Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
my high school yearbook had a superlative award for "Worst Driver" and i always thought it was funny because the winner was invariably just the most reckless drunk driver in our grade, and none of the teachers or administrators presiding over the yearbook seemed to realize this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Idiot Kicker posted:

We have had lots of roundabouts installed in our area recently. I like them and there should be more. We now even have this loving thing:

Haven't driven on that yet.

That's clearly a screenshot from a videogame.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm lucky when it comes to driving because The Lord is my co-pilot!

My car weighs 3,553 pounds since that seems to be some sort of big deal in this thread.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Who is she even talking to? There's no one else in the car. What the hell is this crap.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
idk how much my car weighs. i tried driving it over my bathroom scale but it didn't work, because i don't own a bathroom scale, or a car.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
uh women love doggystyle lmao

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Cnut the Great posted:

idk how much my car weighs. i tried driving it over my bathroom scale but it didn't work, because i don't own a bathroom scale, or a car.

3,350 lbs and about 4000 with you in it LOL

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

3,350 lbs and about 4000 with you in it LOL

how could i be that fat if i don't even own a refrigerator. i'm loving destitute man. can i live with you

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

uh women love doggystyle lmao

Is that true? How do you trick them into sex?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

tokomon posted:

I was actually really scared of cars growing up and people used to make fun of me for it until I finally got a license at 17 and promptly wrecked my $500 piece of poo poo first car by driving it into a brick wall at a Wendy's.

Wait, was this you?

http://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/news/139483023.html

e: or this SUV?
e2: or this crash last feb?
e3: this one crashed into a window, so I guess that's not you.
e4: this guy died, so it couldn't be you.
e5: this one knocked out a corner.

I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias, but Wendy's restaraunts seem like car crash magnets.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 10, 2016

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
The most dangerous intersection in the entire state of Michigan is a roundabout near my house. People are very, very dumb in roundabouts.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2016/06/05/oakland-county-most-dangerous-intersection-state/85305668/

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't freep a white nationalist domain? Better not click that.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Airborne Viking posted:

Wait, was this you?

http://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/news/139483023.html

e: or this SUV?
e2: or this crash last feb?
e3: this one crashed into a window, so I guess that's not you.
e4: this guy died, so it couldn't be you
e5: this one just hit the corner

I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias, but Wendy's restaraunts seem like car crash magnets.

Blessedly, no.
It was the late 90's and I was driving a 82 Corolla that was mostly made from bondo, duct tape, and pure unfiltered teenage angst. There were butterfly, yin yang, and Claire's-purchased decals everywhere. Also the windshield was badly cracked. Even after I wrecked that POS, I still drove it for two more shameful years.
Realtalk. Somehow, getting the wreck out of my system made me less prone to being afraid of driving. I've since driven across the country solo and navigated both LA and DC area bullshit on the regular without incident. Wrecking my poo poo on a Wendy's was the best driving lesson ever.

Edit: Somehow not surprised Wendy's is a wreck magnet. Noticed that Hardee's in the morning on the weekends is the same way.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 10, 2016

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

notZaar posted:

No you are confusing that stupid site name with Free Republic. Which are are known as freepers

crabcakes66 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 10, 2016

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

tokomon posted:

Realtalk. Somehow, getting the wreck out of my system made me less prone to being afraid of driving. I've since driven across the country solo and navigated both LA and DC area bullshit on the regular without incident. Wrecking my poo poo on a Wendy's was the best driving lesson ever.
:shobon:

Solo driving to and from college for one summer made me much more relaxed on the road. I was slowly getting more comfortable already, but once I did four solid months of routine driving then I loosened right up.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

notZaar posted:

Detroit Free Press, my friend.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

crabcakes66 posted:

No you are confusing that stupid site name with Free Republic. Which are are known as freepers

Oh I see. Shouldn't they be "freereps" in that case?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my advice to the op is to just hang out in the car in the driveway for a while before you drive to get used to it. also smoke a bowl in the there and bring your pipe and weed with you just in case you have a panic attack on the freeway.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also the only way to avoid ppl driving too fast crashing into you is to drive faster than them and cut in and out of traffic real fast.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
I am some times overcome with waves of incredulity when driving.

Mostly because I'm broke and don't know poo poo about how cars work, so every time I drive it is an ordeal of faith.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Driving in America is so much less stressful than Europe. The roads are massively wide and straight and the cars are huge with massive engines that put out about 3bhp from 3 litres; it's like driving an underpowered tank. The only stressful time was driving through NYC. That was a bad idea.

If you are stressed driving in America you need to check your driving priviliges!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
driving is about the only thing I dont stress about, OP, want to trade?

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I dont understand why people dont have more anxiety about driving cars, its the most dangerous thing you do on a daily basis, cars are 500lb death machines, and every statistic about death compares it by saying youre more likely to die driving yo work.

I crashed the car when I was a teen and didn't really want to again after that. I'm trying to learn now, but I'm really anxious behind the wheel. Now I'm an adult who can't properly adult. :smithicide:

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
I've crashed like 3 cars. You get used to it, just gotta get back up in that saddle and brave death and dismemberment.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
my 2005 prius shakes a little bit from the wind when larger cars pass by it (e.g. when I'm in the turn lane and other people are going forward on the green next to me)

Google says it weighs over 3000 lbs

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Stinky_Pete posted:

my 2005 prius shakes a little bit from the wind when larger cars pass by it (e.g. when I'm in the turn lane and other people are going forward on the green next to me)

Google says it weighs over 3000 lbs

Probably loose suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Idiot Kicker posted:

We have had lots of roundabouts installed in our area recently. I like them and there should be more. We now even have this loving thing:

Haven't driven on that yet.

I will be extremely disappointed if this isn't called a "traffic peanut".

Also, after a lot of research the safest major interchange has been shown to be the Diverging Diamond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24jMVZszPTY

• Locked thread