Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Lemming posted:

People who claim to dislike mayo are liars and everyone can see through their stupid lies

I can deal with Mayo but I prefer Miracle Whip by a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

berserker posted:

So a new poll has Trump ahead by +4

Rasmussen Reports

:laugh: Yeah fuckin right

Looking at the vast majority of polling over the last entire year, yeah... Rasmussen is poo poo, plain and simple. Of the polls since July '15 that actually show Trump ahead of Clinton, 4 are Fox News and 3 are Rasmussen. Only 4 other polls - at all, from anyone, all year - have ever shown Trump ahead.

I'm not sure it's just their house effect there. It feels like a huge outlier, considering everyone else is showing a Clinton lead.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Everybody loves mayo. You can gussy it up and be an insufferable foodie and call it Aioli if you want but nobody is loving fooled

Mayo is delicious and I force myself to only use homemade not so much a as a snob thing but in the same way I refuse to get a deep fryer adding labor to it keeps me from eating it all the time.

I will be a loving snob about Aioli though, it's a loving specific thing from southern France made with a bunch of raw garlic and throwing some sort of flavoring/sauce in your mayonnaise does not make it loving aioli :colbert:

edit: I will add that I guarantee the vast majority of the people who turn their nose up a mayonnaise probably eat a poo poo ton of food that is mayonnaise based that they never realized because they're buying it premade.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 1, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

They put that poo poo on pizza

PIZZA

Counterpoint: I put soy sauce on macaroni salad.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

japan is the midwest of asia they fuckin love mayo

Yeah and Kewpie is really good and shelf stable until you open it

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

Counterpoint: I put soy sauce on macaroni salad.

soy sauce is good with pretty much everything depending on quantity, it's an excellent umami bomb that can play into a lot of things that you'd never recognize it's presence because much like anchovies if added in small amounts can make things super rich without overtly tasting the flavor of it (see also: fish sauce)

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jarmak posted:

Mayo is delicious and I force myself to only use homemade not so much a as a snob thing but in the same way I refuse to get a deep fryer adding labor to it keeps me from eating it all the time.

I will be a loving snob about Aioli though, it's a loving specific thing from southern France made with a bunch of raw garlic and throwing some sort of flavoring/sauce in your mayonnaise does not make it loving aioli :colbert:

edit: I will add that I guarantee the vast majority of the people who turn their nose up a mayonnaise probably eat a poo poo ton of food that is mayonnaise based that they never realized because they're buying it premade.

I make potato salad with ranch. :smugdog:

Cut out a lot of salady things out of my diet anyways.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

I make potato salad with ranch. :smugdog:

ranch is mayonnaise based

edit: edit almost everything you eat that is creamy is either mayonnaise based or works on a similar emulsion of fat and egg.

The exception is Greek yogurt based things... which interestingly enough you can use almost universally to sub in for mayo for a pretty low fat version

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

NBC reporting that Chris Christie is the top pick to be Trump's VP. Christie is the only person to have recieved the official vetting information request documents so far.

That means Chris Christie has a very good chance of being VP or Trump is waiting until two weeks before the convention to start vetting. Either is very possible!

No, there is... another.

:newt:

(per the Washington Post).

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/748686944641495040

So this was just shown to me.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He also wanted to have the Central Park Five executed and tried to rile up the city to go after them and/or their families.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bushiz posted:

I've been seeing some of that recently. I got a pamphlet about how "ethnic" bars in our neighborhood (which has been majority hispanic since the spanish killed all the natives) could be fronts for child prostitution rings where, according to the pamphlet, girls as young as 12 were forced to drink 50 drinks a night and have sex with hundreds of men per hour. It was loving bonkers.

Pretty sure even a 7 foot wall of muscle would die some where in the 20-30s. But whatever let's not let facts get in the way of the classic "not whites are after our women!" bs.

Epic High Five posted:

Fast forward to the next weekend, a regular asks the bartender, "hey man what's with all these old white guys comin in all of a sudden, like they're looking for something"

Then Rushbo busts in Kramer-style

Reminder "purity balls".

Double reminder Trump wants to gently caress his daughter.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Lemming posted:

People who claim to dislike mayo are liars and everyone can see through their stupid lies
Politics related: Chris Cilizza, who writes for the WaPo and is a frequent talking head on politics shows, absolutely hates mayo.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Bushiz posted:

I've been seeing some of that recently. I got a pamphlet about how "ethnic" bars in our neighborhood (which has been majority hispanic since the spanish killed all the natives) could be fronts for child prostitution rings where, according to the pamphlet, girls as young as 12 were forced to drink 50 drinks a night and have sex with hundreds of men per hour. It was loving bonkers.
Man, even if they're implying that every pedo who gets with a child prostitute is a three-pump-chump (which doesn't sound wrong, admittedly) that still doesn't seem possible. Because physics.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

God what a human shitstain, bonus points for "they don't pay taxes, I do" probably not being true

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Ya pretty much, except lmao at calling LA the south. That's the west homie. Most of the south is just coasting on the reputation of a relative handful of deranged Frenchmen when it comes to variety and spice. Everything else is just butter and sugar.

I doubt the taste of anyone who thinks spice is a lone virtue independent of other flavor.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Nonsense posted:

He also wanted to have the Central Park Five executed and tried to rile up the city to go after them and/or their families.

And even after the real rapist came forward and it was confirmed to be him with DNA evidence, he still believes he was right about the Central Park Five.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/325982969040879620

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hangedman1984 posted:

God what a human shitstain, bonus points for "they don't pay taxes, I do" probably not being true

Christ, this sounds like my Quebec friends.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

That's true and all, but mayo as an ingredient in something that isn't very much like mayo is still different from the base ingredient. Breaking it down a step further, a lot of people who would never dream of slapping some cold oil and raw egg on their sandwich sure do like mayo.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It's me, I'm the man who hates mayo. I haven't eaten anything mayo-ish in years and look forward to many long years with no mayo. My potato salad is firmly mustard based.

What's the hivemind thinking on how Brexit is going to affect America? I live in the NYC suburbs so I'm expecting all hell to break loose. That or becoming Finance Capital II: Low-Latency Boogaloo.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Tulip posted:

What's the hivemind thinking on how Brexit is going to affect America? I live in the NYC suburbs so I'm expecting all hell to break loose. That or becoming Finance Capital II: Low-Latency Boogaloo.

Probably not much short-term, but we could start seeing the first trickle-down impacts late in the year.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Well there goes the whole "Trump is just pretending to be a racist rear end in a top hat for votes" thing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

NBC reporting that Chris Christie is the top pick to be Trump's VP. Christie is the only person to have recieved the official vetting information request documents so far.

That means Chris Christie has a very good chance of being VP or Trump is waiting until two weeks before the convention to start vetting. Either is very possible!

As a native-born son of New Jersey, nothing would delight me more than seeing that pig roast a little longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
July thread is here.

• Locked thread