Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That HBO dig up the old BattleTech license at it's prime and make an awesome sci-fi political backstabby show out of it. (And that they do their own thing with it, because there's no denying the universe went to poo poo in the late 90s).

Bonus points if they made the whole thing in retro-80s design. Political murders, ultra violence, and giant tank-robots. You can't go wrong, now that the price of special effects is like 2% what it was.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want a Veep-esque sitcom about the Justice League PR team who have to clean up every time Superman punches someone through a building.

This is actually happening, more or less. An NBC show coming this fall about an insurance company that deals with superhero-related damage, set in the DC Universe, called Powerless. I doubt it'll have the budget to show any actual action or the rights to use any established characters, but it will star Vanessa Hudgens, Danny Pudi (Abed from Community), and Alan Tudyk. I suspect it won't last long.

Marvel also has a comic called Damage Control, a comedy series about the people who clean up and rebuild after superhero-related fights and disasters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A fully fleshed out and not rushed fifth season of Farscape.

But I would sacrifice this for the promise that Firefly will never come back and any time someone talks about how it was the greatest show of all time a Fox executive appears and beats them to death with a bag full of the unproduced scripts.

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

The Simpsons to end with dignity.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

XTORT posted:

The Simpsons to end with dignity.

Isn't it at least ten years too late for that?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Don't cancel 12 Monkeys. :(

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
TV-series based on actually good fantasy/sci-fi books where they actually follow the plot. In particular, I'm not going to be fully happy until there's a Black Company HBO tv series.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

A sitcom adaptation of the film Groundhog Day.

Seconding this, but a "sitcom" with a darker side.

I want the X-men movies to stop being movies and rather be a TV series.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
X-Com the series

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
You know what? I'll admit it. I want a talk show. But I'm guessing a lot of other people who complain on the internet also do too.

I'd make the worst talk show host ever; between my stutter, my inability to make eye contact with cameras, inability to tell jokes, inability to manage a production, and not being white. But gently caress it. That's my wish.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Person of Interest ends on top right after The Devil's Share.

Alternatively: Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Senerio posted:

Person of Interest ends on top right after The Devil's Share.

Alternatively: Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Tim B^Uckley should not be given another animated series.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I've said it before but the Tripods, re-imagined BSG-style.

Or an Iain M Bank's Culture adaptation (this would be really, really hard to do I reckon).

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No TV writer is ever allowed to use this scene again:

Person 1: Get out!

*Person 2 stares at them*

Person 1: GET...OUT!

*Person 2 leaves*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sticklefifer posted:

*Person 2 leaves*

You just put every one of them out of a job.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

You just put every one of them out of a job.
Just in case there are any left, this is grounds for dismissal or blacklisting:

Person 1: Are you okay?

Person 2: Yes...No...I don't know.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

sticklefifer posted:

*Person 2 leaves*

Or this:

Person 1: You'd have to be an idiot to wear/do that.

Person 2 enters wearing/doing that.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

A show that features a child actor now condemns that child to a tortured existence of being forever that age, so as not to ruin continuity. He will watch as all of his friends grow up and move beyond him, and though he may be mentally an adult, he will never be taken seriously for a job, never know romance, and spend his days in lonely hibernation with whatever scraps he managed to save from his acting career.

There will still be no shortage of child actors, because their parents are terrible people.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

You awaken a TV genie who gives you one TV wish. It can effect just one show or channel or genre, or all TV everywhere. What do you use your one wish on?

A second season for a great show canceled after only one season. I can't decide between My So-Called Life, Freaks & Geeks, or Terriers.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
-All the awesome TV I've seen becomes unwatched and that I somehow have the time to re-watch it all.
-Everyone watches the same shows as me, so they are always hits and I don't have to desperately try and convince people to watch cool stuff.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

My own channel? I didn't read any budget restrictions... The Culture Channel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

It would be like HBO if HBO had the budget of every hollywood studio combined. There would be all the books released once every two years as movies with budgets in the billion dollar range. Then a TV series every season to flesh out the universe with new stories. So 4 new TV series a year with radically different themes.

And i get to bring Iian M. Banks back to life to help me with it. I really don't feel like any of this is too much to ask.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

thedaian posted:

The Mole comes back for at least a few more seasons.

Timby posted:

Season 20 of the original Law & Order, as NBC originally promised Dick Wolf.

I'm glad you guys have these covered so I can wish for a final concluding season of Alphas

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Fragmented posted:

My own channel? I didn't read any budget restrictions... The Culture Channel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

It would be like HBO if HBO had the budget of every hollywood studio combined. There would be all the books released once every two years as movies with budgets in the billion dollar range. Then a TV series every season to flesh out the universe with new stories. So 4 new TV series a year with radically different themes.

And i get to bring Iian M. Banks back to life to help me with it. I really don't feel like any of this is too much to ask.

This, but the entire channel is really just a trick to make The Culture a real thing.

Cactus posted:

I've said it before but the Tripods, re-imagined BSG-style.

Actually, why the gently caress hasn't The Tripods been turned into a series of 4-5 movies? Every other piece of dystopian young adult fiction is getting that treatment.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Give Syfy all the best writers and an unlimited budget. Force them to bring back Jericho, Revolution, journeyman, Buffy, Angel etc

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Pillowpants posted:

Give Syfy all the best writers and an unlimited budget. Force them to bring back Jericho, Revolution, journeyman, Buffy, Angel etc

I hope the etc covers some good shows.

Aside from Jericho.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

I hope the etc covers some good shows.

Aside from Jericho.

Journeyman falls just short of Terriers as one of the best 13-and-out shows ever made. :colbert:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Echo Chamber posted:

I'd make the worst talk show host ever; between my stutter, my inability to make eye contact with cameras, inability to tell jokes, inability to manage a production, and not being white. But gently caress it. That's my wish.

The Eric Andre Show?

Also, bring back Happy Endings for like 8 solid seasons retaining that season 2 magic :3:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I got another one

For that Guillermo Del Toro live-action adaptation of Monster for HBO to actually exist

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
A planet wide ban on the monster of the week format of television story-telling.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Journeyman falls just short of Terriers as one of the best 13-and-out shows ever made. :colbert:

I wanted more too, but Day Break was the superior 13 episode series involving time weirdness that starred Moon Bloodgood.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Esroc posted:

A planet wide ban on the monster of the week format of television story-telling.

I'm using my wish to cancel out this one.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I'm using my wish to cancel out this one.

Good to hear. I'm as anti-major network as they come but there are so many shows out there that are at their best when doing MOTW storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
A Penny Dreadful spinoff series starring Ferdinand Lyle and Caitriona Hartdegen who travel the world to discover ancient secrets.

• Locked thread