Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

nine_eos posted:

drone paintball might be fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CoxO8zNiD4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

oh yeah sure tell me all about how grown up and mature your video games paper cards flying plastic races are

context

Robo Reagan posted:

Raiding is pretty pathetic on EU RP servers too. There's like three Alliance guilds on AD that are doing mythic raids. I hate that my friends decided to move here. At least we're in one of the three guilds so we can actually do some content.

Fun fact some RP addons automatically change whatever you type to have an "accent" and if you use it in LFR or something where there's a bunch of people not from a RP server it sends them in to a frenzy. Honestly the one good thing about being on an RP server is people flip their poo poo over you being on an RP server. Combine that with the reported AddOn and my trolling is basically automated. It also helps if you're a tank because it's harder to convince people to kick a tank.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

:drat:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This is probably what being a small bird would look like. Shame it doesn't sound like a chorus of zippers being pulled up and down.

nine_eos
Oct 26, 2015

nullEntityRNG posted:

You're banking too hard on those curves and too late, causing you to lose a lot of momentum. You're not going to do well in the racing if you don't step up your maneuvers.

yeah i could carry more speed through if i hit the apexes tighter, but there are other things to worry about like lining up the next gate and not hitting tree branches/the ground.

still you're right, there's a ton i could do to lower my laptime here. if i were able to run 20-30 more batteries on this course i'm sure i'd bring it down by a few seconds.

nine_eos
Oct 26, 2015

Airborne Viking posted:

how the gently caress do you spot those white arches so well? my old stupid eyes could barely make them out half the time.

the one before the tree chicane was tough for me. that's part of the reason why i missed it and crashed into it.

nine_eos
Oct 26, 2015

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

How big/long are the blades on those things? Do they even have blades?

I can't help picturing that American guy who got decapitated by his model helicopter, a couple of years ago, when it spun outta control.

props are 5" from tip to tip. there are 4 on this ship.

not lethal, but definitely not a good time if it hits you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

gary oldmans diary posted:

your hobby is dumb

inherently

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club
how much does it cost for a basic but effective drone/camera setup?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I may have missed it mentioned before, but what drone setups do you run? Is your racing one different than some of the other trick ones you've posted before?

nine_eos
Oct 26, 2015

Keep Autism Wired posted:

how much does it cost for a basic but effective drone/camera setup?

if you tried to keep your budget low, you could jump all in from nothing for under $1000. the drone itself is probably in the $3-400 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine_eos
Oct 26, 2015

Wintermutant posted:

I may have missed it mentioned before, but what drone setups do you run? Is your racing one different than some of the other trick ones you've posted before?

they're the same types of drones, i have a bunch of different setups but they all fly similar. the differences are small.

i posted this earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47GPwnscJHw

• Locked thread