Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Distracted
Jun 9, 2010

Carecat posted:

I understand everyone is pissed off about the tiering system.

Sometimes people queuing recruit fleets get thrown in against a bunch of people running tier 4's. It's not really as big of an issue as it was during tanks & warships betas though, you just take more corvettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Looks like one more reset, and then NO MORE RESETS.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/final-account-reset-begins-next-week/

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

It's about drat time.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Ooooo, might start playing again.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Rock Paper Shotgun has a 5000 key giveaway that started like two hours ago if you want to avoid them founder packs.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Just watch some twitch streamer play some of the new maps, they look pretty solid, especially the one that's basically set up like a canyon run.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Seems like this is a thread what might like to learn that RPS is giving away a pile of beta keys for this here Game. I'm gonna be joining up as IFartSupernovas and giving it a try pretty soon, hopefully this helps some other friendly goons get access too.

e: helps if i link: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/01/18/giveaway-5000-keys-for-the-dreadnought-beta/

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
So are who do think is gonna publish this thing when Randy Pitchford spends the rest of Gearbox's Money building a gently caress doll of that Mushroom thing from Battleborn and goes out of business?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So after playing a handful of games in each ship type, it looks like they've tweaked the ships enough to the point where they're actually balance*, and overall I like what's been changed. However, a lot of the modules that were previously over powered several months ago are still OP and are in dire need of a rebalance, specifically some of the stuff on Tactical Cruisers (surprise surprise).

AnElegantPeacock posted:

So are who do think is gonna publish this thing when Randy Pitchford spends the rest of Gearbox's Money building a gently caress doll of that Mushroom thing from Battleborn and goes out of business?

This is being made by GREYbox, not Gearbox you goof. :v:

*Except the Light Artillary Cruiser, I love how they changed it to be more like a long range corvette, but at the moment it's completely undered powered.

E: Forgot to mention, they've also added a new siren noise right before you're about to be hit by a nuke, which is real convenient for throwing up your shields at the last second to negate it.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 19, 2017

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.
got a spare one of those :

Early Access Key: M5qy-j8XH-sK

TuGw-55tW-5D

whoever claims it first , enjoy.

GiantHurtBall fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 19, 2017

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
So if you had Elite Staus time banked... it's not. It went active with the final account resets. Better use it before it expires, I guess.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I can only do so much...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy
Not a good sign this thread has been dead so long, is anyone still playing? I'm just getting into my
veteran ships and maybe I'm getting matched up with higher tiers/ premades but it's definitely painful like an MMO PVP grind.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Smoove posted:

Not a good sign this thread has been dead so long, is anyone still playing? I'm just getting into my
veteran ships and maybe I'm getting matched up with higher tiers/ premades but it's definitely painful like an MMO PVP grind.

I basically ground out my rookie tier ships, but no one else seems like they are playing. :smith:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm waiting for the last wipe or something to be announced. I think there's one more?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Thronde posted:

I'm waiting for the last wipe or something to be announced. I think there's one more?

Insert joke about "no more wipes" here.
(There are no more wipes)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
no more wipes (for your butt, which is filthy from poopsocking all day)

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

Thronde posted:

I believe the last reset was January 11th according to twitter and what I could google. Rookie level matches are fun but one high tier healer on the other side really gets your poo poo pushed in. Which of course I'm trying to grind my own out now. I love destroyers but drat those healz.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm updating this. Hooray!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Started playing again, usually around 7pm central time for an hour or two.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yay! Let's shoot some space submarines.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man, the latest patch is taking forever to download (probably because of the new map), at over 10 gigs.

SpoiledDerpie
May 18, 2012
I'm playing. Is there still mumble for this, or is it all on Discord now?

The game feels like it's not being developed fast enough.

I bought a Founder's pack a long time ago, but I think anyone on PC can access the beta now?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

SpoiledDerpie posted:

I'm playing. Is there still mumble for this, or is it all on Discord now?

The game feels like it's not being developed fast enough.

I bought a Founder's pack a long time ago, but I think anyone on PC can access the beta now?

A goon mumble/discord? Not really. A bunch of the goonrathi goons were originally playing and interested, but now only a handful still follow the game. The goonrathi mumble channels for this game still exist, but you most likely won't find a group in mumble. It would be best to try to schedule a session in this thread.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I found this and it temporarily filled the hole in my life where I didn't play MWO or anything like that anymore! It was fun! I learned lots! I played all the ships!

Then I got my first L3 and got thrown into the hateblast killgrind which is "and now you must play for weeks against individuals using ships that delete you, mechanically, from existence."

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
I've been playing this a bit in the past week. Actually digging it; even shelled out for a month of premium. I'm at the upper end of Tier II, and I mostly get placed in games with exclusively Tier 3/4 people. Kind of sucks to have to go tactical cruiser and barely be able to heal people. But I'm just a couple games away from my first T3 ship.

Seems like a game where if people actually coordinated a bit, they'd be unstoppable, so count me in if people are playing. Only caveat is i'm PST, so most folks are done playing by the time I get out of work.

IGN is Actionsdower

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I got to IV after a solid week of grinding. Everything is super expensive now and I have to play with the default kit for a while and I am stuck with a completely bugged primary module that does nothing and yet still the difference in power is staggering and I can march over the lesser players in their twos and threes.

I have doubts about this game model.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had no idea this game even released. Based on the thread though I assume it's pretty dead?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Plenty of people are playing it, just not goons, we got burned out super early because of the slow development and this new progress system is just not well designed. Yeah, I'm declaring it dead for us. :sigh:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
If someone could take the World of Tanks progress model out back and shoot it that would be awesome thanks.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Sad to hear that there isn't much of a goon presence in this. I had a lot of fun playing last night and tried to find a discord.

Seems that most pubbies can't lead shots and that boosting really surprises them.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Open Beta Trailer

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm having fun not seriously noodling around in my Dreadnought and feeling like a scary badass, watching all those nukes fly off and make someone's day bad is a good time.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
this game is fun and looks great, but the world of tanks grind is loving brutal. also t3 ships are too much of an investment for what they are...

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah World of Warships is less grindy last time I checked, which seems weird to me. This is up there with Star Conflict, which is really bad grinding as well.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I was just looking for info on this game as I was just feeling the WoT kick and Warships has its problems, plus I'm not a big history man, and wow this thread looks dead as gently caress.

Anyone know how this game compares to Fractured Space? I'm actually enjoying that game.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Gameplay is very close to the same, but Dreadnought's still (I think?) stuck with lovely TDM for the game mode, which means that games are just boring campfests where a group that knows what they're doing waits for dumb players to wander in to their deathblob 1 by 1.

Fractured Space might be better now overall, even if it didn't start that way.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
That's a shame, still going to give this one a go, because I am a big fan of capital ship combat like this. If it doesn't work out in the long run (because I think the population for this game is actually smaller that FS, which is already pretty cozy), then I still have something else to enjoy.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a newer thread where you're more likely to get replies and people to play with: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Ah thankee. Might want to request this one get closed? It's the first thing that shows up in a search for it on SA.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 14, 2017

• Locked thread