Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meg Guvyer
May 17, 2016

Sanguinia posted:

I might give Midnight Texas a spin, the premise gives me fond Buffy/Angel flashbacks. Great News is going to be all in the execution because I can see several disastrous potential iterations of that idea.

I want to check out Midnight Texas as well. I hope that they don't screw it up to bad, it has potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Chicago Before: Illinois

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

A*F*T*E*R*C*H*I*C*A*G*O

After A*F*T*E*R*C*H*I*C*A*G*O, the Chris Hardwick hosted filler show that follows it up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

raditts posted:

Was "You, Me, and the Apocalypse" any good at all? Did anyone watch it? I don't know when it actually premiered but I remember seeing some commercials before it did and remarking to myself over how Rob Lowe was in two shows on two different networks at the same time.

...And now both of those shows are cancelled.

I watched the first few episodes and there was some good stuff in it but it just dragged so much that I had to give it up. It really suffered from being an hour long sitcom, and it struggled to find the weird dark humor tone it was looking for. I've got the season on my Hulu queue and keep meaning to give it another go, but that probably won't happen. Rob Lowe and his storyline (a cynical priest tasked with investigating all the "second coming" claims the Vatican has gotten "just in case") is basically the highlight.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Astroman posted:

Well if the Chicago franchise really is just a soft reboot of L&O, then there's only one inevitable conclusion:

Chicago: SVU

Can it cross over with the Fox show APB where the rich cops arrest the real cops.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Random Stranger posted:

After A*F*T*E*R*C*H*I*C*A*G*O, the Chris Hardwick hosted filler show that follows it up.

That would be Talking Chicago.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

Do a realty reality show

Chicagoland

GCA: Greater Chicagoland Area

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Did Heroes Reborn's plot go off the rails or was it a dull fart?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Gaunab posted:

Did Heroes Reborn's plot go off the rails or was it a dull fart?
It was both.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought Superstore was gone for sure. I also thought I was the literal only person on earth watching Superstore.

You weren't the only one who watched it. My fiancee worked at Walmart while in college, and said the show was pretty much a flashback for her.
Although they never really seemed to touch on the "hosed-up-ness" of the customers.

I will miss Telenovela.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought Superstore was gone for sure. I also thought I was the literal only person on earth watching Superstore.

I watch it too. In fact I think the announcement for the 2nd season came not long after the 1st season finale. It's going to air after NBC's Chicago origin story: Fort Dearborn.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've decided I'm watching Timeless with the sole hope that every episode has Malcolm Barrett getting frustrated at racists from another era. I don't know what sparked this apparent "time travel" TV fad but its all worth it if someone had the thought "you know, if we send a black guy into the past its really going to suck for him... lets make that a tv show."

This Is Us seems like it could be one of the shows that could be really good while simultaneously bringing extra sadness to my life. Which is a choice I'm always unsure about making.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This Is Us doesn't really seem like it's about anything, except that there's a tenuous character connection. It reminds me of that Bad Robot show Six Degrees that went nowhere.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know what sparked this apparent "time travel" TV fad

12 Monkeys on sci fi had a pretty good first season and the alt history man in the high castle got a lot of attention, so every network exec said, "hey we got any of those time space bendy time travel pilots sitting around?"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

kayakyakr posted:

12 Monkeys on sci fi had a pretty good first season and the alt history man in the high castle got a lot of attention, so every network exec said, "hey we got any of those time space bendy time travel pilots sitting around?"
Yet still nobody watches 12 Monkeys. :negative:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Several more trailers added to the OP, including the terrible looking Powerless. I'd watch quick as it seems NBC is snatching them down since they didn't officially release them.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

X-O posted:

Several more trailers added to the OP, including the terrible looking Powerless. I'd watch quick as it seems NBC is snatching them down since they didn't officially release them.

Yikes. I hope the series is better than the trailer because you're right: that looked pretty terrible.

Which is a drat shame because that cast is amazing. I mean, aside from Vanessa Hudgens who is attractive, but only moderately appealing as a sitcom lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm down for Taken, hopeful for Powerless, and maybe Timless can do good time travel stuff? We'll see.

• Locked thread