Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I fell behind on keeping up with this tourney.... Taguchi is in the final!?! :psyduck:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Missed the first half but that last six man match was fun. Three matches left, crowd is hot. reDRagon and RPG Vice challenged Rico & Sydal for Dominion.

Jerusalem posted:

I fell behind on keeping up with this tourney.... Taguchi is in the final!?! :psyduck:

Yep. He's actually been pretty good and not just the usual prelim comedy schtick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

reDRagon and RPG Vice challenged Rico & Sydal for Dominion.

All three of those teams are great but it's kind of a shame that the most Japanese team of the three is RPG Vice... at least when Rocky is talking anyway.

Edit: That was one hell of a final!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 7, 2016

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

taguchi/ibushi from some year was a really fun final

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: That was one hell of a final!

Yeah, great end to the tourney! I figured Ospreay had it but I started to wonder during the extended ankle lock spot. I don't even understand the last top rope move he did.

Of course now we're left with Ospreay losing again and looking like a chump or Kushida losing and continuing to fail at being the Jr. ace, but I'm sure it will be a good match regardless.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I'm very happy this morning. Great match! It's pretty crazy how good Ospreay is. 23 years old, first heard about him less then a year ago and NJPW snatches him up, puts him over the moon his first match with the company, and then beyond with this tournament. The Japanese crowd takes to him quickly and has attained a level of star power now with the crowd. Well deserved and just very cool to see.

Taguchi will never quite do it for me but he put on one hell of a match and after thinking about it I'm glad he got to show case his talent in the finals against Ospreay. I don't see them wrestling again any time soon and at age 37, it's probably good Taguchi got a chance to really go with a younger talent while he's still able to. I don't dig his shtick, but mad props for his in ring work.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

WELP GUESS I WAS WRONG

It's not really surprising they held off though given less it's than two weeks from Dominion and Tanahashi might conceivably have a recovery setback before then to put him out of it.

Ospreay/Taguchi was excellent, even though I was rooting for Sydal to get out of A Block and even though I kinda groan at Taguchi's Ebessan III audition spots. But Taguchi put in (mostly) focused work otherwise.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Of course now we're left with Ospreay losing again and looking like a chump or Kushida losing and continuing to fail at being the Jr. ace, but I'm sure it will be a good match regardless.

I get the feeling the cop-out for Will in the title match (if there is one) is gonna be that left foot. He was selling it hard even before the ankle lock and for the entirety of post-match.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That final was exceptional, especially Ospreay's selling. A lot of guys will sell the leg, do a big running move without any effect, then grab it again. Ospreay made drat sure that you knew he was working on a bad wheel. From the running hop, to the one legged springboards, and even the hesitation to get his footing before the imploding 450, Will showed a maturity that I wouldn't expect from such a young dude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I was really impressed that he kept selling the leg. I like that he's young and brash enough to keep doing those high flying moves in spite of the pain, but smart enough to make that matter by showing he's hurt himself in the process.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
One of his biggest critiques was his selling and I'm glad he's doing it so well

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i wish he'd cut down on screaming like taguchi was pouring acid on him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

checksin posted:

i wish he'd cut down on screaming like taguchi was pouring acid on him

Well unless I missed it this time, at least he wasn't screaming,"MOTHERFUCKER!" every second word this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Illinois Smith posted:

It's his first BOSJ, losing all his matches except for one big win over an established guy is pretty much the best-case scenario.
lol so glad I was wrong, thanks Gedo. Can't wait to see more Ospreay in New Japan.

• Locked thread