Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yeah I remember all of the noobs tactically driving the battleships and aircraft carriers onto the beaches of maps to tactically go to the tanks on shore in 42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Sorry you played on poopy butt servers and not with the real players. :smuggo:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Listen, if you don't want to sit in trenches and shiver in the cold for hours on end only to be ordered over the top into a fog bank filled with bullets and shrapnel, I don't know what to tell you.

Also I think I saw in one video there was a British MkIV with German markings? Or did I make that up?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SquadronROE posted:

Listen, if you don't want to sit in trenches and shiver in the cold for hours on end only to be ordered over the top into a fog bank filled with bullets and shrapnel, I don't know what to tell you.

Also I think I saw in one video there was a British MkIV with German markings? Or did I make that up?
Yea, it seems like tanks aren't side limited, so you can have light, heavy, and landships for each side without needing to invent stuff.
The Germans did capture and use MKIVs in 1918 though. The A7V with British markings is a bit silly though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
same.

all of these posts.

same.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I remember when battlefield was about spamming grenades up the other guy's butthole till they ran out of tickets. Kids these days have no idea.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

afkmacro posted:

I remember when battlefield was about spamming grenades up the other guy's butthole till they ran out of tickets. Kids these days have no idea.

they could bring it back for the authentic trench-clearing experience

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Plan Z posted:

Yeah I remember all of the noobs tactically driving the battleships and aircraft carriers onto the beaches of maps to tactically go to the tanks on shore in 42.

afkmacro posted:

I never really 'get' responses like this. Like yeah the mechanics of older BF games meant there were a handful of matches that went really really poorly. I guess the only real solution DICE had was to dumb down every single aspect so thoroughly that every single match is the most completely homogenous, forgettable experience possible. Who can blame them?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You think Hardline is boring? Hell, you should have seen this one set of matches I played in Vietnam back in '04... I'm telling you man, worst prom night ever.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

EDIT: whatever. I wanna sword an Ottoman.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I never really 'get' responses like this. Like yeah the mechanics of older BF games meant there were a handful of matches that went really really poorly. I guess the only real solution DICE had was to dumb down every single aspect so thoroughly that every single match is the most completely homogenous, forgettable experience possible. Who can blame them?

but enough about Battlefront 3

• Locked thread