Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I've played the blizzard MOBA because the only games my friends play are MOBAs and it's still bad. There's levelling but it's a shared XP pool and a rubber band mechanic on whichever team has a lower level so no matter how well you're doing both sides will be equal in power until the last 2 minutes when the objective pops and then somebody wins almost randomly. It's awful

sounds choice + epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

blizzard ftw, cant wait for overwatch

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I've played the blizzard MOBA because the only games my friends play are MOBAs and it's still bad. There's levelling but it's a shared XP pool and a rubber band mechanic on whichever team has a lower level so no matter how well you're doing both sides will be equal in power until the last 2 minutes when the objective pops and then somebody wins almost randomly. It's awful

Ok, that sounds crappy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MOBAs would be fine if the people playing them bothered to learn how to play it instead of getting super mad at everyone since they don't know what's going on even though they've played a billion hours

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

MOBAs would be fine if the people playing them bothered to learn how to play it instead of getting super mad at everyone since they don't know what's going on even though they've played a billion hours

nah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

AIDs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the same thing that happens in fighting games but people who are bad in those only have themselves to blame so they stop playing instead of having nameless others to shift their personal shortcomings onto and just stew in self-hating mindset for decades.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

These people need Jesus

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

These people need Jesus

agreed

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Bitch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Larry Parrish posted:

Jesus Christ Larry.... Gah lee dude. Come on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Larry Parrish posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Average Bear posted:

David Sirloin.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
king of the hill is way worse than team deathmatch

like people tried to come up with a cool objective and they came up with 'stand in a circle' and all agreed that was the best possible idea

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Carol Pizzamom

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
what up

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
virus from timesplitters was super win. no hud, no map. somebody starts off infected, and everyone they touch gets infected too. once infected, you lose your gun. if you kill someone, they instantly respawn as infected right next to you. uninfected wins if they survive until time is out, infected wins if they get everyone infected. every match randomizes who starts as what.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Carol Pizzamom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Carol Pizzamom

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Carol Pizzamom

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The objective is to get quad damage and murk everyone on the other team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ol yeller posted:

virus from timesplitters was super win. no hud, no map. somebody starts off infected, and everyone they touch gets infected too. once infected, you lose your gun. if you kill someone, they instantly respawn as infected right next to you. uninfected wins if they survive until time is out, infected wins if they get everyone infected. every match randomizes who starts as what.

That sounds cool

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

That sounds cool

timesplitters was such a good series and im still salty they got absorbed by crytek

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Timespkiters 2 on GC was my go to shooter wth friends. It's such a sick game

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Probably gonna get flamed for saying this but playing the 007 games on GC with my dad in deathmatch was really fun when I was a kid.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ol yeller posted:

timesplitters was such a good series and im still salty they got absorbed by crytek

Don't worry! Their newest game, Homefront 2, comes out soon!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Does anybody have that picture of the Feels guy with tears all over his face and angry bloodshot eyes like he's freaking out

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Does anybody have that picture of the Feels guy with tears all over his face and angry bloodshot eyes like he's freaking out
Yeah.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

No I will not send you a selfie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ol yeller posted:

yeah, RIP

• Locked thread