Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
Beats:

Everybody:
  • Session
  • Discovering Hellfire Garage and the Bloc Party
Fidelity:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Find out what's making Lisa Bennet Sick"
  • Meddling in the affairs of wizards
Query:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Find a lead on the 'gently caress Truck'"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Identify Lisa Bennet's cause of illness."
  • Cover Beat for police work
Mr. Face:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Find out what Joshua Caine has gotten into THIS time"
  • Cover Beat for visibly trying to shepherd his lost lamb
Mr. Cutting:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Determine what's making Lisa Bennett Sick"
  • Cover Beat for doing doctoral things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Beats for Session 3 (April 3, 2017):

Everybody:
  • Session
Fidelity:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Learn Malaise's Bane"
  • Enlisted the ring in plot to save Lisa (Agenda)
Query:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Impress the Hellfire Garage/Block Party Gang" (Cipher)
  • Phased a fucktruck through a public building
Mr. Face:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Support Query's work in infiltrating the Hellfire Garage Gang"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Get the dirt on Malaise"
  • Resolved Informed (Hunter Angel/ Malaise)
Mr. Cutting:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to do something but I'm not sure what because Chunnel's book-keeping isn't good enough to stand up to my laziness

Terrorforge fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 22, 2017

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Beats for Session 4 (April 17, 2017):

Everybody:
  • Session
  • Dealing with Malaise (Cipher)
Fidelity:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Free Lisa Bennet from Malaise"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Go Overboard"
  • Angering and/or scaring a wizard
Query:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Help separate Malaise from the girl."
  • Attempted to change Mr. Face's mind on the Caines (Agenda)
Mr. Face:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Deal with Malaise once and for all"
Mr. Cutting:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Expand Cult"
  • Twisted Fidelity's arm into mucking with Lisa's memories (Agenda)
  • Cover Beat for doctoring

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Conditions:

Query stayed in demonic form for longer than felt entirely comfortable. He managed to slip under the God-Machine's radar, but he could feels Its radio waves passing overhead. It made him jittery and restless, and it's only a matter of time before that feeling drives him to do something hasty. He gains the Spooked Condition (Chronicles of Darkness, p. 290 in my book but y'all have different editions so good luck).

Mr. Face has twice acted out of character and Compromised Pastor Ted while dealing with the Bloc Party. First by indulging in Tarantula's Aetheric hookah. While he understands that it was necessary in the moment, he still feels he has betrayed his moral code and wishes to make amends. He gains the Penitent Condition. It functions as Spooked (see above), but Mr. Face becomes motivated by moral obligation rather than fear.
Secondly, he indulged in celebration of Tarmac and Query's thoughtless and dangerous behavior. In retrospect it was a rather silly thing to do, and Mr. Face now feels rather Embarassed by it. This Condition functions as Shaken (CoD, p. 290), except that Mr. Face can opt to fail any social roll as he suddenly remembers what a fool he made of himself.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Beats for Session 5 (April 24, 2017):

Everybody:
  • Session
Fidelity:
  • Cover Beat for presumably drowning her sorrows somewhere
Query:
  • Infiltrated a Deva black site
Mr. Face:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Find out where Luminous has taken the inventory from Mike's"
  • Went all Mission Impossible on Beth Israel
Mr. Cutting:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Discover the nature of Luminous Labs' work at Beth Israel."

Terrorforge fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 1, 2017

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Beats for Session 6 (May 1, 2017):

Everybody:
  • Session
  • Broke into in 1929 splinter
Fidelity:
  • Delegated research to SysAdmin (Agenda)
Query:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Find Out Something Interesting About the Piston-Femur"
  • Resolved "Observed" Condition
Mr. Face:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Find out where Luminous has taken the inventory from Mike's" ("to 1929" counts)
Mr. Cutting:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Arrive in 1929"

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Beats for Session 7 (May 15, 2017):

Everybody:
  • Session
  • Infiltrated Beth Israel
  • Pounded a Rank 3 angel into the dirt (Cipher)
Fidelity:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Investigate the Home Depot Time Gate" (You've sure seen what's on the other side of it, if not the exact other side)
  • Took a dramatic failure
Query:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Locate the loot"
  • Resolved Informed (1929 Beth Israel)
  • Convinced the ring to go with fight over flight (Agenda)
Mr. Face:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Discover how DevaCorp is influencing angels"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Get my wings back from Luminous Labs"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Get Joshua Cain out of trouble. AGAIN"
  • Spoke unnervingly fondly of the God-Machine (Agenda)
  • Said a lot of cool words (Good philosophy with Joshua, good smacktalk with Lumen)
Mr. Cutting:
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Do thing 1"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Do thing 2"
  • Fulfilled Aspiration to "Do thing 3"

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

“The hurricane ruffles also the wings of the butterfly.”

