Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
only 1 and a half points in it now. go blues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
make that half a point

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This loving game

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Wtf

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo we got a match now.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Picchia bianco picchia bianco eh eh!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

He shouldve took that shot. drat. Well played Bianchi and Azurri

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
That was surprisingly good!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i just started to follow calcio this year but that might have been the best match i've seen. those azzuris showed they could scrap but i love the blancis willingness to dunk and use bounce shots/

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I was distracted by work so will watch it again later, but what I managed to watch was excellent. I put it on the projector here at the office and everyone was into it so I might have created a dozen new calcio storico fans today

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Next year I'll have to pick a team.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Here's my very late wrap up, pictures and links below.

Well they've done it, the Bianchi have won again. While the final vs the Azzurri was not the attacking masterclass like the semifinal vs the Verdi, the final saw plenty of action and offense; an excellent mix of scoring and brawling. The Whites looked in control for most of the match and were generally leading anywhere from 2 to 3 points for most of the game. Their shooting was better than the Blues and they thought coasting to an early lead would soften the pressure. Despite dropping behind multiple points the Blues once again showed their unbreakable spirit and their willingness to risk their well being for any attempt on goal. By the end the Whites were laboring and had racked up a few expulsions and Blue was able to capitalize. After closing the points gap to within .5 points the Blues had the ball with one minute left score but they hesitated and in attempting to try and get close they ran out the clock and blew their chance at winning the game. Final score 6.5 to 6 Bianchi.

Lets take a look at some of the action in the finals

Classic sloppy Azzuri offense

Flying kicks

Keep your hands up at all times even in Calcio Storico

Bianchi insulting the Blues with a dunk

A great Azzurri run in the last few minutes to put the game in .5 pts reach.

Calcio Storico viewership is up. Feels great to be on the ground floor of the success of the world's greatest sport.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 1, 2016

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

This game is wonderful and incredible and I am slightly annoyed that I haven't heard about it until this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Semis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8jVJkE43PQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92TQttImnzQ

Final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmHEzvl8Iw

• Locked thread