I'm having a dang blast learning and practicing tricks now. Cruising is awesome and great exercise!

edit oh and spending like 10 dollars on a decent skate tool is super convenient

playground tough fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 28, 2016

bacalou

ive been wanting to custom paint a few longboards for years

yoober

what is it like to commute or go out on a longboard? what is that trip like and how does that affect your workday/event?

Slugnoid

the cool board for landlubber surfers

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Slugnoid posted:

the cool board for landlubber surfers

eh yeah I might get one to chill on someday if I *had* to surf on land....

I haven't surfed in a year :(

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

MrWillsauce

hey what do you call a goon who longboards? a neckboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh

MrWillsauce posted:

hey what do you call a goon who longboards? a neckboard

:golfclap:

• Locked thread