“Do or die”. It’s supposed to be a motivational phrase, a choice so obvious it exists only to remind you of the price for failure - but Query was supposed to pick “die”. He was supposed to let lives end, atrocities be committed and, if necessary, keep passively recording every broken sensor and shredded hull plate as he himself was torn to pieces. Instead, he chose to act.

Turns out that when you act upon the world, the world acts on you.

------------------------

Nonresistance
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Science
Cost: 1 Aether
Action: Reflexive

It is a strange truth of physics that a man hit by a speeding car is undone not by a tonne and a half of steel striking his body, but by his own body’s refusal to be struck. In accordance with Newton’s first law of motion his bones and blood vessels will resist the impact, trying and failing to match the strength of 150 horsepower with their own chemical bonds. The best way to resist such force is, surprisingly, not to resist it at all.

By briefly disabling his own inertia, Query can allow his body to simply accept any physical force directed at it. The energy that would normally deform his tissues instead moves them in unison, allowing him to both avoid harm and launch himself great distances.

Dramatic failure: Query’s inertia increases massively. He loses his defense and suffers a -3 penalty to all physical actions until the end of his next turn.

Failure: No effect. Query cannot attempt to affect the same action again, but may use Nonresistance on future actions without penalty.

Success: When used against an attack, the total damage is reduced by the successes achieved on the activation roll. In addition, Query is launched 10 yards per point of damage the attack would have dealt. If Query attempts to launch himself with the aid of another character, that character makes a Strength + Athletics or other applicable roll with a bonus equal to the successes achieved by Query. Query flies 10 yards per success.

Depending on the circumstances, a Strength or Dexterity + Athletics roll or a second activation of Nonresistance may be required for query to land on his feet or avoid taking damage.

Exceptional Success: For a brief moment, Query achieves perfect moment-to-moment control of his inertia. At any point before the end of next turn, Query can apply the successes on the activation roll as a bonus to any physical action he takes or as a penalty to any physical action directed at him.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Idk if we established how tall Query is but it almost goes without saying: breaking every dwarf toss record in the book is more than worth getting burned by the GM.

What's our plan for the day? Aftermath? Some bookkeeping? I'm using my work's mobile wifi hotspot in my new place but I need to hook up real internet and idk when my hook up is working, except on Mondays. I'll try and do it over the phone and be there, otherwise I might be late.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Idk if we established how tall Query is but it almost goes without saying: breaking every dwarf toss record in the book is more than worth getting burned by the GM.

What's our plan for the day? Aftermath? Some bookkeeping? I'm using my work's mobile wifi hotspot in my new place but I need to hook up real internet and idk when my hook up is working, except on Mondays. I'll try and do it over the phone and be there, otherwise I might be late.

The adventure ain't over yet; you still have an escape plan to enact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

“One day the shepherd must lead his lambs to the slaughter.”

He just wanted to do the right thing. For himself, for his charge, for his God. But the world is a messy, confusing place where sometimes there is no one right thing to do. There are so many who need his guidance, so many who deserve his protection.

Eventually, he will have to choose.

------------------------

Martyr
Dice Pool: Presence + Empathy (vs. Resolve + Supernatural Tolerance if the martyr is unwilling)
Cost: 3 Aether
Action: Instant

Mr. Face can rip the misfortune from one life and plant it in another. A specified hardship in the first target’s life (money trouble, sick family member, eviction notice) is miraculously resolved and instead translated to the second target. In cases where there is no one-to-one correspondence, such as a transferring a sick mother to someone with no or estranged family the hardship is translated into the nearest equivalent, striking in this case a close friend, beloved pet or even wood rot of a beloved home.

This Interlock does not work on demons.

Dramatic failure: Both targets are struck with misfortune as per Strength Through Adversity. This always lasts the maximum number of days as determined by Mr. Face’s Primum.

Failure: No effect.

Success: The hardship transfers from one party to the other over the period of a week. A second use of Martyr cannot reverse this effect.

Exceptional Success: Mr. Face retains the option of reversing the change at any point within a year and a day. This requires no roll and costs no extra Aether.

• Locked thread