Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemins
Oct 27, 2005
his hair smells like old floppy disks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
poo poo, someone already made the wikipedia page.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can't wait to shoot the HOXELIGHT which shoots a hoxelbeam.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Romero: A game... About hacking... Hacking... Hack... Hax... Haxor...

SOMETHING HAPPENED...

HOXAR!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

not a hoax

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You're a bit late, Carmack already ran a kickstarter for a garage kit toy and then sold it to Facebook for $2 billion.

carmack's worth millions, romero's worth whatever you can get in a wig shop for that mane of his

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
You know the game will be an accurate throwback to 90s level design when one of the concept art pieces features some barrels.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Personally, I'm looking forward to a crate maze through a holographic nightmarescape.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Gonna need more than this, John.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just imagine in an alternate universe where this gets funded and it because the holy grail of fps game.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Romero couldn't make me his bitch if it was my first day in prison.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
what if Eonwe is actually John Romero

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Blackdog420 posted:

I'm glad of it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

rocket jumping, strafe jumping and circle strafing.

Oh, I don't know...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

precision posted:

Oh, I don't know...

You mean Hoxel jumping, and recode strafing, and Hoxeling recoding.

Since this game will be the anti-christ to FPS, I will no longer use wasd, I will use qwes!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

You mean Hoxel jumping, and recode strafing, and Hoxeling recoding.

Since this game will be the anti-christ to FPS, I will no longer use wasd, I will use qwes!

You have to use the arrow keys like a true old school fps player instead of wasd. And have at least 5 awkward as gently caress out of reach keybinds.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

xyigx posted:

You have to use the arrow keys like a true old school fps player instead of wasd. And have at least 5 awkward as gently caress out of reach keybinds.

Do not speak of the qwerty.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I too long for the days when FPSs were poo poo but we played them anyway because we didn't know any better

Based on this video of him talking, I am 100% confident that this washed-up developer can make us a terrible, unfun FPS with broken mechanics just like we had back then

Oh wait poo poo I forgot to couch my statement in euphemisms

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
gonna play this game like i played zx spectrum games when i was 4

QAOP, M to shoot, lets go

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BLACKROOM Kickstarter: John Romero Is About To Make You His Pitch

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Blackdog420 posted:

Well both Eonwe and John Romero were conveniently unavailable when I wanted to play DAIKATANA deathmatch so this might be worth looking into.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Also, does anyone else wish that they went the Shaq Fu route and just made this a Daikatana sequel/reboot done right? Especially if they went balls out and called it Daikatana 2: Superfly's Revenge or something.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Goddamn Romero's hair game is still so strong

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Honestly it surprises me that so many people in this thread are so hard on Romero. Yeah, Daikatana sucked poo poo but the man still makes awesome Doom levels and is apparently a pretty all-around cool guy. Still plays games with fans and his YouTube play through / discussions about Doom development are astonishingly brilliant.

Reading Masters of Doom I thought it was pretty apparent that Romero was incredibly good at game design and player involvement. I think management and corporate stewardship aren't his strong suits at all (at all) but this seems like totally in his wheelhouse. Maybe other people have a different opinion but I came out with a totally changed opinion of him in the last few years following the book and reading / watching more poo poo about him and his work.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'm shocked it took this long for Romero to jump on the kickstarter bandwagon.

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Funding cancelled, the dream is over. Then again, he might restart when he's got a workable demo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
poo poo someone dropped a BLACKHOLE BOMB.

Anyone feel the weapons have the most wacky names?

• Locked thread