Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And Bill Cosby was funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's sad to see an actor you like having a train wreck in slow motion. He should stick to more subdued roles like Deadpool.

This is just a reminder that everything associated with the Emoji movie is garbage. Including Sir Patrick Stewart's penchant for doing trash for a dollar.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

kiimo posted:

It's sad to see an actor you like having a train wreck in slow motion. He should stick to more subdued roles like Deadpool.
cloverfield

This is just a reminder that everything associated with the Emoji movie is garbage. Including Sir Patrick Stewart's penchant for doing trash for a dollar.

Fixed that for you.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Reminder that Mel Brooks and WB cartoons use absurdist humor, so it's not like he's even close to doing that "medium" well either. I think he's not as funny or important as he thinks he is and once this cache of movies is over he may very well slip into obscurity, or wind up just doing voice over commercials the rest of his life.

Ok it's actually more Dada than it is absurdism. Because he is not going for the same thing Mel Brooks and WB cartoons are. They may be absurd as in "over the top" but he's on the Dada side of things which is "rejecting reason and logic."

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/XxeSmjh.png

That's a solid absurdist choice right there.

E: Updated to reflect new reviews

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 28, 2017

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Maybe his shtick is starting in terrible movies. Silicon valley was getting too good of reviews so he bailed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

BonoMan posted:

Ok it's actually more Dada than it is absurdism. Because he is not going for the same thing Mel Brooks and WB cartoons are. They may be absurd as in "over the top" but he's on the Dada side of things which is "rejecting reason and logic."

he's a grade A cornball

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There's nothing wrong with absurdist humor, but I don't find what TJ Miller is doing to be funny at all. He's just saying stupid crap and expecting (as well as getting getting) reactions.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Plenty of really good actors take animation VO gigs because they're soooooooooo easy. "Doogal" didn't really sink Judy Dench's career

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
TJ Miller looks at the 0% rating on rotten tomatoes

then looks at the millions of dollars in his back account. then fucks his hot girlfriend

he doesn't give a f*ck

did anyone actually have high expectations for this movie

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I would do voices for so many lovely movies if it pays me millions.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My gf recently started in VO for games. The entry-level pay for the lowest, non-union noob without representation whatsoever is 200/hour.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

kiimo posted:

My gf recently started in VO for games. The entry-level pay for the lowest, non-union noob without representation whatsoever is 200/hour.

they arent getting 40/hrs a week though are they?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
How about royalties?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Both of those are union things.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
she's never gonna make it big as a VO if she's a scab taking non-union jobs

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Dropping this here in case anyone else enjoys collecting vinyl records:

Silicon Valley Soundtrack Pre-Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I've been listening to it a lot and it has my favorite artist names ever: 07 Pregnant Boy - Fun House feat. OG Swaggerdick & Grip Plyaz

• Locked thread