Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

trouser chili posted:

So the run to Denver and back; Well back on September 11th, 2001 some bad guys flew planes into some buildings, which had the effect of grounding all air travel for a couple of days. While this was generally accepted as a "bad thing", the bigger tragedy that same day was that a web-server a buddy and I had holed up in a dirty "co-lo" facility in the back of an Internet Cafe in Denver died.

We hosted a couple of websites on it, mostly for bands including one that was decently big. We had Lost the server, no Control characters were working, and according to the remote-hands, Nothing was happening. They were full of Lies, turns out the server was Drowning with several inches of water on floor, no bullshit. It was Wasted, but we didn't know. We couldn't fly there, we couldn't overnight poo poo. Desperate Now with the server So Far Away, three of us went stabbing westward in the ITR.

The car never dropped below 100mph except to get fuel (with a 12 gallon tank, this was often), we took turns sleeping in the back with the seats folded down. At one point I woke up because the floor was getting really hot, my wife (just married in July that same year) was just touching on 140...in the rain. I'm often surprised I've made it 38 years on earth.

We found the server dead...and the previously-unmentioned water on the floor. We cussed out the dudes that were there, tossed the server in the back (a 6u monster) and we drove home just as angry as we came out, after a quick Taco Bell meal of course. At some point driving back I began hallucinating really bad. It was so bad I'm sometimes not sure I ever stopped and this is all part of the hallucination, or maybe we crashed and this is how my dying brain is dealing with it. But things seem pretty real today, usually.

The server itself was never recovered, we still have the hard drives but they don't spin. The server was also a major source of warez and MP3s back then. I lost of lot important poo poo in there. That event plus a lawsuit from DirecTV for hacking their poo poo put me on a path toward white-hat work, which is what I do today.

Now that's a story to share with the kids once they can start drinking with dad.

Friend of my parents was out in California on 9/11 and was due to come back home to Springfield (IL). He had a '91 or '92 SHO at the time; one of many for him actually. Apparently all the highways were dead because every cop in the country had been recalled into the cities. He said he set the cruise on about a buck thirty and made it home about 10 hours ahead of schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
You have the ITR in storage so I presume you are not really getting any enjoyment out of it atm. I know nothing of your finances or situation but it just seems to me with kids and a house I would sell while the market is hot. I don't know what it would go for maybe $25 with the right spin but that is just my two cents. Besides the ITR and the penultimate Supra TT and the NSX no other jap stuff is making big moves (modern era, maybe squeeze EVOs in there)

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Finances are ok, kids are expensive but I'm electing to spend a lot of that money. It's really good money too, like paying off a GT350 in three years type money. Speaking of this is the car I'd probably drop the ITR for, but to make that work in the monthly budget I'd want I'd have to sell the ITR for really good money. Then finance the rest and have the Odyssey already paid off. Flat-plane crank V8s get me hard. Today I've got a four-pot that redlines 8400rpm, growing four more and still spinning to 8200rpm? Yes please.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

trouser chili posted:

Finances are ok, kids are expensive but I'm electing to spend a lot of that money. It's really good money too, like paying off a GT350 in three years type money. Speaking of this is the car I'd probably drop the ITR for, but to make that work in the monthly budget I'd want I'd have to sell the ITR for really good money. Then finance the rest and have the Odyssey already paid off. Flat-plane crank V8s get me hard. Today I've got a four-pot that redlines 8400rpm, growing four more and still spinning to 8200rpm? Yes please.

I hear you and again you do what is best for you. I just have the feeling that the time is right for ITR values sure it will always be worth something but I'm thinking the right venue yours could pull what it would be worth in 5-10 years RIGHT NOW. Just something to think about. I have seen a few sell the past few mo tha for 16-20 but you have a one owner low miles (don't tell the 140 mph story when selling)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Keep the ITR, gently caress the Shelby. It's a mustang, Ford will make a better one in two years.

Honda won't ever make something that cool again.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

iwentdoodie posted:

Honda won't ever make something that cool again.

This. Between emissions and crash safety standards, I doubt we'll ever see a pocket racer like that again.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You know that car your dad was always bitter about getting rid of? Don't be that dad.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I've seen ITR pulling mid 30's. Multiple owner yellow ones at that (yellow are most common). Lower miles though, typically around/lower than 50k. I don't need the money from the car, so selling it requires attainment of a new asset commensurate with the value and value potential of the ITR. It should also be fun. Anyway, I really don't have any plans, but if someone shoved 35k in my pants, it would be hard to say no.

Oh, and I do drive the ITR. It's not far from me at all. I drove it the other weekend and have plans again for this weekend. I really enjoy letting others drive it these days. No-one hits redline the first time they try, it's funny.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 26, 2016

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Just popping in to say Don't sell the ITR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

trouser chili posted:

No-one hits redline the first time they try, it's funny.

Challenge accepted.

• Locked thread